King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

thardy

Banned
Just wanted to thank everyone for following along and pulling for us through the event.

And to our entire support team and pit crew: Best group of hard working people and friends ever!

Unfortunately, the almost 4hrs we waited in line at Jackhammer caused us to time out. Not just our team, but dozens of cars, if not more. We entered main pit at exactly 10pm (cut off time) with still one lap to go. EVO1 was still running as good as it did when we left the start line at 8:30'ish in the morning.

Yes, I had about a 40lbs rock thrown at me by another race car's tire on Jackhammer. Bottom line; When hit directly in the ankle with a 40lbs rock, you don't let several thousand people see you cry while lying in the fetal position. You just bury that deep down inside and smile for the camera ;)

More to follow.....

I had a feeling that hit you. Hope you're alright man! EVO1 looked like a beast while it was actually running and not sitting in traffic.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Sorry about the cut off time. It was well played up to that point. Hope the drive home doesn't duplicate the race. All the best for the 2016 KOH.:yup:

Templar

Greg, you and Mel did a great job yesterday, I felt for you being stuck at Jackhammer so long. Also, I grabbed a couple screen grabs of that monster rock in mid air - it was huge, I'm just glad it did not take you out man!

bigfuckingrock1.jpg

bigfuckingrock2.jpg

HoosierWolf

Work caused a lot of issues with it but I watched as much as I could.

Great race! and sorry about the issues on Jackhammer.

"When hit directly in the ankle with a 40lbs roc" uh...OUCH! :icon_crazy:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
GCM is a tough guy. I am proud to work at the same "company" with guys like him, but i'm in a way way less tough department.

Too bad the race had to work out that way. Standing around for four hours in a race sucks.

GCM 2

GCM is a tough guy. I am proud to work at the same "company" with guys like him, but i'm in a way way less tough department.

Too bad the race had to work out that way. Standing around for four hours in a race sucks.

You're a badass too! ;)

GCM 2

You guys killed it! Sucks that time ran out. GCM2 hope the ankle is ok. :thumb::beer:

Thanks! It was not just us that timed out, but dozens of other teams. And all because of one canyon/obstacle; Jackhammer. Some teams even quit after they made it through Jackhammer because they felt the 3-4hrs log jam crushed any chances at a finish.

Dave Cole (race director, Ultra 4, KOH president and owner) actually convinced Mel and I in a face to face main pit stop talk to just accept the time out and not continue for out "unofficial finish" time.

It still sucks knowing we could have finished with a perfectly working/running EVO1. In fact today, I gave JAGS and OverlanderJK a 70+ mph ride thru some of the sand washes today in EVO1 ;)

Moochie

Shannon Campbell's pit was right next to ours. At this point he was out of the race due to transmission failure.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423370669.522483.jpg

Old Dude

Can't Wait for next year!

My Grandson and I had a ball at KOH this year! It was our first time so we went a little crazy......
_MG_0321.jpg _MG_0488.jpg IMG_0077.jpg
Before you ask, the trailer weight is a little North of 3000 lbs, and we got 13.5 miles per gallon. Not too bad!!

Top Bottom