JACKED UP our JL TAILGATE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I bet if you had the off road pages app installed it would have warned you about the tailgate inner guard failure. I’m also surprised no light on the dash and you had to find the carnage on your own. Jeep really dropped the ball.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:cheesy: I know, right! Thanks for nothing Jeep! :crazyeyes: :D

This is absolutely despicable.
I can’t believe you think a tool bag did that. It was the twisting and flexing from the 37. While you were at the mall. :thinking::naw:

:doh: Of course, you're right. What was I thinking :D

I bet if you had used your used engine oil to properly grease the tailgate, the tool bag would have simply slid off and not damaged it [emoji15]

:cheesy: Okay, now that's funny!

All driver...learn to take better lines. ;)

Damn, and here I was thinking that I was getting away with a pretty good story line :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Would have been covered under warranty, but for the lift and tires. :grayno:

RockingK

Shit happens, to bad it’s bullshit plastic🙄. You wanted a tail gate table anyway, not that you had to sell the story to Cindy😳

jeeeep

Hooked
hmmm...I suspect it wasn't the tool bag at all. the 37 you have mounted blocks the light required to keep that plastic pliable to absorb impacts.

but, since you insisted on having 37's it allowed the plastic to harden and become brittle.

The entire JL is now ruined with that huge blemish- since I'm not so picky, I'd be willing to come pick it up and remove it at no charge.

It's the least I can do so you can sleep well at night knowing that ruined, basically worthless now Jeep is gone. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Close call, I’m glad you made it off the trail safely. A trail table would be great! I see what you did there. [emoji6]

:cheesy:

Would have been covered under warranty, but for the lift and tires. :grayno:

Seriously, right! :crazyeyes:

Shit happens, to bad it’s bullshit plastic🙄. You wanted a tail gate table anyway, not that you had to sell the story to Cindy😳

LOL!! I can't say that I'm thrilled about the tailgate trim being brittle plastic and no, I didn't need the story to sell Cindy on the idea of a trail table. :crazyeyes:

hmmm...I suspect it wasn't the tool bag at all. the 37 you have mounted blocks the light required to keep that plastic pliable to absorb impacts.

but, since you insisted on having 37's it allowed the plastic to harden and become brittle.

The entire JL is now ruined with that huge blemish- since I'm not so picky, I'd be willing to come pick it up and remove it at no charge.

It's the least I can do so you can sleep well at night knowing that ruined, basically worthless now Jeep is gone. :crazyeyes:

LOL!! What a great guy you are, thanks! :D

papasurf

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I totally thought that I was going to see a pretzel shaped hinge in the photos... I now have internet trust issues.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I totally thought that I was going to see a pretzel shaped hinge in the photos... I now have internet trust issues.

:cheesy: Well, based on what everyone keeps on telling me, that may still happen.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Tailgate Jacked up No More
It'd been so long since I ordered a new interior trim panel for our JL's tailgate that I almost forgot all about it. But, it finally did come in and here are a few shots of what it looked like before, during and after the new trim was installed.

Shot of JET Li sitting next to Pappy and getting ready to get fixed up.
20180421235648-65e49e21-me.jpg

New trim acquired and ready to be installed.
20180421235651-b4df4a71-me.jpg

Removing the existing trim.
20180421235703-91b3e42e-me.jpg

A couple of shots of what the inside of a JL tailgate looks like without the plastic trim installed.
20180421235709-da40f3f2-me.jpg

20180421235718-afe1587c-me.jpg

New trim panel installed. Notice the mounting points for a Trail Rail or even trail table.
20180421235731-26f4e630-me.jpg

And just like that, our tailgate is whole again. :cool:
20180421235739-45d4b02f-me.jpg

20180421235736-56f412bc-me.jpg

Oh and for those of you who are wanting to know what the part is if this ever happens to you, this is what you'll need.

Panel-Swing Gate Trim : 6BM40TX7AB

Should cost about $60 :cool:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What is the big black rocker on the driver's side below the gate catch/latch? Is that like a kiddie lock or something?

Sharkey

Word Ninja

New trim panel installed. Notice the mounting points for a Trail Rail or even trail table.
20180421235731-26f4e630-me.jpg

Perfect place to mount some quickfists to hold a tow strap or any number of other things. I love that they included these mounting points.

Top Bottom