JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

Benito

Caught the Bug
Plot twist: the reflection of the sun off of the glass is redirected to that single spot.... all JLs have this blemish, JL re-design within a year

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As already mentioned I would take it back and bitch politely, not the Adam way. If it doesn’t work then go full Adam on them lol!

Growlz

Well, that sucks!
I'd take it in. When we're paying 50 grand for a Wrangler now, "It's a Jeep thing" really doesn't hold up any more.

Emptybrass

Looks like they got paint or lacquer thinner on it and tried to wipe off. The feathering at the edges looks like a side to side motion.

When in doubt, throttle out.

Zevulin

Absolutely take it back, that’s much more than a blemish!!! You should expect nothing less than a replacement!!! What pisses me off even more is the dealers inattention to detail, that should’ve been noticed during prep, chances are the kid that washed the vehicle saw it and said fuck it!!! Your salesman should’ve caught it before delivery!!! Situations like this are a great litmus test to see how good of a dealership you’re dealing with!!! A brand new vehicle should be in perfect condition upon delivery to the customer, end of story no excuses!!!

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
That’s an odd blemish. I wouldn’t mind it, on a used vehicle, but for the coin you dropped on that, I’d make them give me a new top.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I had a similar problem when I got my JK. Noticed a slight scratch (more like a sandpaper rub) on one of the doors. Took it in and they took care of it. Had it back the next day and it was perfect. Also had them fix a scratch on my hardtop courtesy of Gold Mountain and they didn’t charge me for it.

Kind of a pain but this is a easy fix that they shouldn’t give you a hard time about. Besides you have a few thousand people interested to see how Carson Jeep handles this. It’s in their best interest to fix it.

critter812

I would take it back and have them fix it! I want my first blemish to be mine on my new vehicles! Also as stated if you plan on selling your hard top in the near future it will diminish the price you would get for it.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I would have them fix it, your not being bitchy at all, at the price you paid it should come in perfect condition. You should be the one that gets to put the first mark on him.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the support everyone. I really hate being "that guy" and was trying to convince myself that the blemish wasn't a big deal but it was beginning to be the only thing I could see every time the garage door opened. :icon_crazy:

Hoping to hear from my dealership today.

Top Bottom