King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Long week. Here are a couple pics from the recovery of the AdArt UTV when Drew and I first got out there. 8 hours later and we were back in the pits.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423447117.609510.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423447131.299674.jpg

I don't have many other pics but had a blast again. Will post more later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like everyone from New England! :crazyeyes:

LOL!! