Jackal01's JKU build

Jackal01

I just looked at JK/BC/YOLO install thread,,, his holes look slightly smaller ,, so dont depend on the quick answer I posted. You might want to ask JK/BC/YOLO,, his name is Bobby.

Will do. I appreciate the help. :beer:

Jackal01

I got all the other nutserts in but these bottom two have given me hell. Both of them I drilled through the multiple layers of sheet metal so that they could go in fully. Secured them down with the Astro tool like all the others but the nutsert became lose once the bolt went in. Left one I couldn't do anything with so I siliconed it in place. The right one I can't take out or put in...not sure what to do. The top left one became a little crooked but it is secure enough for me. Moving on to driver side.

1433618311723.jpg

Last edited:

Jackal01

If all else fails...I'll cut the bolt out and silicone the head on so it looks like it's doing something besides looks. Lol

Jackal01

Finished them yesterday evening. I also added the anodized aluminum to the front bumper. Olram is right....nutserts suck.

1433687685219.jpg 1433687672577.jpg 1433687659376.jpg 1433687609938.jpg

Hopefully the sliders will go on soon...just waiting for father in law to get a couple things for his welder.

Jackal01

Looks good! Yeah those things suck, no room for errors.

Doh!!

Forgot to mention tdougherty helped yesterday before worked called him in. Two pairs of hands really does help. I was using ratchet straps and it was annoying.

Glad you came out, Tom. Thanks.

tdougherty81

Doh!!

Forgot to mention tdougherty helped yesterday before worked called him in. Two pairs of hands really does help. I was using ratchet straps and it was annoying.

Glad you came out, Tom. Thanks.

No problem, wish I could have stayed to help, $$$. Might have enough for my winch now.

tdougherty81

Not sure haven't researched yet. Don't want to go cheap but won't be able to do top of the line. Synthetic for sure, hated dealing with cable on my truck.

Jackal01

So last week my wife saw a post on her facebook about a guy selling a Pioneer nav/dvd unit. It came with his truck but wanted something more simple. I bought it for $50 and was skeptical about it working even though he said it worked when removed. Yea right...we'll see. I took it to cartoys days later and they plugged it in and said it powered up. Great! I then got an install quote and they wanted $450 just to install the receiver...not the GPS antenna or wire in the reverse camera (both I bought off Amazon since they were not with the unit but both cost $25 with Prime. Can't beat that!. I only wanted the camera wire dropped from the unit to the floor board since I can run the wire to the rear and tap into the reverse light for power. CT wanted $120 to do the GPS antenna lone and agreed to drop the camera wire for free. So $570 to install this thing? No thanks. I then went to another audio/tint shop that did my tint on past vehicles before. They wanted $400 (paid with cash) and even tossed in the bluetooth mic that I forgot to buy. Took them 3 hours and $475 later I have a Pioneer nav/dvd unit. It is discontinued by Pioneer but it is only 4 years old which is the age of my JK so it doesn't bother me one bit that it is "old". I have the camera double-sided taped to the top of PSC BFH bumper until I decide on a permanent location. I didn't take a pic of it, though. The shop also bypassed the DVD sensor so it can work while in drive even though I have no interest in it. He said they just do it for most customers. I don't care either way.

The bluetooth doesn't work as well as I would like it to. It connects fine but in order to do more than volume change on the steering wheel or receiver I have to go into my BT settings on the phone and enable "audio" controls every time even though when it initially connects it is selected. So I have disable then enable a couple times before it is truly connected. I am not sure why it does that. On our Mustang everything connects immediately with power/ignition. No fuss. other than it this thing is nice. With the aftermarket speakers I did months back it sounds great. A tad more bass and highs are clearer. What was new to me was the location of the GPS antenna. Since most vehicles these days seem to have the antenna on the outside I spent 15 minutes looking for it before I went back in the store. They told me with tech these days GPS antennas can be mounted without being visible to the sky thus mine is mounted under the cubby on the dash. Van works great, though. It has been accurate from the beginning.

I only have the one picture...not much to my story other than the money I saved. :rock:

2015-08-16 16.22.49.jpg

Jackal01

Knocked a few items off my phase 3. Waiting on the 2 foot Firestik II.

I also have noticed almost from the beginning that the paint on both bumpers chips easily. I am not sure what I did wrong with paint/prep. Regardless, I found a painting-prep company that does "dustless blasting". $80 for the front and $50 for the rear and the end result is said to be around 400 grit sand paper. I would then bed-liner the bumpers since my sliders have held up very well (haven't seen rocks yet but touch ups from that doesn't bother me).

Attachments

• 2015-09-19 12.45.53.jpg
    2015-09-19 12.45.53.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 2015-09-19 12.46.07.jpg
    2015-09-19 12.46.07.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 2015-09-20 00.32.10.jpg
    2015-09-20 00.32.10.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 2015-09-16 21.29.05.jpg
    2015-09-16 21.29.05.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Jackal01

Quick update

Items that are inbound/ to be installed in the very near future:

Enforcer 4", DLF, King 2.0 (bought a couple weeks ago)
ATX Chamber Pro 2 (10-12 days out)
Zeon 10S (arriving next week)
Factor 55 Thimble (here in the next day or two)
EVO fairlead light mount (KC HIDs to be moved from pillars to here)

Quarter Pounder and stinger installed a couple weeks ago.

I sold the Q9000s winch, PSC Brawler Lite front bumper, JW Speaker fogs and the Tuffy Security Enclosure.

Post Enforcer I will have for sale: Spider Trax spacers, a TF budget boost with Procomp shocks (although I admit they are junk) and Currie front LCAs. A couple people have shown interest in some of these.

Quick update

I sold the Q9000s winch, PSC Brawler Lite front bumper, JW Speaker fogs and the Tuffy Security Enclosure.

Post Enforcer I will have for sale: Spider Trax spacers, a TF budget boost with Procomp shocks (although I admit they are junk) and Currie front LCAs. A couple people have shown interest in some of these.

Great list. You're setting yourself up right! What size are the spidertrax spacers? I'm having some rubbing with my 37's on frame and sway bar. I was just looking at spidertrax spacers the other day.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Quick update

Dibs on a passenger seat ride to check out the kings at HFs

Top Bottom