I'm still liquid for 100k smartass

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Why would one lease a vehicle and mod it up? Or, even finance or max out a credit card for mods. Makes no sense to me.

shadow21

I don't see how you can't get the bolt on coil-over kit? The front is 2200 the rear is 2500. If you can really use 12.5k for parts the you got the money for everything you want. That's not to say that if agree with buying 12.5k in parts on a leased vehicle but hey it's your life to do what you want. I just hate pissing money away

JAGS

Hooked
No offense...but you suck donkey dicks. I'm am so effing sick of people gaming the system every chance they get. Except in very limited circumstances, there is no legitimate reason for you to be running a modified vehicle through your business. And your CPA is a crook if he is telling you to do it. Maybe you and your CPA can find a way to get some EBT cards too...I bet Teraflex would accept them.

Integrity can be defined as doing the right thing even when no one is watching. Karma is a bitch dude, and I hope she slaps you silly.

Come on sharkey, he's losing his job and is only 100k liquid. I mean the least we can do is establish a kick starter account, for the lease he is going to deduct.

I'm mean can't think of another guy ever to fall on hard times and not need a little. Oh wait, yeah I can, me. 😉 Got laid off four years ago. Worked my ass off opening my own business and continued working my ass off keeping my house running and racking up zero debt, bought a jeep, saved for kids college, and more.

I too have a zero tolerance for this kind of entitled crap.

- Jason

shadow21

No offense...but you suck donkey dicks. I'm am so effing sick of people gaming the system every chance they get. Except in very limited circumstances, there is no legitimate reason for you to be running a modified vehicle through your business. And your CPA is a crook if he is telling you to do it. Maybe you and your CPA can find a way to get some EBT cards too...I bet Teraflex would accept them.

Integrity can be defined as doing the right thing even when no one is watching. Karma is a bitch dude, and I hope she slaps you silly.

EBT+Teraflex= ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410744912.833576.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410744919.016918.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Man I've been slammed at work lately, seems like I've missed a lot of drama. :crazyeyes:

I personally don't think you have had enough vehicles in the past few years. Case in point...

2010, 2012, 2013 Rubicons Sold

Current- 2014 SRT8

Incoming- 2015 Rubicon

Screw the lease, you should finance another one, and then another one when the new model comes out. :thumb:

What does 100K liquid mean? I'm going to stop at the store tonight and buy a $12-15 bottle of liquid to consume with dinner. Where does that leave me? :idontknow:

shadow21

Come on sharkey, he's losing his job and is only 100k liquid. I mean the least we can do is establish a kick starter account, for the lease he is going to deduct.

I'm mean can't think of another guy ever to fall on hard times and not need a little. Oh wait, yeah I can, me. 😉 Got laid off four years ago. Worked my ass off opening my own business and continued working my ass off keeping my house running and racking up zero debt, bought a jeep, saved for kids college, and more.

I too have a zero tolerance for this kind of entitled crap.

- Jason

Respect to you sir.

JAGS

Hooked
Man I've been slammed at work lately, seems like I've missed a lot of drama. :crazyeyes:

I personally don't think you have had enough vehicles in the past few years. Case in point...

Screw the lease, you should finance another one, and then another one when the new model comes out. :thumb:

What does 100K liquid mean? I'm going to stop at the store tonight and buy a $12-15 bottle of liquid to consume with dinner. Where does that leave me? :idontknow:

Happy and posting in the wines of the week thread later! 🍷

He did say he wanted a 12" lift, has a small mans complex AND is 100k liquid. So one can connect the dots. 😉 Crazy thing is Vette has been around for a while, so kind of surprised he went down this path.

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
Respect to you sir.

No praise needed. It's what any respectable and hardworking father and husband would try to do in my shoes. I'm more sympathetic to those going through difficult times as a result. But I have no sympathy for liars and those who lack integrity. A sore subject as I've seen folks true colors as a business owner and as part of my layoff. It's been some time, but still strikes a chord.

- Jason

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Really smart ass, whats the issue? I'm still liquid for over 100k, why would I want to tie that up in a vehicle when I can lease it, run it through my company I still have set up, deduct it, and then turn the car in three years from now and get another? Let me guess, your a plumber?

This coming from the guy who posted up about how his wife lost her job and he is out 100k a year.

You're the one always coming there for advice and bitching about money then throwing around how much you have. Last time I checked nobody gives a fuck how much money anyone makes. You might have more into your rig then I have into mine difference is, I use mine.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Really smart ass, whats the issue? I'm still liquid for over 100k, why would I want to tie that up in a vehicle when I can lease it, run it through my company I still have set up, deduct it, and then turn the car in three years from now and get another? Let me guess, your a plumber?

Liquid for only 6 figures?

49928469.jpg

But I do agree with you. Buying cars under your business for "business purposes" isn't the worst idea.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Happy and posting in the wines of the week thread later! 

He did say he wanted a 12" lift, has a small mans complex AND is 100k liquid. So one can connect the dots.  Crazy thing is Vette has been around for a while, so kind of surprised he went down this path.

- Jason

Really? I'm not, saw this coming a while ago.

And yes, I am a plumber.:2thumbsup:

Vettethret

2 or 4 door? (Idk if i missed that or not) Im running a 5.5 Rk xfactor long arm (38 mtrks) on my jku now and like it. I only went with such a big lift was for belly clearance. But for now it does pretty damn good in the the extreme mall parking lots :cheesy:
View attachment 100179

Thanks Gr8white, I'll probably go with RK since I know that lift works. Thanks for being the only one who actually answered my question.:beer:

Vettethret

You will get hosed by financing that 12.5k. If you were to search the same lifts, they are probably 4-5k max.

If they're letting you pick lift, why not CO?? I think you could do that for 12.5 or close to it.

- Jason

With the slabs, trac bars, flip link, tires, coil overs, sliders, labor etc- its just over 15k

Vettethret

You can claim (deduct) your built/leased rig from your taxes??? What kind of mortgage business requires a lifted jeep off road vehicle? Just asking as I too have my own business and would love to know that work-around. 

I think overlanders point was likely more the age long rule....you don't finance toys (boats, atvs, etc, trailers) etc. not sure why the harsh replay, but sure you'll work it out. 

- Jason

I am going to re confirm with my CPA but he says if I lease the vehicle, its a greater tax deduction (Even larger on an SUV). He ran through the reason but I cant remember them all.

Vettethret

"Any opinions would be appreciated." Unless of course you don't like somebody else's opinion...

Not at all. Almost every single person attacked my finance plan, only one actually answered the question about which lift. I posted because I was interested in peoples opinions on the lift, not me leasing the Jeep.

Vettethret

I'm gaming the system because I am writing off a lease when I use the vehicle for my business? What does it matter if the vehicle is stock or lifted, a lease write off is a lease write off???????????

Top Bottom