I wonder how a 'FULL STOCK' Jeep Wrangler would do in the Baja 1000?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
People read into this too much. It's a stock truck. I would totally do it in a stock wrangler. It would be fun as hell!

2013CGJKU

People read into this too much. It's a stock truck. I would totally do it in a stock wrangler. It would be fun as hell!

I'm with you brother. Someone get me a new hard rock rubi with the dana 60 upgrades and the new Mopar bead locks and I promise you that I'll keep that thing at race pace for as long as it will hold up. Will it make it? Who knows. I'd sacrifice the beating on my internal organs and the spine compression to find out. If anyone wants to find out and needs a driver, count me in!

Remlap

I'm with you brother. Someone get me a new hard rock rubi with the dana 60 upgrades and the new Mopar bead locks and I promise you that I'll keep that thing at race pace for as long as it will hold up. Will it make it? Who knows. I'd sacrifice the beating on my internal organs and the spine compression to find out. If anyone wants to find out and needs a driver, count me in!

Are they offering this now?

Remlap

Interesting, I bet for how much more this option will be that aftermarket will still be the better way to go.

Unless you really like warranties.

Remlap

Doesn't seem to me that a stock Jeep Wrangler is as well suited for this type of race as this Toyota TRD or a Ford Raptor maybe. Even Chevy now has the Reaper, one at the dealer near me for 70 some grand, ridiculous.

I'd try it for sure though, but not my own vehicle of course. I think if you used common sense and nursed it a bit, a finish would be possible but I doubt at that average speed.

Would still take a Wrangler for the money though no question.

jhires

From the factory, I doubt a JK would make it. But within the rules of the Full Stock class it might. Full Stock class disallows modification of things like control arms, but does allow the addition of shock mounts for additional shocks. Your bracing for the new shock mount just happens to add strength as a side effect. People take advantage of this using additional mount that just happens to provide additional strength. There are a lot of gray areas in the rules.

Anyone happen to have Score Rulebook that could enlighten us as to what "Full Stock" means to them? Might be fun to see what one could get away with.

Either way, major kudos to anyone for just finishing that race. I doubt I could do it, and am pretty sure I would break before my rig.

Speeddmn

So if this were to happen in a JK, would it be a 2 door or 4 door? Also I think by saying stock class maybe can have a drastic difference in what can be changed. Example is in drag racing you have stock suspension classes, meaning same mounting location and style of shocks, etc. Then can be better/valved different/shorter or longer as needed to help.

I think going that route a "stock" 4 door Rubicon, with cut fenders, upgraded lights for safety, seats, gps, safety equipment Would be the bare minimum. I also think that adding the molar lift, and a few helpful dealership ordered items would help. Tires... I'm pretty sure a 34-35" tire would be large enough, don't think it would really be the losing point. I think as race speeds the front axle would blow up/bend first.

All in All it would be a stock class jeep....

linehand08

I Bought my wife a Toyota Tacoma Baja edition and that thing is F'n awesome. When she lets me take it out to get my fix while my jeep is in surgery I haul ass on the desert roads out here. I personally have had that thing doing 70 MPH:eek: off road and it rides even better that when your going slow no heavy whoop's or anything but some mildly rough road's.

JLR

Those new Tundras are pretty well set up for sure. I sure as heck wouldn't want to try to take on Baja at race speeds in any solid front axle rig unless it was very heavily modified! I'm imagining you could finish the race, but it wouldn't be a very fun trip:eek:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
So if this were to happen in a JK, would it be a 2 door or 4 door? Also I think by saying stock class maybe can have a drastic difference in what can be changed. Example is in drag racing you have stock suspension classes, meaning same mounting location and style of shocks, etc. Then can be better/valved different/shorter or longer as needed to help.

I think going that route a "stock" 4 door Rubicon, with cut fenders, upgraded lights for safety, seats, gps, safety equipment Would be the bare minimum. I also think that adding the molar lift, and a few helpful dealership ordered items would help. Tires... I'm pretty sure a 34-35" tire would be large enough, don't think it would really be the losing point. I think as race speeds the front axle would blow up/bend first.

All in All it would be a stock class jeep....

Seeing as the Mopar lifts are rebadged Teraflex i bet the suspension would fail first😁

Fridge81

I didn't see it mentioned yet but, jeepspeed just opened 3 wrangler classes.

Class 1700
Stock wheelbase +/- 2". 105" max . 6 cyl with 33" tires. Suspension 10" front travel and 12" rear. One shock per wheel

Class 3750
117" max wheelbase. Jeep/Mopar V8 or 6 cyl up to 6 liters. No SRT variants. Forced induction ok on 6 cyl. 35" tires. Suspension 12" front travel and 14" rear. One shock per wheel.

Class 3700
Open class. Any production based engine. 37" tires. Suspension 15" front travel open rear travel. Shock size and number of shocks open.

This news has me seriously thinking about racing.

linehand08

I didn't see it mentioned yet but, jeepspeed just opened 3 wrangler classes.

Class 1700
Stock wheelbase +/- 2". 105" max . 6 cyl with 33" tires. Suspension 10" front travel and 12" rear. One shock per wheel

Class 3750
117" max wheelbase. Jeep/Mopar V8 or 6 cyl up to 6 liters. No SRT variants. Forced induction ok on 6 cyl. 35" tires. Suspension 12" front travel and 14" rear. One shock per wheel.

Class 3700
Open class. Any production based engine. 37" tires. Suspension 15" front travel open rear travel. Shock size and number of shocks open.

This news has me seriously thinking about racing.

unless you got a full ride its not worth your time.

Top Bottom