July 16 - Denver Area Run - Spring Creek (No Stockers)

Petzl88

I would go tomorrow but I have plans at Chinaman and Wheeler Lake. Maybe Red Cone on Sunday or something. Let me know if anyone is going up to the mountains on Sunday. Maybe we could meet up for a run.

Please don't post any trail information about this top secret trail called "Spring Creek".

boardsurfer

Alright what a day! Many of us have been waiting to do this trail for a long time. I have to say, in the dozens of videos I have watched of Spring Creek, none of them prepared me for that first obstacle! It's always true, the camera doesnt do it justice.

Here are some shots I took today and I also have some gopro footage that I will attempt to use and make something coherent (spoiler: it wont be pretty)

COLOJK on the first wall.
IMG_1285.jpg

H8ROADS' newly minted beasty.
IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Slimebones gettin it done.
IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

CJW smushing his tire on a rock.
IMG_1305.jpg

COLOJK having a go.
IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

Mrs. D-Nought
IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

D-Nought
IMG_1321.jpg

Here's the mess CJW decided to tackle. Beat up the slider, the body mount, nearly rubbed the tree. CJ, sorry Im a poor spotter.
IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

And of course a lineup.
IMG_1349.jpg

COLOJK

Alright what a day! Many of us have been waiting to do this trail for a long time. I have to say, in the dozens of videos I have watched of Spring Creek, none of them prepared me for that first obstacle! It's always true, the camera doesnt do it justice.

Here are some shots I took today and I also have some gopro footage that I will attempt to use and make something coherent (spoiler: it wont be pretty)

COLOJK on the first wall.
View attachment 212942

H8ROADS' newly minted beasty.
View attachment 212943

View attachment 212944

Slimebones gettin it done.
View attachment 212945

View attachment 212946

CJW smushing his tire on a rock.
View attachment 212947

COLOJK having a go.
View attachment 212948

View attachment 212949

Mrs. D-Nought
View attachment 212950

View attachment 212951

D-Nought
View attachment 212952

Here's the mess CJW decided to tackle. Beat up the slider, the body mount, nearly rubbed the tree. CJ, sorry Im a poor spotter.
View attachment 212953

View attachment 212954

View attachment 212955

And of course a lineup.
View attachment 212956

Great pics! It really is crazy how pictures do not do these obstacles justice

COLOJK

How did the JKS perform? Anyone on the run running an Enforcer for comparison?

Looks like you need some fender trimming :)

It did great! I have zero complaints and it has a great amount of articulation when disconnected. And I've been hesitant to trim fenders because I'm worried it will create too much of a gap. I believe there was an enforcer but I can't remember who had it.

CJW

Hey guys! Just wanted to say I had a great time meeting everyone and wheeling with the group!!! Hopefully we get to do it again soon! It was an absolute blast!

CJW

From BoardSurfer: "

Here are some shots I took today and I also have some gopro footage that I will attempt to use and make something coherent (spoiler: it wont be pretty)"

--Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!!

From BoardSurfer: "Here's the mess CJW decided to tackle. Beat up the slider, the body mount, nearly rubbed the tree. CJ, sorry Im a poor spotter. "

--Hey it's all in good fun!! That's what sliders are for. Thanks for helping me through!

---PS sorry for the hacked up post. I couldn't quote right on my phone

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Hey guys! Just wanted to say I had a great time meeting everyone and wheeling with the group!!! Hopefully we get to do it again soon! It was an absolute blast!

Hey, my thinking of doing a similar cut to your for fenders. I like the idea of leaving a little on the sides so they're more rigid. Got a build thread? Have they worked well so far with that cut? Would you do it differently? A bit off topic, but noticed them in pics. Looks like you guys had a great time!

CJW

Hey, my thinking of doing a similar cut to your for fenders. I like the idea of leaving a little on the sides so they're more rigid. Got a build thread? Have they worked well so far with that cut? Would you do it differently? A bit off topic, but noticed them in pics. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Thanks for the compliment! I don't have a build thread. It's just a normal trim job that I left about an inch on the side. I made a really tight radius at the front edge which makes the door molding/trim difficult to adhere too. I like the look but the trim does peel off in that area from time to time. I'd say just make the radius a little larger than I did if you don't want the hassle.

Top Bottom