I'm still liquid for 100k smartass

Vettethret

If his CPA told him to write off the vehicle's miles then that is fine, if he actually said you can write off mods on a leased vehicle he is either a moron, a scam artist, or a nasty combination of the two.

Writing off the miles and the lease payment, not the mods.

Vettethret

I don't see how you can't get the bolt on coil-over kit? The front is 2200 the rear is 2500. If you can really use 12.5k for parts the you got the money for everything you want. That's not to say that if agree with buying 12.5k in parts on a leased vehicle but hey it's your life to do what you want. I just hate pissing money away

15k for ALL the parts and labor with the slabs/coil overs

Vettethret

Come on sharkey, he's losing his job and is only 100k liquid. I mean the least we can do is establish a kick starter account, for the lease he is going to deduct.

I'm mean can't think of another guy ever to fall on hard times and not need a little. Oh wait, yeah I can, me.  Got laid off four years ago. Worked my ass off opening my own business and continued working my ass off keeping my house running and racking up zero debt, bought a jeep, saved for kids college, and more.

I too have a zero tolerance for this kind of entitled crap.

- Jason

:cheesy:Entilted??? Makes no fucking sense?

Vettethret

No praise needed. It's what any respectable and hardworking father and husband would try to do in my shoes. I'm more sympathetic to those going through difficult times as a result. But I have no sympathy for liars and those who lack integrity. A sore subject as I've seen folks true colors as a business owner and as part of my layoff. It's been some time, but still strikes a chord.

- Jason

Who the fuck is the liar here? Im a liar because I am writing off a lease? Your a FUCKING IDIOT!

Vettethret

This coming from the guy who posted up about how his wife lost her job and he is out 100k a year.

You're the one always coming there for advice and bitching about money then throwing around how much you have. Last time I checked nobody gives a fuck how much money anyone makes. You might have more into your rig then I have into mine difference is, I use mine.

Im always throwing around my money?? I would LOVE to see that post. Every time I post something you always come up with some jaded comeback that doesn't come close to answering my post, you've done this many times, that's why I responded the way I did! Youre A dick!

Tigrcky

Im always throwing around my money?? I would LOVE to see that post. Every time I post something you always come up with some jaded comeback that doesn't come close to answering my post, you've done this many times, that's why I responded the way I did! Youre A dick!

He is also a mod and long time member so show some respect why don't you! Besides only I can call him that

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Writing off the miles and the lease payment, not the mods.

You specifically stated that your dealer was going to put the mods into your lease payment, and you intend to take a deduction for the lease payment. Are you now saying that your CPA will deduct the mods from the lease amount for the purpose of doing your taxes? Bullshit!

Your entire reason for the method of financing you have chosen is to pass the mods through your business. You said so. Don't change your story now.

Can't say I'm surprised that you were a mortgage broker.

Tigrcky

You specifically stated that your dealer was going to put the mods into your lease payment, and you intend to take a deduction for the lease payment. Are you now saying that your CPA will deduct the mods from the lease amount for the purpose of doing your taxes? Bullshit!

Your entire reason for the method of financing you have chosen is to pass the mods through your business. You said so. Don't change your story now.

I thought he was a crack dealer and a corrupt politician :idontknow:

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What does it matter if the vehicle is stock or lifted, a lease write off is a lease write off???????????

No, it's not. When you artificially increase the amount of the lease payments by modding out the vehicle, you are gaming the system.

Hell, if you work in an office and are writing off your lease at all, or are deducting miles for your "to and from" work, you are probably already violating tax code.

Edit: And I'm sure you and your CPA properly account for the fact you drive this "business vehicle" on the weekends and after business hours.

:naw:

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Who the fuck is the liar here? Im a liar because I am writing off a lease? Your a FUCKING IDIOT!

You can not write off a lease payment unless the vehicles sole purpose is to conduct business related activities. Since your business is "DEAD" you have no business travel. Who's an fn idiot again.

Additionally, you can only write off the percentage of payment in which it is used for business activities. Will "offroading" be part of your dead mortgage business? Whose am fn idiot again.

I could go on but I'm just a fn idiot and my Aunt isn't my CPA so I shouldn't trust she has my legal best interest at heart.

