Just here to pimp my video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skumbag

awesome video :clap2: really like the time lapse with the music at 5:25!

Thanks! I'm mad that I pulled my camera early on that one. It was a long stressful day, and looking at the camera's view finder, I was seeing nothing but pitch black on the screen. Thinking that the darkness had overtaken the settings on the camera, I shut it down. Needless to say, I ran it in POST and upped the brightness to find I hit a little gold mine with the stars reflecting off the lake. Made my day :thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey shitbag,

In case you over looked his post. Here you go...
Since you seemed to have missed the sarcasm, my point was that in the over 2 years you have been on here, you haven't posted at all. That is, not until now and just to promote your video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't post much; more of a lurker. I should probably post more often.

Just did a quick google search and see that you're much more of a "poster" over on JKF. In fact, I see that you originally posted up your video there and when nobody gave you any love, you then decided to post it up here. :naw:

skumbag.jpg

Maybe do us all a favor and just keep posting up over there and just stick to lurking here.

Skumbag

Since you seemed to have missed the sarcasm, my point was that in the over 2 years you have been on here, you haven't posted at all. That is, not until now and just to promote your video.

I knew what you meant. I mean no harm. Only showing the guys that even dirty half-dozen like ourselves can put together our own attempt at a "JK-Lite" Experience.

I'm not promoting anything other than the community. I don't get any royalties or any ad love from Youtube. I decline that the moment I add real music to them. I don't care, I do it for the love.

I'll take it down if you want. I just dont get how I am any different than the others who post videos here... :grayno:

I knew what you meant. I mean no harm. Only showing the guys that even dirty half-dozen like ourselves can put together our own attempt at a "JK-Lite" Experience.

I'm not promoting anything other than the community. I don't get any royalties or any ad love from Youtube. I decline that the moment I add real music to them. I don't care, I do it for the love.

I'll take it down if you want. I just dont get how I am any different than the others who post videos here... :grayno:

The difference is the other members actually contribute to the forum and do not make thier first post in 2 years a video. It is not that hard understand. As pointed out earlier by WAYOFLIFE you are frequent poster on JKF so head on back there or become a contributing member.

R/
Will

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not promoting anything other than the community.

You're definitely promoting something but you've never been a part of this community.

I don't get any royalties or any ad love from Youtube. I decline that the moment I add real music to them. I don't care, I do it for the love.

How righteous of you. You should start your own website and post up your videos there.

I just dont get how I am any different than the others who post videos here... :grayno:

Of course you don't get it. The others you speak of are active members of this community - you are just a user.

Yes, i post and read both of the forums that you created.

No, you only post there. For the last 2 years, you have just "lurked" here and have now chosen to use this forum to promote your video.

jims68

Your lurking isn't so bad it's the trouble makers lately that have many here on edge! That is why if you contribute, not just for post count, it gives weight to your intentions! If I were you I would pull the video without being asked to then start helping this forum out. Maybe down the road your part 2 may be welcomed then. You did a nice job on your part 1 so if you prove yourself and follow the owners rules the comments may change!

Right? I dig it! Anyway, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I removed my original post.

As previously mentioned there have been a lot of lurkers who turned out to be nothing more than trouble makers. You have two basic choices: 1. lurk and do not post or 2: become an active member and move on. The problem is that option 2 is harder to do than it seems. Some where down the road your feathers will get ruffled which will cause a meltdown; however it can be done. Several have overcome their short comings, whereas some just do not let it go.

R/
Will

Skumbag

As previously mentioned there have been a lot of lurkers who turned out to be nothing more than trouble makers. You have two basic choices: 1. lurk and do not post or 2: become an active member and move on. The problem is that option 2 is harder to do than it seems. Some where down the road your feathers will get ruffled which will cause a meltdown; however it can be done. Several have overcome their short comings, whereas some just do not let it go.

R/
Will

No problem... I was expecting a bigger razzing :D :beer:

pvanweelden

Welcome to Wayalife :standing wave:

Nice video- looking forward to part 2, i saw White Rim/Shafer in the intro. When did you do Black Bear? Can't believe the rollover jeep from Labor day was still there :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
Removing, until I can contribute.

Lame!! :grayno:

You can contribute any time and could have over the last two years. What you were trying to do was pimp your video. Big deal, so it's not monetized, that's still what you were doing. Not like any of us here know you or care about the people in the vid. You're not even running a banner or WAL decals.

Yeah, the vid is cool, we just like to have active members here. Then all is good. As simple or complex as you wish to make that be. :yup::standing wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom