It's time to get started!

Benito

Caught the Bug
Had to stop an hour ago, finished installing the drag link flip kit and front trackbar bracket, got the front springs in and the LCAs in as well. The first LCA was a bitch to get in, but once we figured out how to do it the second one didn't fuss too much.

Issues I ran into on the rear:

The bolt that goes into the rear trackbar bracket and through the old trackbar mount bolt became cross threaded and I thought it was just a tough grade 8 lock nut. We had to cut that off and run to the hardware store to pick up a new bolt and nut.

One of the screws that mounts the top side of the shock was being difficult so I slit a couple of threads on the end to expose the threads and re tap the hole. Worked out.

Hopefully I can get everything buttoned up tomorrow.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Ran into a hiccup while installing the stinger. I had the bumper and stinger mounted with the eight hex bolts snug. Then I drilled the top rear outside bolt holes for the stinger. Then I installed those bolts to clamp down the stinger to the top of the bumper. I then proceeded to drill the remaining 4 bolt holes. The two in the passenger side went with ease, or so I thought. Then I proceeded to drill the inner rear pilot hole on the drivers side, the drill bit broke, tried to reverse it through the bottom with pliers and broke the bottom as well. Tried drilling it with a slightly bigger bit but the drill bit in the bumper is too hard. I'll get a punch tomorrow to try to punch it out.

(Need advice here.) So then I decided to move to the front outside hole. Drilled the pilot hole just fine, then I moved up to the 3/8" bit and when I went through the top I hit another piece of metal! So then I went to check the front hole on the passenger side and I barely missed it. The problem I have now is that the nut won't go over the bolt because that bottom piece of metal is in the way. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Pictures:

The top right hole has the broken bit in it, the bottom left hole has the second piece of metal beneath it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448335572.772746.jpg

This is a closeup of the hole with the piece of metal beneath it

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448335700.038285.jpg

You can barely see it though. Any suggestions?

Benito

Caught the Bug
Got the 1/4 pounder situated, zeon 10s is in the mail. Did a little wheeling today, tore my rear driveshaft boot, I think I'll replace it when I really need it

Benito

Caught the Bug
Time for an update. Since post #47 I re-sprayed the cut fenders with bed liner, I broke some of the clips and bought some off of amazon. The front passenger side fender only had Amazon fender clips and flew away on the highway, thankfully it didn't hit anybody, I turned around to pick it up but it had already been mangled. I purchased Crawler Conceptz steel fenders front and rear and got them painted to match the body, I also installed the inner fenders. My next upgrade after that was the Magnaflow axle drop exhaust. Fast forward to post #48. Next up I bought the Evo 1/4 pounder. Forward to post #55 and prior to the wheeling I had ordered the winch, and as the post said I tore The rear drive shaft boot. There was a squeal after the wheeling from the rear driver side wheel and I was thinking it may have been something between the router and the dust guard so I disassembled that, turned out I had bent the flange of the axle shaft. So I ordered ten factory chromoly axle shafts for the front and rear axle, so far I have only replaced the one that was bent. I have contacted trail jeeps and got a quote for a PR44, pro steer ball joints and Revolution gears and overhaul kits, I will probably order it next month on the 4th. Right now I am back home for the holidays and went to a local spot where I could get twisted up, so I took some pictures.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450923424.787320.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450923437.923854.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450923448.127773.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450923459.101194.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450923470.842432.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450923484.747568.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450923497.587004.jpg

Top Bottom