It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The bolded part silly!!
(The cost of your setup to get the whole engine/trans/ecu/etc)
That is not bad honestly.
:beer:

:cheesy: Sorry, missed the "bolded" part :crazyeyes: :D

Yeah, if you just do a little looking around, you can find what you need to get going for pretty cheap and that was for a CA motor. If you look outside of CA, you can find LS motors for a lot less.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
:beer: Something to think about if I ever put miles on my 3.6
Almost 2 years old and not even 10K on it.
And that's driving to KOH, Moab (x3) and all over CO for events.
Ha!

:cheesy: Sorry, missed the "bolded" part :crazyeyes: :D

Yeah, if you just do a little looking around, you can find what you need to get going for pretty cheap and that was for a CA motor. If you look outside of CA, you can find LS motors for a lot less.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:beer: Something to think about if I ever put miles on my 3.6
Almost 2 years old and not even 10K on it.
And that's driving to KOH, Moab (x3) and all over CO for events.
Ha!

:eek: Are you kidding me? 10k, that's it?? LOL!! I've put 10k on my 2012 in just 2 months :crazyeyes:

Yea, that whole work from home thing, and then jump on a plane and use work Jeeps... plus you go on some pretty epic trips.
:beer:

PS, if anyone is confused, I am also Rancho. :)

:eek: Are you kidding me? 10k, that's it?? LOL!! I've put 10k on my 2012 in just 2 months :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

dirtlimo

LS swaps are less money, way more aftermarket support, and they dont have the over heating issues that the Hemi's do. If/when I do a swap, I'll be going with an LS as well. The novelty of the big Hemi wears off quick when you read about the heating issues and what not.

I guess I'm an odd one, I still have all of my novelty! And all of my what nots are just fine!:thumb:

jmatta33

I guess I'm an odd one, I still have all of my novelty! And all of my what nots are just fine!:thumb:

youre right, I guess I should have specified that the issues come into play when you run your rig as hard as Eddie does and on the trails he runs them on. Numerous people on here and other forums have discussed their over heating issues and fitament issues in regards to their Hemi swaps. So not all Hemi swaps owners have issues. Didnt mean to make a blanket statement, but the rest is still spot on. LS motors have a HUGE aftermarket following. parts are cheaper, easier to find, and modification options are endless. My buddy has a twin turbo LS in his 350z and he chose an LS motor because of those very reasons.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LS motors have a HUGE aftermarket following. parts are cheaper, easier to find, and modification options are endless. My buddy has a twin turbo LS in his 350z and he chose an LS motor because of those very reasons.

Motor Trend (Ignition series) just did this with a 250sx. they swapped in an LS out of a camaro ss because of the aftermarket support for it. they mentioned there was a lot more options that are popular with 250's but because of the support of the LS its why they went with it.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I sometimes wonder if I should have kept my 09 instead of getting a 13 and spent the money on mods and an LS swap. I do like the 3.6, but it is no v8.

Bacon

Motor Trend (Ignition series) just did this with a 250sx. they swapped in an LS out of a camaro ss because of the aftermarket support for it. they mentioned there was a lot more options that are popular with 250's but because of the support of the LS its why they went with it.

I was actually a crate E-rod motor as opposed to out of a used Camaro. But it is essentially the same as a Camaro SS motor.

bsutliff

MoTech 6.0 LS install in 2007

Eddie,

Really enjoyed reading all your posts. I REALLY helped us complete our swap. I used a very talented local mechanic, but we had about 30 consults with Eddie. He is very smart and never let us down. We had basically the same install issues, waiting on parts, etc. A/C issue. All got fixed well with Eddie. Our TAC /Sensor issue happened 3-4 times too. One small adjustment seems to fixed it, but I have two extra with me.....

I went with the 6.0/6L80 combo to leave a little more room and hopefully stop any overheating issues. So far so good. Temp gauge stays down the middle with A/C on high, 4 kids inside in the summer. I only pushed offroad hard once and holy crap did it do well. So much power.

I am doing the middle America JKX in 2015, so I hope to see you and Cindy again there. Take care and again, thank you!

Brian (JKX 13 Ohio)

bsutliff

Skid plates with Moby and LS?

Did Motech give any advice on what skid plates work with this engine/trans?

Thanks. I need some new ones.

Brian

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did Motech give any advice on what skid plates work with this engine/trans?

Thanks. I need some new ones.

Brian

Sorry for not responding to this sooner. Motech didn't give any advise on this and currently, we aren't running any skids and haven't all year long. More than likely, you'll need to get a custom skid made up.

jedg

I'm running a MoTech 6.0 with a 6L80E and was able to install my Rockhard Oil Pan/Transmission/Catalytic Converter Skid Plate. I did have to make custom bars that go up to the engine mounts on the front, the skid has plenty of clearance. The one item I need to overcome is that the oil pan access plate on my skid doesn't line up very good with the chevy oil pan drain plug.

Top Bottom