Jmayps' 2013 2dr JK Build of GEMINI

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Finally got all the brackets relocated to the new axle. Major pain in the ass moving and recutting all of those. I will say it was much easier with the axle off the jeep though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 295017

Time for a new inch/pound torque wrench. My harbor freight one no longer clicks and I did this on my rear track bar bracket.... View attachment 295018

Haha, knew that squat rack would finally come in handy!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmayps

Update: finally finished with the rear axle, everything is done on it except touching up the paint on the diff cover. Going to go with a glass red instead of silver like I had before.

Ran into a hiccup yesterday with my flashpaq; dealer has installed an update on the jeep a while back and it locked my tuner so I wasn’t able to adjust the jeep for the 4.10 gears in the rear. Luckily superchips helped out and unlocked it for me for free. Took the Jeep our for a spin and it’s definitely nice having a deeper gear, but I guess anything is better than 3.21.

A few more things to take care of this coming weekend. Basically everything not checked off the list except parts/upgrades, those are gonna have to weight until I can sell my old axle.

IMG_3660.JPG IMG_3661.JPG IMG_3662.JPG

On another note, I was also able to get a batch of beer brewed up, should be ready to drink in a few weeks. My buddy and I made a SMaSH IPA IMG_3663.JPG

jmayps

Late update: I finished the rear axle install a while back and got a killer deal on a Dana 44 front. However, I had to get it rebuilt. I picked up the housing for $100, shafts for $75, and got a oem locker for $150, and 4.10 gears for $100. The housing had some damage on the passenger LCA bracket, so I called up Bubba from Exodus Jeeps, who is awesome to work with by the way, and ordered a set of Synergy LCA brackets and a master install kit which arrived the same week. Got everything installed and ran into an issue; the locker was for a rear D44.

Was definitely nice finding that out after I did the swap and the day before a wheeling trip, which I ended up not going to. So, now I’m in 2wd, saving up for a locker lol. Here’s a few photos of the axle and the rest of the work I was able to finish.

IMG_3896.JPG IMG_3895.JPG IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3856.JPG

jmayps

Jeep looks good. How did the beer turn out?

Thanks I appreciate it! The beer turned out pretty good. Not bad for my first IPA. Ended up getting an old fridge for $50 and am in the process of converting it to a kegerator. Picked up this guy for my first tap handle Image1524670514.472437.jpg

Planning on painting the fridge with a chalk board paint so I can list out my beer inventory for BBQs at my house.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Late update: I finished the rear axle install a while back and got a killer deal on a Dana 44 front. However, I had to get it rebuilt. I picked up the housing for $100, shafts for $75, and got a oem locker for $150, and 4.10 gears for $100. The housing had some damage on the passenger LCA bracket, so I called up Bubba from Exodus Jeeps, who is awesome to work with by the way, and ordered a set of Synergy LCA brackets and a master install kit which arrived the same week. Got everything installed and ran into an issue; the locker was for a rear D44.

Was definitely nice finding that out after I did the swap and the day before a wheeling trip, which I ended up not going to. So, now I’m in 2wd, saving up for a locker lol. Here’s a few photos of the axle and the rest of the work I was able to finish.

View attachment 300056 View attachment 300057 View attachment 300058 View attachment 300059

What did you use to paint your sliders and rocker armor?

jmayps

Stupid question, what is the difference between the front locker and the rear locker?

The spider gears are set up for 30 spline shafts in the front locker and 32 spline on the rear. When I did the install and accidentally used a rear locker in the front housing, the shafts kept slipping and wouldn’t engage the ring and pinion properly (tested while the jeep was on jack stands, not by driving the jeep).

Top Bottom