JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Loved the video! Gotta love laughing and wrenching with friends! Also Harris is a BEAST! Way to smash the wheel in lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I have. It is the reason I still have hand prints on my ceiling from jumping up and down on the wheel. :D

LOL!! Kicking the wheel in is pretty much the only way I can get them in too. :crazyeyes:

Wow what an awesome video thanks you guys! Can’t wait to see more!

Thank you, so glad to hear it :)

Wow! Based on the text intro I wasn’t expecting a lot. “Surprise, surprise.” You checked all the boxes given the terrain. :thumb::thumb:

LOL!! I'm not gonna lie, filming this trip was a real challenge for us. So much of our time was spent in our Jeeps and most of what we were able to get was of me talking or of our interactions with our friends. We just weren't sure if people would be okay with that. Glad to hear you are. :)

Wow great video cannot wait till part 2. So how did the Rancho suspension do?

Honestly, the 3.5" coils and 9000X shocks did great! I just wish we had axles that could support 40's as the coils yield a bit more lift than 3.5" and would easily clear them.

Thank you both for another awesome video. I must say that is the most over qualified locker problem and spare tire changing team I’ve seen

LOL!! Too funny. :D

Seeing G was really cool.
Great video!
:beer:

Man, seeing Greg again was truly a highlight of the trip.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie and Cindy, Thanks for your hard work sharing the experience with us. Great crew you got there. Great video.

Thank you. So glad you enjoyed the video. :)

Gota love those late nights, early mornings. :)

Just like old times. Would have been fun to have you with us.

Loved the video! Gotta love laughing and wrenching with friends! Also Harris is a BEAST! Way to smash the wheel in lol

The wrenching late at night were some of the best times on this trip and yes, Harris is a beast!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Honestly, the best part of your videos is the comradery with everyone there. There are endless Jeep videos out there, but they are sole less shots of jeeps doing cool stuff. It’s the people and sense of adventure that you impart into your videos that make them so enjoyable to watch. Can’t wait to see part 2!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Great video, I'm looking forward to the follow up!

Someone would probably have to take me to the ER if I tried to muscle flip a rim into a tire like that... A few beers + A.D.D. + spectators = bruises and entertainment for my friends

I was surprised to see you keep your bottle jack in a small duffle bag. Maybe I have bad luck with them but i've had a bottle jack leak all over my garage & another leak in the bed of my pickup. I assumed guys were packing them in ammo cans or something after I read so many on here say they carry a bottle jack instead of a hi-lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, the best part of your videos is the comradery with everyone there. There are endless Jeep videos out there, but they are sole less shots of jeeps doing cool stuff. It’s the people and sense of adventure that you impart into your videos that make them so enjoyable to watch. Can’t wait to see part 2!

Well, we're so glad you feel this way. For us, a trip like this is great BECAUSE we get to do it with our friends. The Jeeps and wheeling are always just icing on the cake. :yup:

Great video, I'm looking forward to the follow up!

Someone would probably have to take me to the ER if I tried to muscle flip a rim into a tire like that... A few beers + A.D.D. + spectators = bruises and entertainment for my friends

I was surprised to see you keep your bottle jack in a small duffle bag. Maybe I have bad luck with them but i've had a bottle jack leak all over my garage & another leak in the bed of my pickup. I assumed guys were packing them in ammo cans or something after I read so many on here say they carry a bottle jack instead of a hi-lift.

I've had this bottle jack for almost 20 years now and have never had a problem with it leaking. It's been one of the best jacks I've owned and one that I use all the time. In fact, you'll see me using it again on this trip. :crazyeyes:

That video was awesome! Great job guys!

But for real that wheel toss was amazing [emoji15]

LOL!! Yes, it really was. :D

WJCO

Meme King

Since I've stored mine upright like this, I've had no leaks. My other one in a similar case was just floating around in the rear of the Jeep and did leak. :idontknow:

IMG_20181114_201414_347.jpg

Battle Born JK

Cool video, almost felt like I was there. Cant wait to see number 2. Good job on the video. That was pretty cool watching him throw that rim in that tire.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
If the "pro" filming guys are producing the feature videos then this, in my mind, is the bonus track. It's the alternate behind the scenes and extras disc that we all want because we can't get enough of the fun. Plus I always like to look behind the curtain to see what really goes on from the participant's point of view. Wish granted!
That said, Eddie's restricted efforts in filming are still better that 99% of Youtube's best offerings. I loved every minute and look forward to the rest!!

jeeeep

Hooked
Finally made it all the way thru the video and it was great!

All the pre-SEMA mods seemed a bit excessive for SEMA coverage...and now the rest of the story...

I enjoy the semi-history lesson, it's pretty cool to know what use to be in the area.

I'm still waiting for you to stumble onto some secret abandoned base and find parts of E.T lol

I had to replay Harris's monster beadlock slam several times, that was insane!! I tried that after getting pissed off trying to get the Coopers on and damn near got wheel recoil in my face and knocked on my ass :cheesy:

PSC Jl is pretty damn sweet, nice trick fuel tank too! Wondering if it'll show up as a production item.

Synergy sent a Jeep with no spare?? WTF were they thinking :icon_crazy:

Looking forward to the next in the series :thumb::thumb:

Top Bottom