July 15. Denver Crew, Red Cone is open! Let's Go!

boardsurfer

When do you expect to off the trail? We have a block party that night we've helped organize

Ok, if we keep a tight schedule leaving on time at 9am - it's 45 minutes to the trailhead. 6 miles to the summit, so call that 2 hours. Another 90 minutes to Montezuma on the exit. So that has us back on the road at 1:30 (not accounting for air-up and air-down). That's in a perfect world which this wont be. I would count on hitting the road in Montezuma closer to 3.

There is only one way out once we get to the summit, so feel free to venture out ahead of us if it is getting too late for you.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
When do you expect to off the trail? We have a block party that night we've helped organize

We're in the same boat - have a party at 4 (coincidentally not far from your place), so we could possibly lead and keep a faster pace then the main group once we hit the summit or even the whole way.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

We're in the same boat - have a party at 4 (coincidentally not far from your place), so we could possibly lead and keep a faster pace then the main group once we hit the summit or even the whole way.

Just hoping we can at least take a reasonable lunch break so we can all get to know each other better. Other than than that, people have their own lives to live. Peace Out!

GraniteCrystal

OK, thanks. I made the case to the wife. Apparently I'm on the hook to do the grilling for the block party so she's nervous I'll be late and impact that schedule. We'll see. The jury is still out.

boardsurfer

You don't want a two year old and a 3 month old coming along too.

Scott, best I can do for you is ensure a prompt departure and a tidy air-down to keep us on schedule. You and Jack can definitely lead the group and set your own pace.

I do want to have a lunch break after the we come off the peak, there is a nice spot on the back side with lots of room. You guys do what you gotta do at that point.

GraniteCrystal

Scott, best I can do for you is ensure a prompt departure and a tidy air-down to keep us on schedule. You and Jack can definitely lead the group and set your own pace.

I do want to have a lunch break after the we come off the peak, there is a nice spot on the back side with lots of room. You guys do what you gotta do at that point.
Thanks Jake. Definitely don't want to rush the group at all. It seems like an awesome view from up there so you guys should enjoy it. We'll see if I'm able to even make it or not.

WJCO

Meme King
You don't want a two year old and a 3 month old coming along too.

There are more than enough witnesses here on the thread that know we nearly always bring the kids. It always seems to work out just fine. Hope you can join us. Brings snacks and toys, and everybody wins.

Top Bottom