Jeep JL Wrangler to be available with a 300 HP Hurricane Turbo Four

Recurve

While I do agree with 99.9% of this post, I would like to point out that rally does not necessarily equal off road. By that I mean its still a "road" just a dirt one that is still relatively well packed down.

I've kept up with WRC a lot, an yes your right it is just dirt roads, an on rainy seasons it's mud. On a side note , I've watched one car be engulfed by dirt for miles because they are tailing another car. Those cars just run.

WJCO

Meme King
I think of Rally style being much faster and performance oriented, whereas Jeeping is about getting out and exploring at a much slower pace. Both are off-road, but two different categories. That's how I see it.

No Overlanding posts, please, lol.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Wait... You just said the Wrx is not designed for off-road? You relize the Wrx is the civilian version of the legendary WRC Wrx rally car right? They have the same motors , just one is built out the ass. Those cars spend 98% of their life plowing through dirt clouds. Their turbos do just fine. Now when you say off-roading do you mean rock crawling ? Then I see your point.
Just Wrx was made for dirt.

Right, take the Subura WRC and compare it to a street vehicle. Yes, that makes complete sense.

In reality, the street car you get and the race version are COMPLETELY different. I am sure you and I can agree on that. But what we do with our Jeeps is pretty rough and we would definitely see some issues with LONG TERM usage. The WRC cars have their turbos available with a vending machine. Two completely different animals.

Recurve

Right, take the Subura WRC and compare it to a street vehicle. Yes, that makes complete sense.

In reality, the street car you get and the race version are COMPLETELY different. I am sure you and I can agree on that. But what we do with our Jeeps is pretty rough and we would definitely see some issues with LONG TERM usage. The WRC cars have their turbos available with a vending machine. Two completely different animals.

I compared them because they still have to stay in the factory class of that motor. Just built out the ass lol.

Also what we do with our jeeps is very rough and 3.6 does have long term issues as well.
So something is not working here ? Lol , that's why we are debating if a turbo 4 banger could hold up.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I've driven the AMG CLA45 both on road and on a race track and that thing is a beast! If this new jeep engine is anything like it I think it will be good fun.

The better Twin scroll turbo engines have very linear power delivery and plenty of Low end torque compared to a traditional turbo setup

WJCO

Meme King
Didn't know you had a WRX, Subies rock! They are a ton of fun and pretty dang quick

I just found some pics of the old beast. I sure miss this thing, brings back memories. Just found out a friend of mine is getting one and he said he'll let me help him work on it. :D

2009 (3).JPG

007.JPG

2009.JPG

011.JPG

Top Bottom