JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

WhiteMetal

Such an awesome video! Can’t wait for the next one. I don’t think I would have the kahones to attempt that kind of tire mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I second that I’d be scared I’d miss and the beadlock would bounce off tire and cause all kinds of damage haha awesome video as alway Eddie and Cindy, thank you can’t wait to see what’s to come

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
$250,000 camera, full film crew, you could get Michael fucking Bay and it still wouldn’t live up to what we all love about the WAYALIFE videos. I don’t care who gets what shots, WAYALIFE videos are more than just some footage recorded on a camera and thrown in an editing blender. It’s organic, it tells us YOUR story and it lets us come along for the ride. That is what makes WAYALIFE so unique and why we all love it.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. We're just always wanting to do better.

Excellent video as usual...I can relate going into a store for road trip provisions and heading straight to the booze section first...

An excellent example why you should always carry a spare...

And slamming that wheel into the tire...ballsy, especially when it's late and your tired...slightly off target and I can see that bouncing back and having a bad ending to a good day...

LOL!! With the exception of the crew, it was hard to find too many people who were wanting to drink with us at night on this trip. But, we always like to come prepared just in case.

Regarding spares, they really are a must in my book and for me personally, out on the tailgate if only so that I can carry more tools and gear. On this trip, the crew started calling me the Snap-On guy because they knew I had ever tool, fluid, nut and bolt they needed. :crazyeyes:

^^^^ Exactly! Your videos brought us here and we enjoy every minute. You could film it on a stop motion polaroid, from the back seat and we’d still be glued to the screen. (I have no clue what a stop motion polaroid is... I just made that up) [emoji51]

:cheesy: You guys are way too kind but we do appreciate it :)

Holy shit! That wheel slam was straight out of WWF! Haha
Thanks for sharing with us. Great job on capturing the camaraderie. Looking forward to part 2 [emoji106]

:cheesy: Yeah, that's about what it was like. :crazyeyes:

Its not often a 30 minute youtube video is too short...

Love the style, and more of a friends hanging out vs the full production value you get with some other videos. This was great.

Ill miss some of the shots you get on some of the other trips getting all up in the technical side, but I think the overall experience of this will be awesome with the videos they have to go with it. No need to apologize at all for the content or quality.

Thank you, we appreciate it and for better or for worse, what you see is pretty much all we were able to get. We're so glad that you find it enjoyable to watch. :cool:

Hmmm... Eddie, can you get to work on that?

LOL!! I'll get right on it :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was a great video Cindy and Eddie! I really felt like I was there from checking out the rigs in the parking lot, driving down the trail, and hanging out late at night working with friends. The music was perfect as well and really set the mood. Thank you guys for all the great coverage of SEMA and now JLX.

Well, we sincerely were concerned about the fact that we had more footage of people than of Jeeps but we're so glad you still liked what we were able to come up with. :)

I can all but guarantee the “official” vid will be another wheeling video. Yes, it will be top notch. But sharing your knowledge of the places you went and the history is often what make the wheeling that much more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing the start of the trip and look forward to the next one.

Thanks Jason, we're so glad that you enjoy our trips and liked the video :)

Such an awesome video! Can’t wait for the next one. I don’t think I would have the kahones to attempt that kind of tire mounting.

:cheesy: No kidding! If you're off by just a bit or don't have enough power to get it in - that wheel WILL come bouncing right back and at your face. :shock:

Couldn’t have said it better. Plus as great as I’m sure the “official” video may be, it won’t feature Cindy or Tesa.

LOL!! It was a bummer that Tessa couldn't join us on this trip.

Great video, looks like some good times and cool to see some JL builds.

Thanks, we're so glad you enjoyed the video :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got to watch it! The guy that slammed the headlock straight through the tire was absolute beast mode.

Awesome video as usual!!! Can’t wait to see part 2!

LOL!! Glad that you were finally able to watch it and liked it :)

Awesome as always! Can't wait to see the official vid.

David is typically good about getting something done in a reasonable amount of time. He told me that it would probably be 15 minute video and posted up on the JL-Experience page as well as FB and the like. Ali from DrivingLine tries a lot harder to make the kind of videos we do only a lot more artistic and so it may be a while before you get to see it. When it comes to videos, Cindy and I really are the country-bumpkins in the group :crazyeyes:

Awesome part 2 please

Working on it now :)

Yeah I second that I’d be scared I’d miss and the beadlock would bounce off tire and cause all kinds of damage haha awesome video as alway Eddie and Cindy, thank you can’t wait to see what’s to come

I've tried it a couple of times - unsuccessfully and just missed my face with the wheel. :shock: :crazyeyes:

GCM 2

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - A Behind the Scenes Look at the 1st Annual JLX / PART 1

.....Regarding spares, they really are a must in my book and for me personally, out on the tailgate if only so that I can carry more tools and gear. On this trip, the crew started calling me the Snap-On guy because they knew I had ever tool, fluid, nut and bolt they needed. :crazyeyes:

Eddie/Cindy, thanks again for the help on the late nights of wrenching. It’s not a true “Experience” without those late nights of team building and bonding. You once again came to the rescue with your trail bag of bolts and nuts. That kind of preparedness only comes from years of trail time.
For me, it was odd not having my own rig, being solely dependent on others for rides, tools and spares (meaning everything else). But I always love spotting for others and teaching others to explore their limits. Thank goodness you were both along for the 1st Annual JLX, it would have not been as successful without you two there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as usual. How to make 30 minutes feel like 2 or 3 minutes. Thanks for taking us along once again!🥃

LOL!! Thank you - we're so glad to hear our video was entertaining enough to feel short :)

Great coverage[emoji106] cool seeing all these different JL’s

Thank you. There's certainly more to come and you'll get to see more of other JL's as well. :yup:

Looks like a lot of fun! Can’t wait for part 2.

Working hard on it now :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie/Cindy, thanks again for the help on the late nights of wrenching. It’s not a true “Experience” without those late nights of team building and bonding. You once again came to the rescue with your trail bag of bolts and nuts. That kind of preparedness only comes from years of trail time.
For me, it was odd not having my own rig, being solely dependent on others for rides, tools and spares (meaning everything else). But I always love spotting for others and teaching others to explore their limits. Thank goodness you were both along for the 1st Annual JLX, it would have not been as successful without you two there.

Greg, Cindy and I can't tell you enough just how good it was to see you again. It really was so cool that you could join us on this adventure and yes, those late lights are the best! The only thing that would have made it better is if you could have been there in your own rig but of course, I was always happy to have you spotting me.

Hope you enjoyed the video and there's a lot more of you with boots on the ground in the next one :crazyeyes:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Wow! Based on the text intro I wasn’t expecting a lot. “Surprise, surprise.” You checked all the boxes given the terrain. :thumb::thumb:

Top Bottom