Inexpensive LEDs and HIDs

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Oh, right, that makes sense too. :crazyeyes: Trying to figure how to go from accessory to battery to daystar and how all is connected without shorting/frying anything in the process. Admittedly, one of many things still learning.

It's not that difficult. Just get a basic wiring schematic and go with that. It's easier then you think.

Lagavulin

Check your local Craigslist as well. You might find something closer to you. I have someone closer to me that has the same ones. They are Cree LED's.

Searched for Cree LEDs on Craigslist and two posting came up in nj which is uber close. Still waiting on the reply but thanks for the tip.

HLKSMSH

Guys I am not trying to hijack this thread but I can get you guys a better deal on these same light from a local guy here where I got my lights and he sales a 50" for $380 all day long I have the 50" and two pod lights. They are nice lights the local here has a FB page called "Warrior LED's" If you want a deal on lights hit him up for a price.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Guys I am not trying to hijack this thread but I can get you guys a better deal on these same light from a local guy here where I got my lights and he sales a 50" for $380 all day long I have the 50" and two pod lights. They are nice lights the local here has a FB page called "Warrior LED's" If you want a deal on lights hit him up for a price.

As long as you aren't pimping your own business or getting a cut, I don't see it as being a hijack. I started this thread so people would know there are other alternatives out there. I say post the guy's contact info.

As long as you aren't pimping your own business or getting a cut, I don't see it as being a hijack. I started this thread so people would know there are other alternatives out there. I say post the guy's contact info.

I've spoke to him via Facebook and he was really cool. Got back to me pretty quick and answered all my questions. I will post when I get them and show packaging and ship times, etc. and obviously installed :thumb:

Heholua

Cool. Let us know how they are. Honestly, shops/stores all over are building and selling these Cree lights at a discount compared to Rigid, so there are tons of options out there.

The unique thing about these guys is the fogs I ordered are plug and play with the factory harnesses, no splicing or flicker to deal with. If you go to the site, check out their take on Cree vs. Epistar.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
the inspired-engineering lights are nice, they made me a custom harness for my light bar that plugs into the stock fog wiring so I can use the stock switch instead of running any wires inside. I plan to order a few more in time. For now I only have the 21" bar in spot/flood and amber tinted lens. I also have 8 of their rock lights waiting to be installed this weekend.

Attachments

• image-3270467758.jpg
    image-3270467758.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 258
  • image-3233385430.jpg
    image-3233385430.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 257

Lagavulin

I ordered these lights from LED stores on eBay. Great they were a great price and I hooked them up to the battery to test them and they are bright. Currently I don't have them hooked up to a switch because I redid the wiring that the previous owner did and am fabricating an s-pod. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380105613.091403.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380105567.735512.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380105417.801750.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380105417.801750.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 231

Mitrig

I ordered these lights from LED stores on eBay. Great they were a great price and I hooked them up to the battery to test them and they are bright. Currently I don't have them hooked up to a switch because I redid the wiring that the previous owner did and am fabricating an s-pod. View attachment 50401 View attachment 50400

Was looking at picking up a similar set. Going to have to get a bigger batter or do what I did on my last truck and install a second battery and possibly a bigger alternator since I have the entire interior wired with green led glow lights for night driving. How bright are those spotlights?

Lagavulin

Was looking at picking up a similar set. Going to have to get a bigger batter or do what I did on my last truck and install a second battery and possibly a bigger alternator since I have the entire interior wired with green led glow lights for night driving. How bright are those spotlights?

They are very bright. I hooked them up directly to the battery just to see if they worked. Currently they're installed in place but not hooked up. I should have a picture of how bright they are by the end of the week.

Mitrig

They are very bright. I hooked them up directly to the battery just to see if they worked. Currently they're installed in place but not hooked up. I should have a picture of how bright they are by the end of the week.

Alright man well I will be waiting patiently to see how they turned out. Debated between a similar set and kc lights

Lagavulin

Alright man well I will be waiting patiently to see how they turned out. Debated between a similar set and kc lights

I had Kc flood lights and hated them. I like my LEDs much more. My kc floods are actually for sale for anyone who is interested.

Top Bottom