I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Sucks about your carrier. What do you think caused it ?

If there needs to be a first trail break, that’s a good one to have. Did it impact coming down a ledge? Nice start to the video!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was turning around in a tight canyon area. I bumped a pretty small rock backing up. It sounded like something tapped my license plate. The look on my friends eyes told me different.

Thanks! It’s an area I’m somewhat familiar with that I hadn’t really considered for the Jeep before. Turns out there is a wide variety of off pavement fun to be had!

Two hours on the trails yesterday added some weight to the Jeep. So I did some light housekeeping.

IMG_7558.jpg

Went and grabbed my new spare at Discount this morning, even though there’s nothing to attach it to.

IMG_7553.jpg

Even knowing it was temporary, the broken tire carrier with bungee cords holding my license plate, brake light and plate light on not only looked bad, but had me worried it would fall off without my knowledge. While the spare was getting swapped I went to Lowe’s.

Using a 1/16”x1”x3’ piece of aluminum strap, a drill and my imagination, I made a mount and removed the broken carrier.

IMG_7557.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg

Exodus Jeeps just sent me tracking info for my EVO hinged tire carrier. I’m looking forward to that, of course! Thanks again, Bubba!

I like the new look.

Of course I am biased. I like the look of the tire inside where it don't hit things.

Of course it is a trade off. I am a little short on space.

Attachments

• IMG_20190318_150100_01.jpg
    IMG_20190318_150100_01.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 53
I like the new look.

Of course I am biased. I like the look of the tire inside where it don't hit things.

Of course it is a trade off. I am a little short on space.

Thanks! I like the look too and with removing my 3rd row seating, I had considered that setup. I still have a lot to carry back there though if the whole family joins me.

I’ve seen some concerning posts about the EVO hinged carrier here, but I’ve seen a lot that have impressed me. So I’ll do my thing with it as I’m sure it’s a huge step up from factory.

I have my old carrier to if you need one

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! The new one from Bubba is already on the way.

Taking the OE carrier off reminded me of removing the factory bumpers. “This thing is supposed to hold a tire and wheel securely?!?!” and, “These paperweights called bumpers are supposed to protect me?!?!”

Nice Tires! That’s going to be my next upgrade although I think just a tad bit smaller 295’s. Sucks about the carrier, but it sounds like you have it handled!

Nice Tires! That’s going to be my next upgrade although I think just a tad bit smaller 295’s. Sucks about the carrier, but it sounds like you have it handled!

The Coopers did great yesterday on their maiden voyage. I’m still getting used to them being narrower looking at road psi settings, but again, they were great in the dirt, rocks and sand yesterday at 18 psi.

It does suck, but thankfully getting handled. Exodus Jeeps has some fast shipping. Sent today, estimated delivery Monday. [emoji1303]

IMG_7565.jpg

Below is the video from Wednesday ‘s excursion. It was mostly to see what’s really out there. Mostly some great scenery and we did identify some better rock crawling areas, but saving it for another day. The Smugglers Tunnel area is cool and interesting to me. It’s also where I broke my tire carrier, turning around.

Disclaimer as usual, I’m no pro video guy, but I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/OnMQu3Nx1Uk

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Nice video! The only thing missing was the thump, thump, thump music [emoji6].

Nice video! The only thing missing was the thump, thump, thump music [emoji6].

Funny you mention that! I use iMovie on my iPad to edit videos. I tried adding their canned music and it wouldn’t upload to YouTube or download to my camera roll without hanging up half way through. I even left it running all night while I slept. Removed the thump thumps and away it went.

Anyway, thanks. Also, sometimes I wear black socks with my black tennis shoes while wearing shorts! I know, such a rebel and apparently stylish? [emoji23]

Funny you mention that! I use iMovie on my iPad to edit videos. I tried adding their canned music and it wouldn’t upload to YouTube or download to my camera roll without hanging up half way through. I even left it running all night while I slept. Removed the thump thumps and away it went.

Anyway, thanks. Also, sometimes I wear black socks with my black tennis shoes while wearing shorts! I know, such a rebel and apparently stylish? [emoji23]

[emoji38][emoji38] Seriously, nice job! What did you use to shoot? Go Pro? I’m glad it didn’t get damaged during the under vehicle shots!

[emoji38][emoji38] Seriously, nice job! What did you use to shoot? Go Pro? I’m glad it didn’t get damaged during the under vehicle shots!

Yep, GoPro 4 session or something like that. The little black cube one. I have a clip on mount now I found for really cheap. Most of the footage it was on my visor. It held really well and showed the beautiful surroundings too. The video of me climbing the atv trail and of me trying to flex out by the train trestle was shot on an iphone by my buddy.

The GoPro survived both hits way better than my factory tire carrier! [emoji44][emoji23][emoji1303]

Yes, I started another thread about this. Just call me a post whore, or don’t, or offend someone by calling me a whore. Whatever! [emoji23]

Updated pic with banner though, for the record.

IMG_7571.jpg

Damn you, FedEx! Why is it when I’m off work and waiting for Jeep parts you show up at 8pm and when I’m working you show up with less than an a half hour before shift?!?!?! [emoji35][emoji2959]

Yes, tire carrier arrived today! [emoji1303] (Thanks, yet again, Bubba!) All I had time for was to open everything up and confirm all the hardware was present. Oh, and I removed the plastic from the tailgate. Hopefully I’ll get started around 9 am tomorrow.

Top Bottom