Inside tire wear

benatc1

Hooked
NOTHING and I do mean nothing, not rock crawling or anything silly like that will break things more or faster than speed.

Yeah, should be close to zero. If you check the passenger side, that should give you a pretty good reference.

I should note, if it's bent, it could just be the end forging and if it's just a bit off, you could always install an exotic/adjustable ball joint to help correct it. Or at least, until you can afford to upgrade.
Speed kills I guess.. but it’s so damn fun lol…Thanks for the info, unfortunately not in a place to upgrade if that’s the case, so I’ll have to figure that out after I check tomorrow am. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Speed kills I guess.. but it’s so damn fun lol…Thanks for the info, unfortunately not in a place to upgrade if that’s the case, so I’ll have to figure that out after I check tomorrow am. Thanks!
🤣 yeah, I get it. The tire wear really isn’t that big of a deal and again, an adjustable ball joint will fix thing well enough and for cheap.

CalSgt

Hooked
So I’m toe in .25”, which I can probably dial that down a bit, any thoughts on it only effecting one tire not both?

Toe in should not scrub the inside edge of the tires, if toe in is excessive it should be evident on the outside edge of the tires. Excessive toe in could cause some shimmy in the steering wheel especially if the pavement is grooved.

benatc1

Hooked
Toe in should not scrub the inside edge of the tires, if toe in is excessive it should be evident on the outside edge of the tires. Excessive toe in could cause some shimmy in the steering wheel especially if the pavement is grooved.
Yea for sure, I was actually toe out, definitely a typo, rotated and going you keep a closer eye on it. I’m currently toe in just under 1/8th

CalSgt

Hooked
Yea for sure, I was actually toe out, definitely a typo, rotated and going you keep a closer eye on it. I’m currently toe in just under 1/8th
Now that checks out…. I feel confident you found the smoking gun. Toe out is possibly the cause for your wobble too

Top Bottom