KC, Peterson, or Trucklite LED headlights

jkmohican

Trucklite. Their beam is very wide, and hits everything in front of you. I dont even need to run my fogs when im driving because the truck lites are wide enough to hit the very front of the jeep. They look Bad a$$ forsure. ive had friends call me after I pass them saying that my Jeep looked like a devil on the road (with the lights reflecting off the bumper). And lastly, they are not as expensive as other lights, and I doubt you can legally make a light brighter than a trucklite for street driving considering they barely DOT approved. Which is a good thing :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bo9roadking

Of the lights that the OP listed, I'd go with the Trucklite. I'm using the JW Speaker lights because I didn't like the x pattern that the Trucklite puts out and JW Speaker has a lifetime warranty, but I like the Trucklite's wider beam pattern.

JKPE

I know these weren't one of your listed manufacturers either since they are not even LED but I just installed the Innovited HID 55w 6000k kit in mine. Comes with ballasts, relay, fuse, and bulbs. Everything you need to hookup.

And it was $60. I have lots else to buy...

I installed and adjusted based in a similar Project JK write up.
Low beams ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396375854.596175.jpg
High beams ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396375872.730839.jpg
Color ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396375912.631326.jpg

RodCyn

I didn't like the artifacts (x/v pattern) the trucklites seem to produce, so I purchased the KC's to see if they were different. They cost me just about the same as the trucklites and came with the anti-flicker adapter. So far they're pretty good and definitely much better then the stocks. The reflector is different then the Trucklites and the wide pattern produced seem to work well.

As someone said, better is subjective, but I don't have the "X" pattern.

Now as far as a clean looking headlight (looking at it, not the produced light), I like the looks of the Trucklites better than the KC's. Not too keen on the KC logo on front. From what I've seen/read, the KC's are very similar to the Peterson's.

Also on a side note, KC's have a 23 yr warranty.

Hightower

KC, Peterson, or Trucklite LED headlights Which ones are better? Which ones are brighter, best warranty, best for the $$$, etc.... Go!

I have Trucklites they perform well and I am very pleased with them all around.

Anyone with Trucklites have much usage of them in snow conditions? I live in Minnesota. Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

I am from Western Canada and it's still snowing (kill me) they work great.

spinuck

I have the truck lites and like them. They have a nice spread, so much that often time when people in the fast lane pass me they'll flash their highs because they think I have my high beams on. Of course then I flash mine ; ) not sure I saw it really mentioned, but you only see the v-pattern when you're close to something, and to me it's not a big deal.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Where are the KC and JW made? Trucklites are made right here in the USA. If it matters to anyone deciding.

I'm running Trucklites in my JK, soon as funds will allow it. They will be going in my 58 FC and MJ.

36Fan

Peterson claims made in USA on some parts. Im curious as to how much of the Peterson and Truck-lites are made here?

Rccrwlr

Just put Truck-Lites on my CJ and there is no comparison to the KC. TL blow doors
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396721511.800401.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396721546.549161.jpg

"One only needs to follow those that have been there/done that to learn how to do things proper the first time" BCH

36Fan

Just put Truck-Lites on my CJ and there is no comparison to the KC. TL blow doors

"One only needs to follow those that have been there/done that to learn how to do things proper the first time" BCH

Are those the stock headlights vs the TL's in the picture?

Rccrwlr

Are those the stock headlights vs the TL's in the picture?

No KC vs TL. Not led KC. Just a poly replacement for stock. Was having switch overheat issues with stock so went with KC to see if things changed. Now to TL and everything is good. Light output is amazing with the TL. Changed out the switch just to be safe but that usually only lasts a few months.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I havent seen them all in person, but the KCs don't have that XX pattern...just something to keep in mind. The spread on the TLs seems slightly better.

36Fan

All of the trucklite is made here. They are the manufacture of the light.

They make the led chipset,housing,lens,etc all in house? Do you know of any articles showing this? I like reading write ups and articles,so don't take my questions in the wrong tone.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
They make the led chipset,housing,lens,etc all in house? Do you know of any articles showing this? I like reading write ups and articles,so don't take my questions in the wrong tone.

Don't know of any write ups. Just know a few great employees of trucklite.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Don't know of any write ups. Just know a few great employees of trucklite.

Just to put things into perspective...smittybilt builds all their stuff in China, but employs a lot of Americans in America...it's not so cut and dry. Of all the LED solutions, I like the TLs the best (although I still prefer HID ultimately.)

Last edited:

TrailBear

Where are the KC and JW made? Trucklites are made right here in the USA. If it matters to anyone deciding.

I'm running Trucklites in my JK, soon as funds will allow it. They will be going in my 58 FC and MJ.

The JW website says made in the USA.

Top Bottom