I'm purposely getting banned... because I can't follow the rules

Exodus 4x4

This seems like it's gotten out of control. I mean really, was the guy that big of threat to any paying vendor on here? Has more revenue to them been lost by Ed's actions, or by the moderators that piss people off now and then and cause them to leave? Lost members equates to lost advertisement seen, and therefore lost revenue for the vendors. I bet if you added up all the money of former members that have left because of this sorta thing it would probably exceed anything that would have been spent on Ed's shop, if any at all. I can see how this might be a matter of principle, but it's gotten really out of hand.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
This seems like it's gotten out of control. I mean really, was the guy that big of threat to any paying vendor on here? Has more revenue to them been lost by Ed's actions, or by the moderators that piss people off now and then and cause them to leave? Lost members equates to lost advertisement seen, and therefore lost revenue for the vendors. I bet if you added up all the money of former members that have left because of this sorta thing it would probably exceed anything that would have been spent on Ed's shop, if any at all. I can see how this might be a matter of principle, but it's gotten really out of hand.

You're damn straight it got out if control, this guy is a guest here, rules are very simple. He doesn't want to follow them. Now how is this the moderators fault again?

MarkW13

This is where I was going with why the USA is free. Americans will not stand for tyrannical rule. I agree whole heartedly with your comments and believe that many people leave for this reason and that equates to lost revenue to sponsors. I'm not saying to allow gross impropriety, but attacking like a pack of wolves equates to simple school yard bullying. This is completely out of hand.

ttfhell

If I let you come into my house but ask you remove your shoes and you won't what should I do? Ask again? Well that was done twice. Yet you still won't do it and it is my house. What would you do next?

This isn't his, yours, or my forum.
Why people can't understand that escapes me.

ttfhell

This is where I was going with why the USA is free. Americans will not stand for tyrannical rule. I agree whole heartedly with your comments and believe that many people leave for this reason and that equates to lost revenue to sponsors. I'm not saying to allow gross impropriety, but attacking like a pack of wolves equates to simple school yard bullying. This is completely out of hand.

See my previous post. This isn't America's forum. This is Eddie's. It's a rule here.
The great part of America is that you AREN'T forced to participate here but can if you want. For FREE. Your hard work and taxes aren't paying for this. For Fucks sake how do people think this site is everyone's cause it's on the Internet?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
See my previous post. This isn't America's forum. This is Eddie's. It's a rule here.
The great part of America is that you AREN'T forced to participate here but can if you want. For FREE. Your hard work and taxes aren't paying for this. For Fucks sake how do people think this site is everyone's cause it's on the Internet?

Crazy isn't it.

MarkW13

If I let you come into my house but ask you remove your shoes and you won't what should I do? Ask again? Well that was done twice. Yet you still won't do it and it is my house. What would you do next?

This isn't his, yours, or my forum.
Why people can't understand that escapes me.

Like it or not this is a community and the way this is being handled is not reflective of a jeepers mentality or promoting the way of life.

To be clear this is not about the issue it is the way the message is being sent.

Hell, i'm not even taking the guys side. Changing a few words in a profile seems pretty reasonable to me.

Ed Lapadura

This isn't about my thread this isn't about whose website it is America or anything else about control and I'm not going to be subject to being controlled by somebody who has no bearing on my life I was sharing my thread and my build because of the hobby wasn't trying to promote my business if that gets their panties in an uproar then I'll kindly leave and not come back but to the people who really do love jeeps and wanted to see my build being finished and along with my enjoying the Jeep afterwards so be it

JKWrang

This isn't about my thread this isn't about whose website it is America or anything else about control and I'm not going to be subject to being controlled by somebody who has no bearing on my life I was sharing my thread and my build because of the hobby wasn't trying to promote my business if that gets their panties in an uproar then I'll kindly leave and not come back but to the people who really do love jeeps and wanted to see my build being finished and along with my enjoying the Jeep afterwards so be it

Controlled by someone? Man you sound like a self victimizing female.

Get over yourself

Exodus 4x4

Like it or not this is a community and the way this is being handled is not reflective of a jeepers mentality or promoting the way of life.

To be clear this is not about the issue it is the way the message is being sent.

Hell, i'm not even taking the guys side. Changing a few words in a profile seems pretty reasonable to me.

Exactly. This would have been better for the whole community had it been handled in a very diplomatic discussion by pm.

ttfhell

Was this on his site or yours? Drops mic.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I don't get it. I've really enjoyed reading some of your posts Ed, but wrong is wrong. If you are here to enjoy your hobby, why even list your business? Two entirely different parts of life. The name of your shop is not your occupation, 'shop owner' would be. No one is trying to 'control' you, just giving you an opportunity to follow the rules you agreed to when you signed up. You were asked several times to take it down before it reached this level. You say your not and Internet tough guy, just a grown man. Time to act on that. A man doesn't get called out for being wrong and act this way. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand? Your hobby is your Jeep, so keep your posts about your Jeep. No need to ever mention your business.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Exactly. This would have been better for the whole community had it been handled in a very diplomatic discussion by pm.

As you can see it was handled diplomatically. What part are you not seeing here? The part where he said he wasn't going to follow the rules or the part where he said the rules don't apply to him?

Top Bottom