Itll Go 2015 Anvil unlimited Rubi Build

ITLL GO

Ok, so I am officially starting a new thread for my new 2015 unlimited Rubicon build. Currently I am all over the place what direction to go with this, so for now, I'll be doing modest upgrades.

Here is a photo when I picked it up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438965448.097553.jpg

ITLL GO

First on the list was to add leather (have a huge white dog) and also add tint to match the rear. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438965581.322027.jpg

I went with 20% and decided not to go with 3M this time. The color seemed to match with the other brand. I like it a lot and is a big improvement on privacy. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438965697.885048.jpg
Here's a pic of the standard rubi seats before the leather. Dog hair gets everywhere!

ITLL GO

What about a nice set of seat covers?

Btw nice Jeep! Have fun

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438967173.055361.jpg
Here's the new leather! Turned out really good. I do like the factory cloth seats a lot so I had them keep the covers in tacked just in case. But the simple clean up of dog hair is a must for me! And thanks, so far I love it

ITLL GO

Can't decide on what under seat lock box to go with. I ended up with both Besttop and Tuffy. The Tuffy is about twice the price but is a bit lighter which I like. Anyone have experience with either? I plan on returning the one I don't use. Thanks!

Jackal01

I have the Bestop one. My only complaint is with the lock. On a regular basis the key does not fully seat in the lock. I just have to keep fiddling with it until the key goes all the way in and then the tumbler will turn. I wish I knew how to fix it. I haven't researched though. No experience with Tuffy.

Edit. They keys on the bestop are different I think. Mine are stainless steel and have "squared" edges unlike a "normal" key that is thinner.

ITLL GO

I have the Bestop one. My only complaint is with the lock. On a regular basis the key does not fully seat in the lock. I just have to keep fiddling with it until the key goes all the way in and then the tumbler will turn. I wish I knew how to fix it. I haven't researched though. No experience with Tuffy.

Edit. They keys on the bestop are different I think. Mine are stainless steel and have "squared" edges unlike a "normal" key that is thinner.

Ya I've noticed that too. The Tuffy seems to have a much nicer lock and key. Also slides open much smoother.

ITLL GO

1/4 pounder went in pretty easily. Hardest part was for sure cutting the lower support bar protecting the factory sway bar.
NOTE: 2015 have lots of extra support and require cutting of all 3 sides.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438984745.174342.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438984771.862005.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438984826.786096.jpg
Also installing the Evo plush leveling kit was a breeze and looks great. I am really happy with the look and the ride so far.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438984893.855078.jpg

ITLL GO

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439010007.848028.jpg
So here is a shot of before and after the Evo leaving kit with Evo 1/4 bumper and stinger (no wench) as you can see it's much improved. Worth every penny! The ride is soo good in the front, I wish they included new springs for the back too! Haha.

Phase two:
Cut fenders
35" tires
New wheels or Spacers
Front shackles
Extended tire carrier

I'm holding off on the wench and headlights because i believe I might be able to get a good deal for Black Friday. However, the huge hole in my bumper may just drive me crazy! Lol

ITLL GO

Congrats on the new jeep! Looks good, so does the dog!:thumb:

Thank you! Wanted new tires today but NorthRidge is closed on weekends... Guess they care about the "way of life" of their employees. See what I did there....

That brings me to cutting fenders. There's a ton of write ups, can anyone send a link to their fav or most complete? Thanks!!

Top Bottom