JK-Experience 2012

highoctane said:
I loved the sound of my mud grapplers I had in a 35! Reminded me of flying in a C-130. Nice deep howl. Best tire I've ever had in the rocks.

It goes like this... "wow these tires are kinda loud"
"what?"
"I said, these tires are loud"
"what?"
"I said... Oh never mind ... Let me just turn up the music"
"what?"

Make sure you leave a set for me, but I wear a size 17" ;)

oh, yours are there :thumb:

Nice! I called discount tire direct to see about ordering the 40/13.50/17 mud grapplers, but was told they are out of stock on back order :( I'm ready to get rid of these Kevlars.

that's probably because GCM 2 took the last set :crazyeyes:

I finally get 37s and everybody at the party is going to be wearing 40s. :(

:cheesy:

Arrgghhh! I am very afraid now :doh:

nah, just think of yourself as a bee keeper. that's kind of what they sound like - a swarm of bees around your head :crazyeyes:

That's tire envy, that affects all male jeepers. When Lo2aY would show up in his rig at the JKX, rolling on 42"s, it looked pretty badass! I felt small around his jeep :blush:

LOL!! in all fairness, that thing was a bit too big for my taste.

I loved the sound of my mud grapplers I had in a 35! Reminded me of flying in a C-130. Nice deep howl. Best tire I've ever had in the rocks.

they are badass on the rocks for sure.

40's is about the limit that I think a Jeep looks like a streetable vehicle. 42's+ and it becomes too much!

Blasphemy! Shun the non-believer! :)

have to agree with chris here, 42 is a bit much for my taste.

Normally, yes I would agree. But Lo2aY's ride was set up very proportionally correct. 40"s are my limit though, I love 'em!

mel and i have talked about this before and even if 42's can be made to look proportional, 40's are a better off roading fit for a JK. they are my limit as well.

It goes like this... "wow these tires are kinda loud"
"what?"
"I said, these tires are loud"
"what?"
"I said... Oh never mind ... Let me just turn up the music"
"what?"

:cheesy: omg, that was too funny
"what?"

:clap2:

MTG said:
Dropped the camera on the lens. Tried to fix it. Then tried unsuccessfully to "mod" it (kidding).

That sucks. I thought maybe you took it apart to clean it and then forgot how to put it back together. ;)

Moochie said:
That sucks. I thought maybe you took it apart to clean it and then forgot how to put it back together. ;)

A fair guess, but wrong. Figured it would cost me $100 just to have them look at it and tell me it was unfixable. Thought I'd take a chance that it was something simple. No such luck. :(

But thanks to Amazon Prime my new one will be here Friday!

whoa, that totally sucks. it was good that you saved your money and just tried working on it yourself. we had tried sending in a lens in the past and, after taking our $180, were just told that it couldn't be fixed. total waste of money.

whoa, that totally sucks. it was good that you saved your money and just tried working on it yourself. we had tried sending in a lens in the past and, after taking our $180, were just told that it couldn't be fixed. total waste of money.

Been there, done that too!

Trail_Creeper said:
I think I paid about the same through a 3rd party company on amazon, based out of NYC. Did you pick up the one with Vibration Reduction?

No idea. I'm just hoping the one I ordered works with my camera. :)

Maybe you have seen this, but let's hope it does not affect our rigs since there is always a chance we could be using some of this fuel. Maybe the problematic fuel will be gone by the time we get there!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...a-20120820_1_bp-stations-fuel-tank-scott-dean

man, cindy and i were just talking about this last night. of all the things that could go wrong on the JKX, it would really suck to have something as stupid as this ruin an otherwise great week. sure hope they get this resolved before we get there.

Top Bottom