Irish Build Thread

Brute

Hooked
It seems so hit or miss. Brute has three V8’s and clearly doesn’t have the constant problems that you are having.

Eddie has had a few issues here and there, but how many miles did he have on Moby’s V8, 100k?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Well, the 2 AEV swaps were fairly painless...they’ve been doing them for some time and have worked out the bugs...the Hellcat, on the other hand, did have its share of quirks to work through, since it was one of the early swaps...mostly getting the pcm to mesh Hellcat tech with JK tech...I went through 3 different pcms...then a fuel pump fuse issue two years ago that took a couple of go rounds to resolve...it has been fairly bug free in the last year.

To Irishjk’s point...it is a leap of faith, an enormous financial commitment, and an exercise in patience...it’s not for everyone.

You need the luck of the Irish...

Last edited:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Take it for what it’s worth but I’ve run those coolers in that same spot and they didn’t work well, at all. Ended up going with a much larger cooler above the winch and temps dropped significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah this isn’t as much about cooling as it is just extra capacity and time out of the block.

Trans cooler in the rear with spal fans should hopefully be the real gain.

A.J.

Yeah this isn’t as much about cooling as it is just extra capacity and time out of the block.

I would really like to see a little more detail about that. Thinking that might be a good idea for my engine swap as well. How much air space will you have under the body? Fan on bottom or top etc.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked

What about an oil cooler in the rear with fans as well?...that’s what will really cool the engine, especially crawling at 2 mph on a 95 degree day...that will add a bunch of fluid , and with a dedicated fan should really keep the temps down

Top Bottom