JK HID's

Devallee

If you wouldn't mind the help from a noob who plans on getting these hopefully soon let me know. Would be nice to see how they go in and what needs to be done.

Of course! Granted I'm no professional. I'm still trying to learn as much about this setup as you probably are, but if I get them as soon as I would like id have no problem letting you check put the install and whatnot. Your profile says you're in Anaheim so you're not far at all

Devallee

NFR I was looking at their sight and was wondering what exactly I would need. Just order the housings and whatnot from the sight and the bulbs separately? And which of those harnesses and ballasts do I need? I don't mean to be the annoying lazy guy I'm just new to this projector thing and want to know exactly what I need to get this thing goin properly

TNuggs13

Of course! Granted I'm no professional. I'm still trying to learn as much about this setup as you probably are, but if I get them as soon as I would like id have no problem letting you check put the install and whatnot. Your profile says you're in Anaheim so you're not far at all

Cool! Yeah I'm not too far at all. Let me know. I might even have them about the same time and we could install both. I'd like to get them in the next few months.

TNuggs13

NFR I was looking at their sight and was wondering what exactly I would need. Just order the housings and whatnot from the sight and the bulbs separately? And which of those harnesses and ballasts do I need? I don't mean to be the annoying lazy guy I'm just new to this projector thing and want to know exactly what I need to get this thing goin properly

He posted above about the difference between the 2. It looks like you just need to make sure everything is 35w or 55w.

Devallee

Cool! Yeah I'm not too far at all. Let me know. I might even have them about the same time and we could install both. I'd like to get them in the next few months.

I'm hoping to get around to this by summer as well. I'll keep in touch!

Devallee

He posted above about the difference between the 2. It looks like you just need to make sure everything is 35w or 55w.
Sorry maybe I should've posted the link like I originally planned to haha http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...to-sealed7-headlights-48495.html#.U1LFpie9KK0 there's different selections for ballasts and harnesses and I was wondering which ones I need

Edit: reading back on the thread NFR said to get the mopar harness. But still confused about which ballast to get

Last edited:

Devallee

And what exactly is the difference in those other bulbs to go up to $180? Should I just get the 55W ds2 bulbs for $35? I know I'm annoying I'm just new to the lighting thing and trying to learn haha

TNuggs13

And what exactly is the difference in those other bulbs to go up to $180? Should I just get the 55W ds2 bulbs for $35? I know I'm annoying I'm just new to the lighting thing and trying to learn haha

I'm totally new to this stuff too. I'll probably go with the 55w and the 6k bulbs. He said it was the brightest and most white with a hint of blue. Not sure what makes the $180 bulbs so special. As far as the harness I was just going to go with the mopar one they offer.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
What are you guys running for HID's to replace the OEM fogs? Which are also terrible.

I run 35W 3000K (yellow) HIDs in my stock fog housings. Bright as two mini-suns, but I generally only use them offroad...with my headlights, I don't need them for daily driving...unless the weather is REALLY foul (blizzard or downpour at night.)

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

If you are new and don't know much about all this, I would buy everything directly from them. Their kit is complete and plug and play. I like the 55W units as they put out more light.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

The $180 dollar bulbs are OEM Philips D2S bulbs...the same bulbs as you see on all the OEM audis, BMWs, Range Rovers, etc. They are the best quality, but the consensus is, they are not 2x as good as the bulbs you get from TRS themselves (their brand.) You can run a 35W bulb with a 55W ballast (and have more light) but you decrease the life of the bulb. It will still last years though.

Devallee

Sorry, the 180 bulbs are the Osrams...they are also widely used in OEM applications, and also top quality. Seems like they are as bright as you can get (35W). http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs.html Personally, I wouldn't get them. Not worth the money. I'd rather run the cheaper bulbs @ 55W (ballast) like the XB35 55w.

So looking at the sight, I would get the "3Five DSP" ballast right? And not the "5Five"

utiadam

LOSER
If anyone is interested in the JW Speaker LED headlights, TRS has a coupon code that discounts $180 right now. It makes it $600 for the pair not including the harnesses or shipping. Code is JWJEEPTRS

Rebel JK

Let us know how it works out. What kit is it? Cost?

Will let you know how it works out. It's the DDM hi/low setup and Entire kit was 65 bucks with tax. I picked up at their local shop so no shipping. With the high dollar amounts I'm seeing others have spent, my expectations are set accordingly. Have read some good things so giving it a go.
They have 3 locations in town and the line was literally out the door yesterday in Kearney Mesa. They do come with a lifetime warranty, and 30 day exchange policy in case I want to trade to the 8 k lamps which will have a slight blue hint.

It will be interesting to see how these compare to the big boy's, and if they aren't so hot then I'm only out the price of a tank of gas. Well -less than a full tank lol.

Top Bottom