I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

So let's see those STT Pros mounted up! Did you get new wheels with them or what?

No new wheels yet. [emoji22] Seriously though, these wheels have been fine for my purposes so far. I’d love beadlocks but there are other things I need first.

I didn’t have time for a trail after getting these mounted, but I took the back way home on a couple dirt roads. 30 psi and still connected up front...

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7474.jpg

IMG_7475.jpg

IMG_7476.jpg

While running errands today the TC light over smallish bumps started again. I just pushed through as usual but on the way home it came on, stayed on and was activating the ABS while driving straight, with a straight steering wheel too! Thankfully there was no traffic on my road and only about a 1/2 mile from home.

Checked all the speed sensors and nothing looked amiss. Since I ordered two unit bearings a few weeks back they have been sitting in my garage. I did take one with me last week on the trail, just in case, but had zero issues. I figured it was time with 76,200 miles on the OE bearings and more than half of that time with 4.5” backspace wheels and 35’s.

I bought one on Amazon but that was the only one in the $99 range. Got the second one for $105 on eBay.

IMG_7489.jpg

Instead of using a prybar on the studs, I used my son with his foot on the break to loosen the axle nuts. Reinstalling I stuck a small prybar in the rotor slots and torqued to 100 ft lbs. In this pic I hadn’t torqued the nut yet.

IMG_7492.jpg

As many reviews stated, the speed sensor wire is several inches shorter than the factory one. This is how I routed the new ones. I checked steering clearance and can’t see why this would be an issue. If someone has a better suggestion, I’m all ears! I’m keeping the old wires as spares and going to press out the 10 wheel studs as spares too.

IMG_7493.jpg

Other than the short wires, it was a pretty quick and easy job. I drove it up and down my road afterwards a few times with no TC light. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sounds like it did the trick.

On the studs, just know that once one has been pressed in and removed, it don't fit as tight as it needs in the hole, and can spin instead of getting tight when you put the lug nut on. Sometimes it can be very hard to remove later if it is spinning.

On the other hand, used studs are better than no studs to get back home in the rare case where some break.

See my recent Moab trip as an example.

Sounds like it did the trick.

On the studs, just know that once one has been pressed in and removed, it don't fit as tight as it needs in the hole, and can spin instead of getting tight when you put the lug nut on. Sometimes it can be very hard to remove later if it is spinning.

On the other hand, used studs are better than no studs to get back home in the rare case where some break.

See my recent Moab trip as an example.

That’s good to know. I haven’t broken any yet, but the JK that joins me on the trail seems to break one, every...single...time! The intent would be to get off the trail and to get a new one. Our local parts stores suck and usually have to order everything. Thanks!

That’s good to know. I haven’t broken any yet, but the JK that joins me on the trail seems to break one, every...single...time! The intent would be to get off the trail and to get a new one. Our local parts stores suck and usually have to order everything. Thanks!

One more tidbit:

I ordered a box on Amazon and the thread was right, but the splined end was too big for the holes in the axle. I had to hit the local stores after I pounded mine out. I know you don't have many options where you are at.

One more tidbit:

I ordered a box on Amazon and the thread was right, but the splined end was too big for the holes in the axle. I had to hit the local stores after I pounded mine out. I know you don't have many options where you are at.

Thanks. I think the last ones on the buddy’s JK came from Summit. Fit just right. I’ll have to ask him if there is a brand or part number.

I believe there is two different ones depending on what year of JK you have. Something to do with the TC. Hopefully WJCO chimes in he gave me the correct part number.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I believe there is two different ones depending on what year of JK you have. Something to do with the TC. Hopefully WJCO chimes in he gave me the correct part number.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't remember specifically, but yes I remember something about the part being updated at some point.

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

I don't remember specifically, but yes I remember something about the part being updated at some point.

I had read comments about these being updated somehow and people stating the sensors were wrong or bad. Before buying the HA590242 version, I checked on several parts websites and this was the only one listed for my ‘13, as I recall. I was hoping the sensor had been lengthened, but no. There was a note in both boxes saying to not use a different sensor because the included version was the best match, or something like that.

I did remove one from a new unit and couldn’t eyeball any difference from my originals. Time will tell I suppose. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
So far, no issues after two days of going to work with these unit bearings. The benefit of working 2nd shift is I have time to hit some dirt beforehand sometimes. So Wednesday I’m going to try to get a few hours in before shift. [emoji1303]

My 5th tire arrived at Discount today, so that’ll get installed Thursday morning.

If you watched my video from a couple weeks back you may have heard the squeaking every time I moved. [emoji849] I initially thought it was a bent flange, but I couldn’t confirm that. My brakes are original, so it was time.

No pics but I got all four knocked out this morning. As much as I want to upgrade, it just isn’t the time. So I’m using the Powerstop rotors and pads. I’ve used them on several other vehicles and liked them.

It’s amazing how much more wear the rear pads than the front. Anyone else experience the same?

Had a pretty good day on some local trails before work today, until...

IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

It’s my first real trail break, so check that off the list. Thanks to Bubba, it looks as if a solution will be heading my way soon. My brand new spare tire that gets mounted tomorrow will not be on a tire carrier for a little while. [emoji44]

Here’s a sneak peak of the video I’m working on.

https://youtu.be/cjlGC1upCyM

Top Bottom