KC, Peterson, or Trucklite LED headlights

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Where are the KC and JW made? Trucklites are made right here in the USA. If it matters to anyone deciding.

I'm running Trucklites in my JK, soon as funds will allow it. They will be going in my 58 FC and MJ.

You should get the gen 1's for the FC. That would look badass!

Firewrangler

I know these weren't one of your listed manufacturers either since they are not even LED but I just installed the Innovited HID 55w 6000k kit in mine. Comes with ballasts, relay, fuse, and bulbs. Everything you need to hookup.

And it was $60. I have lots else to buy...

I installed and adjusted based in a similar Project JK write up.
Low beams View attachment 76813
High beams View attachment 76814
Color View attachment 76815

Where did you order from? Do you get it with the H13 so it fits the stock housing?

JKPE

Giving them a try. Can't handle stock anymore. Maybe one day I'll save enough for some LEDs

Let me know how they work out for you. I'd love some LEDs myself but these HIDs are so much better than stock and I have so many things on the buy list that I don't know if I'll ever get around to them. Glad I could help :beer:

Firewrangler

Let me know how they work out for you. I'd love some LEDs myself but these HIDs are so much better than stock and I have so many things on the buy list that I don't know if I'll ever get around to them. Glad I could help :beer:

I'll let you know. I just went right off the link you posted. Hope that included everything I needed. I know one site I went to asked about capacitors and all kinds of other stuff.

JKPE

I'll let you know. I just went right off the link you posted. Hope that included everything I needed. I know one site I went to asked about capacitors and all kinds of other stuff.

Yup, the kit includes the bulbs, ballasts, and a relay. The wiring looks a little complicated at first but everything really only connects to one spot. I'll PM you pictures of where I put the ballasts.

Rccrwlr

You should get the gen 1's for the FC. That would look badass!

I've looked for the gen 1's bc I think they look really cool and haven't had any luck. Find quite a few 24vdc but no 12. Hook me up if you know a source

"One only needs to follow those that have been there/done that to learn how to do things proper the first time" BCH

Devallee

Have you had any problems with flicker? Debating if I should get the anti flicker kit with it too

Sent from my Galaxy S37

Rdubs14JK

I went ahead and got the kit from north ridge 4x4 it came with the flicker h/a. Now need to find direct replacement fogs!

Firewrangler

Yup, the kit includes the bulbs, ballasts, and a relay. The wiring looks a little complicated at first but everything really only connects to one spot. I'll PM you pictures of where I put the ballasts.

Can you post some pics of your install?

JKPE

Can you post some pics of your install?

The driver side ballast is really crowded so it is actually in this little area right outside the engine compartment. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397232809.109776.jpg

The passenger side has lots of space
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397232882.659476.jpg

I ran the wire loom right in front of the stand for the hood.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397233505.680113.jpg

And I couldn't figure out where to put the relay so I just let it sit next to the air box
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397233590.403071.jpg

Firewrangler

The driver side ballast is really crowded so it is actually in this little area right outside the engine compartment. View attachment 78273

The passenger side has lots of space
View attachment 78274

I ran the wire loom right in front of the stand for the hood.
View attachment 78275

And I couldn't figure out where to put the relay so I just let it sit next to the air box
View attachment 78276

Ok thanks! I swapped my bulbs once before and can't even remember how to get to them!

Top Bottom