Jeep experience Mother's Day weekend

Exodus 4x4

Ran into a little issue on the way home. I noticed an unusual “grind” when we went to leave and I put it in revere. I didn’t think much of it at the time, and chalked it up to the t-case linkage might have been a little off. Well it was more than that. We managed to get about 40 minutes down the road and high range let go. Luckily I was in a town when it happened, so I was able to shift to low range and ease into a nice parking lot to set up shop. For those that don’t know, when you have an LS swap and you aren’t running an Atlas, you still have to have a modified 241J transfer case so that the input shaft will match up to the GM transmission. Fortunately for me I happened to have one at the shop ready to go, so a quick call to my wife and one of my techs, I had a replacement on the way with ALMOST all the tools needed.

With another transfer case on the way, we went ahead and removed the exhaust, driveshafts, and transfer case while we waited. Things were looking pretty good until I realized I was missing one tool (10mm allen) and had forgotten to tell my tech to throw it in the tool bag for my wife. She had already shown up and left again on a parts run to Autozone for some rtv, when some familiar faces showed up. Sure enough Eddie and Cindy were kind enough to loan me theirs so I could fill the replacement up with fluid before installing it. Not only were they kind enough to leave one of their tools, but Mel and Lisa Wade were there as well and made a pretty generous offer. Mel offered to load the Jeep on his trailer and haul it to Exodus Jeeps for us. Things were pretty much under control at this point and there was no way I was going to let him go so far out of his way to help me, but it was extremely nice of him and we greatly appreciated it. IMG_2821.jpg
IMG_2820.jpg IMG_2823.jpg
Again, thank you Eddie and Cindy for not only stopping in to check on us but for lending your tools as well. It definitely made a stressful situation a little bit easier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Ran into a little issue on the way home. I noticed an unusual “grind” when we went to leave and I put it in revere. I didn’t think much of it at the time, and chalked it up to the t-case linkage might have been a little off. Well it was more than that. We managed to get about 40 minutes down the road and high range let go. Luckily I was in a town when it happened, so I was able to shift to low range and ease into a nice parking lot to set up shop. For those that don’t know, when you have an LS swap and you aren’t running an Atlas, you still have to have a modified 241J transfer case so that the input shaft will match up to the GM transmission. Fortunately for me I happened to have one at the shop ready to go, so a quick call to my wife and one of my techs, I had a replacement on the way with ALMOST all the tools needed.

With another transfer case on the way, we went ahead and removed the exhaust, driveshafts, and transfer case while we waited. Things were looking pretty good until I realized I was missing one tool (10mm allen) and had forgotten to tell my tech to throw it in the tool bag for my wife. She had already shown up and left again on a parts run to Autozone for some rtv, when some familiar faces showed up. Sure enough Eddie and Cindy were kind enough to loan me theirs so I could fill the replacement up with fluid before installing it. Not only were they kind enough to leave one of their tools, but Mel and Lisa Wade were there as well and made a pretty generous offer. Mel offered to load the Jeep on his trailer and haul it to Exodus Jeeps for us. Things were pretty much under control at this point and there was no way I was going to let him go so far out of his way to help me, but it was extremely nice of him and we greatly appreciated it. View attachment 326883
View attachment 326884 View attachment 326885
Again, thank you Eddie and Cindy for not only stopping in to check on us but for lending your tools as well. It definitely made a stressful situation a little bit easier.

Definitely “More Than A Jeep...It’s a Wayalife!” Nice!

WJCO

Meme King
That's awesome. Glad they were able to lend a hand and glad you got going again so quickly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 326834

So much can be said about this little guy right now. Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for being in the right place at the right time, and everything else you guys did this weekend!

LOL - Hey Bubba, it was great to meet you in person and a hell of a good time hangin with you at K2. As far as that little guy goes, we're just glad that we were in the right place and at the right time. Hope the repair went well and I really do hope we can hook up again and sooner than later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To all our friends out in Texas, thank you for your hospitality and for showing us a GREAT time out on the rocks. K2 really is a badass place to play we really had a great time. So looking forward to getting back out there again if only to see all of you and party with you.

:thumb:

jdofmemi

With another transfer case on the way, we went ahead and removed the exhaust, driveshafts, and transfer case while we waited. Things were looking pretty good until I realized I was missing one tool (10mm allen) and had forgotten to tell my tech to throw it in the tool bag for my wife. She had already shown up and left again on a parts run to Autozone for some rtv, when some familiar faces showed up. Sure enough Eddie and Cindy were kind enough to loan me theirs so I could fill the replacement up with fluid before installing it. Not only were they kind enough to leave one of their tools, but Mel and Lisa Wade were there as well and made a pretty generous offer. Mel offered to load the Jeep on his trailer and haul it to Exodus Jeeps for us. Things were pretty much under control at this point and there was no way I was going to let him go so far out of his way to help me, but it was extremely nice of him and we greatly appreciated it. View attachment 326885

Wow, what in the world is that draining out of the t-case?
It doesn't look like anything that should be in there.

Does that mean an Atlas is in your near future?

Glad you had good friends nearby to help.

Exodus 4x4

Wow, what in the world is that draining out of the t-case?
It doesn't look like anything that should be in there.

Does that mean an Atlas is in your near future?

Glad you had good friends nearby to help.

Glitter bomb! An Atlas is probably needed but with the JT on it’s way and consuming most of the budget, it’s just not going to happen.

Sithwindu

This past weekend was a blast! Hope you all enjoyed Texas and the event! Katemcy is always a fun time! And also claims ALOT of damage and repairs, was good to see not that many incidents !

longarmwj

Can’t wait to see the video!!! Looks like an awesome time.

Eddie, was that your first time wheeling Texas? You should venture out east sometime, there are some good hidden gems out here

Top Bottom