JK HID's

Voodoo Actual

I Live in New York, so I've seen plenty of snow with these headlights. No freezing issues and no snow buildup at all. I guess they warm up just enough to prevent anything from sticking. Don't know how they compare to anything else as I upgraded directly from stock to these. My friend told me that his truck lights are 90% of the performance of my JW Speakers at 75% of the cost, if that makes sense to you. I would imagine the dually's have a similar output because they're also LED.

Heres some pics of the patterns. You can see on the low beam pics that there are two stay flares of light at the top, this was designed by JW Speaker to help illuminate road signs at the side of the road. You can also see how wide they stretch.

Fogs only:
View attachment 71121

Low beams only:
View attachment 71122

High beams only:
View attachment 71123

Fogs and low beams combined:
View attachment 71124

Looks good.

I'll look into the JW's - gonna have to find a buyer for my Truck-Lites.

I'll have to do some comparing of those JW fogs and Dually's or maybe D2's.

It appears that the High's are another diode lighting up. Which is how the TL's work...a good way to do it.

Is that correct?

The JW's put down a nicer pattern than the TL's by the way.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

dglangan

Looks good.

I'll look into the JW's - gonna have to find a buyer for my Truck-Lites.

I'll have to do some comparing of those JW fogs and Dually's or maybe D2's.

It appears that the High's are another diode lighting up. Which is how the TL's work...a good way to do it.

Is that correct?

The JW's put down a nicer pattern than the TL's by the way.

Thanks for the info.

Yep, the high beams are a separate diode... There are four diodes in the housing. There are two on the side that are always lit, the top diode which is the low beam, and the bottom diode which is the high beam.

JWS-8700BLK_1.jpg

The pattern on the fogs used to actually be a little wider when they were in the stock bumper, but when I inserted them into my PS Brawler lite, which has recessed fogs, I lost some of the wideness. They're still plenty wide for me. I love the light pattern on these things. I get compliments on them all the time :rock:

biggy

Similar to mine except they are back lit.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1394033440352.jpg
    1394033440352.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 309

biggy

They would be the same housings as the ones you posted earlier .

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

Sorry to bring this back up, but for the guys running the DDM kit, did you purchase these other options with it like the harness or error eliminator?

image-3651837886.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Those projectors are cool and not to shoot them down or anything, but the JK stock housing was made for HIDs so we get a really nice light pattern with them. Apparently Chrysler was gona give us actually useful headlights then decided to cut costs and say fuck it. So they do look awesome but for anyone who wants HIDs and don't have money for the projectors, stock housings will work fine.

The Force will be with you.... always

No disrespect, but not a single sentence in this post is correct. Stock housings are NOT made for HIDs (they can barely contain the halogen light) and are utter pieces of sh!t in almost every respect. Putting in some quality scented candles would be an improvement over the JK housings. Putting HIDs in stock housings is better than OEM, but still generally blinding and inefficient. If you want to run HIDs in your Jeep, projectors are the way to go. Look at the retrofit source's brand new Sealed7 lights. LED lights like the trucklite are still the best upgrade for the money, but if you want the best light output PERIOD, nothing on the market will match a quality projector/hid setup.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
IMO, I'd skip HIDs and go right to LEDs. Direct plug and play, great beam patterns, amazing brightness, sharp cutoffs, and 10x more reliable than HIDs. I had HIDs I'm my last JK and I decided i'd never go back to them. I have the JW Speaker headlights and fogs and couldn't be happier. The one downside to them is their price :doh: If the JW Speakers aren't in your budget, then look at truck lites and I believe KC makes a direct replacement.

View attachment 71097

I've been running HID kits for the last decade on various vehicles, and have had 1 failure (1 ballast that was replaced for free) in all that time...not to mention a quality HID kit these days runs around $40. If a bulb or ballast dies, it's a $20 fix, but if an LED headlight dies, it's toast.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you can wait, these are the headlights that people are waiting for.... a true bixenon D2S projector system that isn't a "modified" unit. I already have HIDprojectors in my Jeep, but if I didn't I would definitely go with these. I've had my projectors on my first jeep, then transferred them over to the new one, and they have been nothing but flawless.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...to-sealed7-headlights-48495.html#.U0N09vSwIgI

1798981_10151921106096881_770789393_o.jpg

Last edited:

TNuggs13

If you can wait, these are the headlights that people are waiting for.... a true bixenon D2S projector system that isn't a "modified" unit. I already have HIDprojectors in my Jeep, but if I didn't I would definitely go with these. I've had my projectors on my first jeep, then transferred them over to the new one, and they have been nothing but flawless.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...to-sealed7-headlights-48495.html#.U0N09vSwIgI

View attachment 77740

Based on your knowledge NFR what do you think this kit will cost? Very interested in these. Also, when's your next road trip with the amazing pics? Not trying to high jack the thread.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Based on your knowledge NFR what do you think this kit will cost? Very interested in these. Also, when's your next road trip with the amazing pics? Not trying to high jack the thread.

Before they had the "coming soon" part on their site, they had a dropdown price thing on there...if you don't go apesh!t with the angel eyes and things like that, the 35W kit with the mopar (Jeep canbus) specific harness will run around the $480 mark. The 55W kit will run approximately $520 or so. Still far less than the JWs, slightly more than the TLs, but IMHO, the best lighting available for the JK.

TNuggs13

Before they had the "coming soon" part on their site, they had a dropdown price thing on there...if you don't go apesh!t with the angel eyes and things like that, the 35W kit with the mopar (Jeep canbus) specific harness will run around the $480 mark. The 55W kit will run approximately $520 or so. Still far less than the JWs, slightly more than the TLs, but IMHO, the best lighting available for the JK.

Cool. Thanks. I'll check it out after the pre-order period.

TNuggs13

Now that they are released what set up would you get and I mean all options? I don't know much about this stuff. What's the major difference between the 35W and the 55W? Brightness? Also, they have different shrouds and what exactly do they do? Are they just for looks? Very interested in this kit! Always liked the projector type head lights.

Top Bottom