I finally did it!!!

Supercharged

I've been a huge fan of this forum and the Wayalife family for a long time and we finally did it. We got a 2018 JLU Sport S!!! Hardtop, auto, 24s package, and technology package. Black top and fender flares.

The redesign was friendly enough to accommodate my son's car seat and to allow us to get him in and out and allow leg room for him. He is 5 and does not crawl, stand, walk, or talk. So he's 100% dependent on my wife and I.

This was supposed to be for me but my wife has fallen in love with it and taking more than I have. We will do a few things but with our son a lift really isn't an option so I'll be watching for Rubicon take offs and we'll see what else in the future. Proud to say we're officially part of the family! Now I have to ceramic coat the paint, trim and wheels. Then of course, find a name for her! 20180428_200012.jpg 20180428_200006.jpg 20180428_211126.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jesse3638

Hooked
Congrats! That's awesome. I remember 6 years ago when I brought home my new JK. It's a great feeling! If you're not familiar with them, check out the Chemical guys for your ceramic coating. They make tons of detail products and I've had good luck with the polishes I've used.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Woo-hoo! I can still remember the feeling after buying my first jeep 2 years ago and I still get excited thinking about it. Perfect time of the year to take off that top and take in this weather. Enjoy it as much as you can!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

robertgregory28

Congratulations on your new Jeep. I have a JK and it is tight getting my son in and out. He has down syndrome and CP. He is almost 4 and also doesn't walk, crawl or sit up on his own and we have to keep him rear facing. Is your son's seat rear facing? If so, do you have any pictures of your son in his car seat so I could compare space? I apologize if that's awkward, I'm just curious space difference.

Sent from my E6790TM using Tapatalk

robertgregory28

Here is a picture of our son in my Jeep. He always keeps his legs stiff because of the CP and there isn't enough room for his legs to be straight. 20180421_144503_Film3.jpeg

Supercharged

Congratulations on your new Jeep. I have a JK and it is tight getting my son in and out. He has down syndrome and CP. He is almost 4 and also doesn't walk, crawl or sit up on his own and we have to keep him rear facing. Is your son's seat rear facing? If so, do you have any pictures of your son in his car seat so I could compare space? I apologize if that's awkward, I'm just curious space difference.

We have Tommy forward facing in a Recaro convertible seat. We took it out of my G8 to test and with the passenger seat a little forward he has room to grow. Praying for you bro, we understand the struggles.

Congrats!

My only regret so far is that I didn't get a Jeep years ago. Just got mine last year, when I turned 36, and it's still not actually new... it's an 09 and had 94k miles, I make about 40k a year more than I have the last 15 years, and it was still barely in my budget at around $18,000. Man, do these things hold their value! Lol 🤣
I've been a huge fan of this forum and the Wayalife family for a long time and we finally did it. We got a 2018 JLU Sport S!!! Hardtop, auto, 24s package, and technology package. Black top and fender flares.

The redesign was friendly enough to accommodate my son's car seat and to allow us to get him in and out and allow leg room for him. He is 5 and does not crawl, stand, walk, or talk. So he's 100% dependent on my wife and I.

This was supposed to be for me but my wife has fallen in love with it and taking more than I have. We will do a few things but with our son a lift really isn't an option so I'll be watching for Rubicon take offs and we'll see what else in the future. Proud to say we're officially part of the family! Now I have to ceramic coat the paint, trim and wheels. Then of course, find a name for her! View attachment 300639 View attachment 300640 View attachment 300641

Screenshot_20180502-194918.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom