JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 4 | Cinder Hills to the Grand Canyon

I’ve been binge watching all the JKX videos you guys have done and now I’m binge watching the JLX videos in order. I think this is my new favorite WAL series. Hope to one day be a part of one of the two. Great Job Cindy for the awesome shots. Your hard work does not go unnoticed. As always Eddie, the way you tell these stories is unlike any other. We are a blessed bunch of misfits!

Brute

Hooked
As always...winner, winner...chicken dinner.

I'm sure Mel & Loren, amongst others, were disappointed in the power shortage during the hill climbs...I'm wondering why that was in the programming?...

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Great way to wrap up the video series, and some great views. As for the "Michigan Accent" that's quite close in the Upper Peninsula! But it was funny to hear that since I lived there. Thanks for sharing the videos.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was yet another amazing video Cindy and Eddie! Thank you for taking us along on such an epic adventure. That was really cool to see Antelope Canyon with the Flute music.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

I'm sure Mel & Loren, amongst others, were disappointed in the power shortage during the hill climbs...I'm wondering why that was in the programming?...

The Jeep’s computers seemed to be trying to outsmart the driver......maybe. It could be that the computers sensing all four tires spinning, failing to provide traction for such a long period, it cuts power to prevent loss of control like on an icy road???? Like I said, maybe.

I will say that the video cannot show the length of incline/grade of this hill sufficiently enough. Here is a shot from the top of the long hill climb that was causing the Jeeps electronics to pull power out. Eddie by far had the fastest run up this. It’s no joke, deep loose “lava gravel”. You can just barely make out the Jeeps at the bottom just in front of Mel’s left shoulder.

IMG_2944.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Loved the video! Antelope canyon is beyond beautiful!

Great job on the whole series! Tons of hard work that’s paid off. Cindy and yourself always bring the personal side to wheeling out and as you said, without friends wheeling would just be driving over rocks.

great video again. you never leave us disappointed. Well maybe because we are not there with you. but your videos always make me feel like i'm right there with you guys. great style of filming keep up all the work you two do for us. Thanks again :beer: Side note, you should add an emoji with the American honey so we can all cheers you .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic! The whole series. Beautifully done!

Thanks Kirk, we really do appreciate it and we're so glad you enjoyed the series. :cool:

Awesome video. :thumb:

Thank's Doug, we're glad you had fun watching it :)

that was awesome!

I haven't been in Flagstaff in a long time, forgot how different it is from the rest of Az.

Your last statement really sums up the Jeep lifestyle...without a group of fellow Jeepers/friends to enjoy all this with, it's just driving over stuff.

Wayalife :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Well, for us anyway. I won't lie, looking at other videos out there and seeing how many views they get compared to ours, there are times when we get the feeling we're the only ones to see the Jeep lifestyle in this way. Without our friends, wheeling would just be the act of driving over stuff - at least, for us anyway.

A great ending to an awesome trip! You footage of that country out in Arizona and southern Utah is stunning! Thanks again for taking us along!

So glad that we could take you along and that you were able to enjoy it :)

WOW JLX Will have to work hard to do a better coverage 😉
Those places are unbelievable , thanks again and again to share those experiences with us .

Thank you, we're so glad that we could share what the JLX was like from our point of view.

Awesome video. I love how you capture the personal side of the experience. Thank you for sharing.

LOL!! Well, the personal side was about the only thing we could get on this trip. We're so glad that it was good enough and that you had fun watching it :cool:

Wow Outstanding !! Why does it have to end.

Thank you, we're so glad you feel that way and hope to bring you more adventures like this in the near future. :)

Great wrap to the series! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. 🍻

Any definitive answers yet as to the power loss the JL has up the steep inclines yet? I thought the manual shifting eliminated the issue.

Not sure what the issue was. Manual shifting kept me moving along but Loren said he was too and his throttle pulled out. Tom from PSC tried making the run up again too but had the same problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome job! Crazy about the power loss. I’m sure There’s a programmer company trying to figure it out as we type here.

I can assure you that FCA is aware of it and are working on it.

Fantastic series, wonderful job. Thanks for making these!

Thank you, we're so glad that you enjoyed the series :cool:

For the umpteenth time, and not the last, AWESOME VIDEO!

Eddie, which engines were the guys running? What was the setup on the ones that lost power? I know Jeep will resolve it but just wondering.

I pretty sure that everyone in our group bought their JL prior to the 2.0L turbo was available. Also, I'm almost certain that everyone was running an automatic.

Just finished watching and enjoyed every second of it. I want to mention once again the details an attention you give to the soundtracks[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Eddie I noticed on your hood the windshield bump rests have some covers or something, like sand color or so unless I am hallucinating[emoji23][emoji23]

:cheesy: What you're seeing is a thick layer of dust. For some reason, static maybe, the dust would only collect on the tops and not the sides. Everyone had it... well, except for Mel :D

A very well done wrap up to what looks to have been yet another amazing trip! I do love northern AZ and need to get up that way for some trails. Great job as always!

Side question - Is it your mic, aftermarket exhaust or just different OE exhaust on the JL’s vs JK’s that give them that growl heard while hill climbing? It sounds great to me!

I think what you may be hearing is aftermarket exhausts on a couple of the JL's. At least, the louder ones had em. That being said, I do feel that the factory JL exhaust does sound nicer than the JK before and especially so when you get on the gas.