So yeah, you're a liar who chooses to dish way too personal Information about your income and shady IRS practices, etc. But I'm an idiot so don't pay attention to me. 😃😃👍

- Jason

Vettethret

WTF are you talking about man? I said I was deducting THE PAYMENTS AND MILEAGE!

Vettethret

No, it's not. When you artificially increase the amount of the lease payments by modding out the vehicle, you are gaming the system.

Hell, if you work in an office and are writing off your lease at all, or are deducting miles for your "to and from" work, you are probably already violating tax code.

Edit: And I'm sure you and your CPA properly account for the fact you drive this "business vehicle" on the weekends and after business hours.

:naw:

You got me big guy, you've figured out my whole scheme that I've been planning for years now. I'll guess I have to go back to the drawing board!~

jims68

Hell, if you work in an office and are writing off your lease at all, or are deducting miles for your to and from to work, you are probably already violating tax code.

As Sharkey just stated very bad territory you are venturing. What my tax lady told me was book value unless mods are directly needed for your job and that is subjective to the IRS. On top of if you wander into this gray area to far that will set a red flag on your return. But what do I know, one of my co-workers writes a $1000 of printer ink off each year and doesn't have a printer capable of doing this printing 8 hours a day! That is part of our systems problem, honesty isn't rewarded any more and everyone is doing it seems to be the norm!

Vettethret

You can not write off a lease payment unless the vehicles sole purpose is to conduct business related activities. Since your business is "DEAD" you have no business travel. Who's an fn idiot again.

Additionally, you can only write off the percentage of payment in which it is used for business activities. Will "offroading" be part of your dead mortgage business? Whose am fn idiot again.

I could go on but I'm just a fn idiot and my Aunt isn't my CPA so I shouldn't trust she has my legal best interest at heart.

So yeah, you're a liar who chooses to dish way too personal Information about your income and shady IRS practices, etc. But I'm an idiot so don't pay attention to me. 

- Jason

OK, so lets say I call my CPA tomorrow and I'm wrong (And after all these replies, maybe I am), and I cant write off the lease. My post was about which lift would be better, RK OR TERA. Only one person answered with anything remotely helpful. Everything else I got was an insult (I'm a liar, I'm skating the system etc). You know, I've noticed on this board that if your not in "The Clique" that your some kind of outsider and people are more inclined to talk shit and look down on you because you're not one of the boys? That's too bad, the one time I did go out with the group I had a blast!

Vettethret

As Sharkey just stated very bad territory you are venturing. What my tax lady told me was book value unless mods are directly needed for your job and that is subjective to the IRS. On top of if you wander into this gray area to far that will set a red flag on your return. But what do I know, one of my co-workers writes a $1000 of printer ink off each year and doesn't have a printer capable of doing this printing 8 hours a day! That is part of our systems problem, honesty isn't rewarded any more and everyone is doing it seems to be the norm!

Thanks Jim, I am calling my CPA tomorrow to make sure I have my story straight. I do specifically remember him telling me my next car to get a lease. It was two years ago he told me this so I may have my facts wrong.:thumb:

jims68

Thanks Jim, I am calling my CPA tomorrow to make sure I have my story straight. I do specifically remember him telling me my next car to get a lease. It was two years ago he told me this so I may have my facts wrong.:thumb:

Hey just saying IRS won't care what you, I or your financial professional said. They will just want there fair share, and that is sure subjective!

JAGS

Hooked
OK, so lets say I call my CPA tomorrow and I'm wrong (And after all these replies, maybe I am), and I cant write off the lease. My post was about which lift would be better, RK OR TERA. Only one person answered with anything remotely helpful. Everything else I got was an insult (I'm a liar, I'm skating the system etc). You know, I've noticed on this board that if your not in "The Clique" that your some kind of outsider and people are more inclined to talk shit and look down on you because you're not one of the boys? That's too bad, the one time I did go out with the group I had a blast!

I do believe I said I would not do any of the lifts through the dealer. Done.

I also said you could do COs for that budget. Do it right by saving a few bucks here an there and doing a little yourself.

If the only reason to do so is to dodge the IRS, then again, I would not finance mods through the dealership. You asked for opinions without noting what we could have opinions on. I don't care who it is, I'm not fond of shady people.

- Jason

Top Bottom