King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks! It was not just us that timed out, but dozens of other teams. And all because of one canyon/obstacle; Jackhammer. Some teams even quit after they made it through Jackhammer because they felt the 3-4hrs log jam crushed any chances at a finish.

Dave Cole (race director, Ultra 4, KOH president and owner) actually convinced Mel and I in a face to face main pit stop talk to just accept the time out and not continue for out "unofficial finish" time.

It still sucks knowing we could have finished with a perfectly working/running EVO1. In fact today, I gave JAGS and OverlanderJK a 70+ mph ride thru some of the sand washes today in EVO1 ;)

No shame in the effort for the week. Though moral victories suck, we had you ready to go at main pit for lap three. You and Mel really did great!

It was an honor to be a very small part of large team and family.

And thanks for the ride. That's one for the books!!! 70++ for sure. I looked at panel. 👍

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Sorry but that pebble hitting you on the little toe makes you the biggest badass around! :yup: ;)

That pebble just SHOWS what a badass GCM2 is. There are a lot other reasons WHY he is the biggest badass. I've seen that firsthand from his teammates. I'm two years younger and can't hold a candle (i maybe could have at least LIT the candle twenty+ years ago).

GCM, thanks for the compliment. It humbling to even be compared. You do a tough job and come home to a tough hobby. Awesome. Good luck to you and Mel this year.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got home and thought I'd post up some pics of Moby going out to rescue Andrew Gorman's UTV soon after arriving in Hammertown Wednesday night. These first two were of us coming down 20/19.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423444879.054294.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423444890.772149.jpg

Drew, Adam and Shaun trying to work on the blown out RCV axle shaft - oh yeah, the strongest axle on the planet LOL!! Ended up just pulling the shaft and leaving the busted stub in so that we could pull him off the trail.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423445018.364102.jpg

After having a jackass almost roll his POS Jeep into Moby because he couldn't wait 20 second for us to move out of the way, we started to tow the UTV out.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423445176.545331.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423445186.985074.jpg

Long night but good times. :)

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Awesome pictures and it seems like you didn't spend too much time sitting around.

BTW, did that guy at least apologize for being an impatient jackass?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pictures and it seems like you didn't spend too much time sitting around.

BTW, did that guy at least apologize for being an impatient jackass?

In a word, no. Fortunately, Moby's tires stick out quit a bit and he flopped into it. The guy was a total ass.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
In a word, no. Fortunately, Moby's tires stick out quit a bit and he flopped into it. The guy was a total ass.

Probably another douche bag that will post negative crap about you and this forum because he isn't big enough to admit he screwed up.

Top Bottom