Jackal01's JKU build

Jackal01

Took advantage of NR4x4 Evo sale and bought Evo skins and sliders. Gotta love NR4x4...they told me 4-6 weeks to have the low angle sliders built at ORE. 3 days later I get a shipped notification for 2 items from Fullerton, CA. Those can only be one thing! :rock:

Sticking with my R2D2 color-theme with my blue accents I ordered a .020mm sheet of blue anodized aluminum and attached it to the back of the ORE logo with RTV. The skins came first and I painted them and got them ready to install this weekend. Hopefully I will get to paint the sliders with bedliner this weekend also. I am about half way through phase 3...pretty exciting! Plan is to have it all done by the end of next summer.

2015-06-03 18.32.27.jpg 2015-06-03 18.33.59.jpg

Jackal01

I wonder if i can make it there before you lol. Cant wait to see it all bolted/welded up.

Skins go on Saturday AM. A couple others are coming over if you want. Sliders probably not until later since my father in law said we can do it but hes helping the misses build a greenhouse in the backyard.

Nice. What are you painting them?

They'll just be a satin black. I have to get the Jeep in to have trail damage repaired on the quarter panel and door and I mentioned that it was so I could get the skins on. I know the owner of the shop, so he offered to just fix the damage and install the skins, sliders, and gussets for me all at once. So I guess I got off easy :D

Jackal01

Can't wait to see the sliders on!

Those are going to look awesome installed!

Thanks! Looking forward to it for sure.

They'll just be a satin black. I have to get the Jeep in to have trail damage repaired on the quarter panel and door and I mentioned that it was so I could get the skins on. I know the owner of the shop, so he offered to just fix the damage and install the skins, sliders, and gussets for me all at once. So I guess I got off easy :D

Ah nice. I did the skins in satin black same with bumpers.

Anyone know if there is any prep to Rustoluem bed lining besides cleaning with acetone/mineral spirits? The can says for use on bare metal/ truck beds.

Anyone know if there is any prep to Rustoluem bed lining besides cleaning with acetone/mineral spirits? The can says for use on bare metal/ truck beds.

I haven't used it personally, but I believe I've seen others say they went ahead and used self etching primer first. Someone with experience can chime in though.

Do most people go with a textured coating on the sliders? Is that easy to touch up?

Jackal01

And the race is on! May the odds be ever in your favor.

....I win!
I haven't used it personally, but I believe I've seen others say they went ahead and used self etching primer first. Someone with experience can chime in though.

Do most people go with a textured coating on the sliders? Is that easy to touch up?

I have see that also. I mean I know what the can says but if there is someone that has experience, like you said, and knows of anything to make it better I'd love to know.

I really like the blue behind the EVO logo, that's going to look sick!

Thanks. I got the idea from the couple rigs on here with colored logos...JAGS comes to mind.

And Zero doing dog stuff. I guess he approves?!

1433458254100.jpg

Jackal01

This may be a silly question since I have yet to find the answer anywhere so it may also be common knowledge among everyone but what size drill bit for the nutsert holes?

big dr

Poisen spyder's nutserts require a 3/8 drill bit. not sure if its the same for your product though.

Jackal01

Poisen spyder's nutserts require a 3/8 drill bit. not sure if its the same for your product though.

Thanks. I'll compare the size to whatever drill bit looks correct also but being that these holes are a one-shot thing I just wanted to confirm. I don't have a unibit otherwise I would try that.

big dr

I just looked at JK/BC/YOLO install thread,,, his holes look slightly smaller ,, so dont depend on the quick answer I posted. You might want to ask JK/BC/YOLO,, his name is Bobby.

Top Bottom