It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

mrmet1983

That's what I'm hoping and what I'll be planning on doing next week. Fortunately, we hadn't left for the race yet.

That is crazy !! But hey we are all human , hope the flush does the trick.

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

SaddleTramp

That sucks, would love to learn and see step by step how best to flush these PSC systems, have looked online at a few different methods.

I'd like to flush mine with new fluid with our heat out here.

rinkishjk

That sucks, would love to learn and see step by step how best to flush these PSC systems, have looked online at a few different methods.

I'd like to flush mine with new fluid with our heat out here.

I flushed mine by jacking up the axle, taking the lines off the ram, cycle the steering and have a drain pan underneath. Do that till fluid stops coming out, then put the lines back on, fill and cycle and bleed till its good. The filter inside is a Napa 1418.

bsutliff

Exhaust for my 6.0 with Motech

Great thread, Eddie. I am completing my 6.0 with Motech and was wondering what you did with the exhaust? Don't know if I should just hire someone to start bending??

Thanks again for all the work on JKX 2013, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to go again. Will probably apply next year again.

Brian (Ohio)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great thread, Eddie. I am completing my 6.0 with Motech and was wondering what you did with the exhaust? Don't know if I should just hire someone to start bending??

Thanks again for all the work on JKX 2013, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to go again. Will probably apply next year again.

Brian (Ohio)

Hey Brian, I am sorry for not seeing this sooner. Regarding the exhaust, I was trying to keep Moby CA legal and went through the trouble of getting a cat for it and having it all welded in. Needless to say, it's all custom.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should also note as an update, the motor still runs great but the AC went out again during the JKX. Not sure what the deal is but Motech is gonna give it another look the next time we're in Vegas. Aside from that, the extra power has been awesome!

Jeep Terry

MoTech Install?

Do you have any idea what MoTech charges for there install? I just got a deal on a LS3 and 6L80E that I am planing to put in my 07 unlimited.:clap2:

big dr

Just skimmed through this thread. Super nice!! Not sure if i missed a tire review,, but what are your impressions of the 40" Nitto? This might be my next tire!!:beer:

Last edited:
Just skimmed through this thread. Super nice!! Noy sure if i missed a tire review,, but what are your impressions of the 40" Nitto? This might be my next tire!!:beer:

Moby has been running 40's for the past 4 or 5 years and was built to run them. Moby has been had 40's in Toyo MT's, Nitto Mud Grapplers and now Nitto K-Spec Trail Grapplers.

If you have not already done so please stop by the Give us a Wave thread and introduce yourself. http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

R/
Will

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, while we were at SEMA, Moby was paying a visit at Motech to have a bad AC connector fixed AND, to have a little more life breathed into his motor. Well, we just got back home and can tell you that the AC works great again AND, even more importantly, he definitely has a bit more pep. While passing cars and trucks on highway 90 had already been a lot easier than it ever was with our old 3.8L motor, I can tell you that it's even easier and all with just a simple tune adjustment. Our plan is to go back to have a few more changes made and, with any luck, hope to eek out another 20-40 HP.

BIG kudos go to Motech for all their help!! If any of you are thinking about doing an LS swap, they are definitely who I would recommend going to :thumb:

jedg

I saw Moby there when I was picking up my jeep. MoTech installed a 6.0 in mine and it certainly made the 1800 mile trip home a lot easier!!

Top Bottom