JK dana 30 locked and geared

Pyro1415

But yeah the d30 is a turd two guys in our group have blown them up on their 2015s. Then again they wheel like jackasses.

Pyro1415

Oh and by the way. You leave in Germany and you have a 3.8 or a crd?

I'm military so it's a US spec. I love the crd's two guys in our club have them and they're better in every way. But they have to be really careful with their rubi 44s when locked.

Pyro1415

A lot of instant torque there.

Yeah I'm one of few 3.8s here most the guys have 3.6. But it's hilarious when were both revving the hell outta or engines to hill climb and a crd rubi just idles up the same hill with his 35" cooper stt(heavy tire)

K.D.C.H

Look, I'm on your side in all this an honestly I think you're making all the right decisions. 99% of the members are just ragging on you because they all know how bad ass your rigs going to be and they're just jealous. Keep doing what your doing and you'll be king of the hammers in no time.

I know you're a parts geniuses and all but I wanted to offer up a couple other parts that will really make that JK of yours even better

1. Teraflex Tire Carrier
2. Smittybuilt Winch
3. Halo rings for your headlights
4. XRC Fenders
5. Pink Zebra print steering wheel cover

Best of luck with the build and I hope not to see you out on the trail :thumb:

Pyro1415

Look, I'm on your side in all this an honestly I think you're making all the right decisions. 99% of the members are just ragging on you because they all know how bad ass your rigs going to be and they're just jealous. Keep doing what your doing and you'll be king of the hammers in no time.

I know you're a parts geniuses and all but I wanted to offer up a couple other parts that will really make that JK of yours even better

1. Teraflex Tire Carrier
2. Smittybuilt Winch
4. XRC Fenders

Wow man don't hate on shittybilt. And those red halo rings are pretty cool...
Also what's wrong with my 37" tire falling off my jeep while I'm going 75 and killing several people while a not named company tells me I didn't install it correctly after their welds broke...

1. Teraflex Tire Carrier
2. Smittybuilt Winch
4. XRC Fenders

You forgot the Gold Seal U-Joints and Spinners.

Pyro1415

Honestly, you already had your mind made up typing your first post. I think you just wanted words of encouragement.

Yeah I wanted to hear from guys who have actually done it and see what they're experience was. You can recommend a pr44 all day long but in the end I know it won't work for me. I have changed my mind to not lock the 30 so I hope it still works out.

jknikos

Stick with 5.13s and get a superchips programmer. It will help your 3.8 a little bit. But to use the full potential you will need to use premium fuel and i know it aint cheap in Germany.:drama:

My experience is a locked D30 with 4.88s and 35" ATs will not hold up. I know several guys wheeling larger tires (37s and even one running 40s) on an open D30 and they have done okay so far. The D30 currently under my wife's Jeep had 5.13 open gears in it when I got it and if you saw the pinion size you wouldn't even consider running it. This said, it held up well for the previous owner and they wheeled it on fairly rough trails (always aware of the bomb in the front and they were easy on gas.)

I have wavered and continue to do so on the D60/PR44 front. currently I am heavily leaning toward the PR44 but I plan to stay with 37s and never go fast...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I wanted to hear from guys who have actually done it and see what they're experience was. You can recommend a pr44 all day long but in the end I know it won't work for me. I have changed my mind to not lock the 30 so I hope it still works out.

I have done it and I have seen it break on other rigs. Keep the 30 open will help but anything more than 4.88 will still leave you with a pinion that is really really small. But hey, it's you're Jeep, knock yourself out :yup:

Top Bottom