Very awesome! Great scenery in part 4, definitely some cool spots along the way. Alex and I want to go to the grand canyon, and Zion, hopefully sooner than later! Thanks for sharing everything as always!

They are must visit places for sure and hope you're able to get out there soon. Glad you enjoyed the video :cool:

Great series - great cinematography as always, Cindy :) I love seeing the early stages of the new JL unfold - these are the pathfinder jeeps and manufacturers out there figuring out all the new quirks and limits on the new platform - cheers to y'all and continued R&D success. :beer:

LOL!! Thank you and by the time you get a JL, I think they'll have things better figured out :yup:

Just finished up watching. Great ending to a great series! Thanks for the awesome coverage as usual!

Thank you Adam. Looking forward to getting out on the trail with you and Tina again. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another amazing video. They get better all the time. I love how you make it feel like we are kinda on the trip with you.

We're so glad to hear you say as much. All we could ever hope to do is share what a trip like this was like from our point of view - spending it with our good friends. :cool:

Great video as usual. The way you two tell the story. Looks like a great time. Thank you for sharing

Well, we were lucky in that so many of our friends showed up for the fun. We're so glad you enjoyed the video :)

I’ve been binge watching all the JKX videos you guys have done and now I’m binge watching the JLX videos in order. I think this is my new favorite WAL series. Hope to one day be a part of one of the two. Great Job Cindy for the awesome shots. Your hard work does not go unnoticed. As always Eddie, the way you tell these stories is unlike any other. We are a blessed bunch of misfits!

LOL!! Thanks Casey. We may not make videos that get a ton of views but we do try our hardest to keep them honest, personal and made in a way that shows what we love most about the Jeep. We're so glad that people like you can appreciate it. :cool:

Wow! Just finished watching and I never get tired of the style of video Cindy and you produce.

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed it and truly flattered you'd say as much. :cool:

Not sure. I've talked to my friends over at FCA about it, most recently at the LA Auto Show and I've been assured they're working on it.

Awesome video! Hoping I can go on the jk experience one day!

Well, I do believe there will be one final JKX. Be sure to sign up for it. Otherwise, you may need to get yourself a JL. :crazyeyes:

Great way to wrap up the video series, and some great views. As for the "Michigan Accent" that's quite close in the Upper Peninsula! But it was funny to hear that since I lived there. Thanks for sharing the videos.

:cheesy: Being that Ali is from North Carolina made it even funnier.

Just got done watching it. Another great video!

Thank you :)

That was yet another amazing video Cindy and Eddie! Thank you for taking us along on such an epic adventure. That was really cool to see Antelope Canyon with the Flute music.

Antelope Canyon really is an amazing place. It's a bummer that you have to pay to see it now but the tour guides are awesome.

The Jeep’s computers seemed to be trying to outsmart the driver......maybe. It could be that the computers sensing all four tires spinning, failing to provide traction for such a long period, it cuts power to prevent loss of control like on an icy road???? Like I said, maybe.

I will say that the video cannot show the length of incline/grade of this hill sufficiently enough. Here is a shot from the top of the long hill climb that was causing the Jeeps electronics to pull power out. Eddie by far had the fastest run up this. It’s no joke, deep loose “lava gravel”. You can just barely make out the Jeeps at the bottom just in front of Mel’s left shoulder.

That's a great pic Greg! The video camera from the bottom just couldn't capture what the hill was really like. As I say in the video, I almost didn't bother to give it a try after seeing everyone bog down on the way up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved the video! Antelope canyon is beyond beautiful!

Great job on the whole series! Tons of hard work that’s paid off. Cindy and yourself always bring the personal side to wheeling out and as you said, without friends wheeling would just be driving over rocks.

Thanks Steve. We so hope to get out on the trail with you again sometime soon. :cool:

great video again. you never leave us disappointed. Well maybe because we are not there with you. but your videos always make me feel like i'm right there with you guys. great style of filming keep up all the work you two do for us. Thanks again :beer: Side note, you should add an emoji with the American honey so we can all cheers you .

Actually, we have one....:honey:

:crazyeyes: :D

Great series as always... Thank You!!!

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Awesome job! Part 4 is 30+ mins and suddenly we realized the JLX and video were drawing to a close. What!! That's how good it is. Time flew. Thx for including all of us in the adventure.:thumb::thumb:and a snap!

Lesterms

Great Adventure

Let us know if or when NITTO or KMC publishes their "official" video of this tour.
Thanks for sharing.
Reminds me of why I plan to get back to AZ soon.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
What a great video! Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for taking the time to bring us these awesome videos! Great job.. looks like a blast , would love to participate in an event like this in the future. Great trails and great friends.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome job! Part 4 is 30+ mins and suddenly we realized the JLX and video were drawing to a close. What!! That's how good it is. Time flew. Thx for including all of us in the adventure.:thumb::thumb:and a snap!

LOL - we're glad that our videos weren't boring and that you had fun watching them :cool:

Let us know if or when NITTO or KMC publishes their "official" video of this tour.
Thanks for sharing.
Reminds me of why I plan to get back to AZ soon.

Nitto's DrivingLine posted up a video a couple of weeks ago. You can see it and eventually, the official JLX video here https://www.jl-experience.com/videos/

What a great video! Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for taking the time to bring us these awesome videos! Great job.. looks like a blast , would love to participate in an event like this in the future. Great trails and great friends.

All you need to do is join us on any one of the runs we post up here on WAYALIFE. :yup:

Top Bottom