Jmayps' 2013 2dr JK Build of GEMINI

WJCO

Meme King
I'm glad I got it solved too. Now I just need to do the front brake pads and order a set of longer brake lines and get those swapped in. Hopefully I won't have to mess with the brakes for a while. How often do brakes pads usually last on average? Figure it's different per JK, JKU, tire size, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Depends on driving habits really. Average, I would say 25k-30k from what I've seen. And most vehicles, the front will wear out faster than the rear.

jmayps

Depends on driving habits really. Average, I would say 25k-30k from what I've seen. And most vehicles, the front will wear out faster than the rear.

Good to know, definitely going to add this to my maintenance schedule then. I really appreciate the help!

jmayps

My Christmas gift from my brother just arrived! He saw me scrapping up my front diff on our last trip to URE. These should help. Gonna have to wait to paint and install until next month, thinking I'm gonna go semi gloss black, make the spider silver and the little spot in the middle red. That should stand out! IMG_2855.jpg

jmayps

Very cool.

sent from your basement

Looked through your build thread today. Sounded like you went with the 3" enforcer kit. Still trying to decide between the evo leveling kit and the 3" enforcer. Looking to run 35s for a while so I can build everything else up and then jump to 37s once I'm ready.

If you do have the 3" with 35s could you send me some pictures and let me know what you think of it. Thanks!

Draconianwinter

Looked through your build thread today. Sounded like you went with the 3" enforcer kit. Still trying to decide between the evo leveling kit and the 3" enforcer. Looking to run 35s for a while so I can build everything else up and then jump to 37s once I'm ready.

If you do have the 3" with 35s could you send me some pictures and let me know what you think of it. Thanks!

Eventually I will be going to the enforcer. As of now I am doing the leveling kit abs Ferber cop to clear 35s. Once I can shirred to replace the axles and go to 37s I will be going to the threw inch enforcer kit

sent from your basement

mojave5

My Christmas gift from my brother just arrived! He saw me scrapping up my front diff on our last trip to URE. These should help. Gonna have to wait to paint and install until next month, thinking I'm gonna go semi gloss black, make the spider silver and the little spot in the middle red. That should stand out! View attachment 233587

I did the spider silver as well, was bitch to mask off and paint but totally worth it! :2thumbsup:

jmayps

Eventually I will be going to the enforcer. As of now I am doing the leveling kit abs Ferber cop to clear 35s. Once I can shirred to replace the axles and go to 37s I will be going to the threw inch enforcer kit

sent from your basement

Nice, good to know. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but hate to buy a lift twice. I think I'll go with the leveling kit and get everything for the enforcer and build up the leveling kit over time (front lower and rear upper control arms, longer break lines, rockstars, etc) and then once I have a stronger front axle all I'll need is the rear track bar bracket, and new shocks. We will see how that goes lol

Draconianwinter

Nice, good to know. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but hate to buy a lift twice. I think I'll go with the leveling kit and get everything for the enforcer and build up the leveling kit over time (front lower and rear upper control arms, longer break lines, rockstars, etc) and then once I have a stronger front axle all I'll need is the rear track bar bracket, and new shocks. We will see how that goes lol

With the 2dr you will, or so it seems, get up to around 3.5 inches of lift on the 2 inch coils with heavy bumper and winch it drops to around 3.25 inches. That seems to be the norm on the 2dr. So if you do go with the leveling kit, get the 2 inch plus ride springs and order a 1.75 inch coil spacers for the rear. That was what I was told

sent from your basement

jmayps

Been a while since I have posted, work has been keeping my busy and learning a new language has been taking up a lot of time. Anyways, here’s what I’ve done to the Jeep since my last post:

I ended up going with the Rock Krawler 2.5” Flex Kit with bilstein 5100s. So far I like the ride as it is much better than the budget boost and JKU coils I was running before. I have noticed that it has a little forward rake to it and will add a .5” or 1” front coil spacer in the future.
IMG_3118.JPG

I also added rock lights to the front, middle, and back of the jeep as well as relocated my LED cubes to the back as a reverse light.

Also happened across a guy who was looking to trade hoods; I like the way it looks and think it’ll look great once I get bigger tires and hopefully stretch the back someday.
IMG_3090.JPG

I was also able to get a used warn 9.5k winch with a fair lead, 2 controllers, and a 10k synthetic line for less than $500. Seemed like a good deal to me and I ended up using the winch multiple times at URE going up Daniel during a freak rainstorm.

Finally, I also added EVO rock skins, which I need to fix due to my nutsert skills (or lack there of). Also added a set of EVO fender liners.
IMG_3338.JPG IMG_3333.JPG IMG_3060.JPG

jmayps

Planning a trip out to the smokies for the Christmas holidays and have a few things to take care of on the JK:

- figure out what is setting off my check engine light and traction control whenever I get on the freeway
- get a bumper light bar
- replace reverse lights
- install windshield lights
- relook at my caster and adjust LCAs
- reinstall front fender well rock lights
- rotate tires
- pick up a hardtop from my buddy

I’m sure there are a few things that I’m forgetting as well.

Anybody ever have issues with check engine light and traction control coming in together in conjunction with a loss of power (had to use tap shift to drive on the freeway)?

jmayps

Finally got some time to start swapping out my sport d44 rear for a rubicon d44 that I picked up for $200 and shafts I picked up for $75. On top of that I decided to go ahead and knock out some long overdue maintenance. The list always seems to get longer and never ends. IMG_3647.JPG

So far I’ve been able to get the rubi d44 prepped to put my evo rock stars on from my old axle
Image1520104470.373133.jpg

And I’ve been pulling everything off my old axle
Image1520104505.151957.jpg

Also picked up a set of battery terminals and post for all my lights and switch panel (I broke the bolt on the stock terminals tightening the down after I rewired my switch panel) Image1520104620.823136.jpg

Additionally, I removed the fascia and repainted the shackles and mounts. Decided to go ahead and run a two rear light pods on the back frame and I’m planning on painting some small pieces of thin aluminum red to use as an accent behind the evo shackles. Image1520104734.455174.jpg

jmayps

Finally got all the brackets relocated to the new axle. Major pain in the ass moving and recutting all of those. I will say it was much easier with the axle off the jeep though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_3652.JPG

Time for a new inch/pound torque wrench. My harbor freight one no longer clicks and I did this on my rear track bar bracket.... IMG_3651.JPG

jmayps

Nice 2 door! Love the blocked letters on the hood. Looking forward to seeing how you bolt up the light pods on the rear. Thinking of doing the same thing myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! The block letters are gone though, that was on my old hood, I have a new hood that a traded for and there aren’t any letters in it anymore. I post a pic. Need coffee first before I get back to turning wrenches on this axle.

Top Bottom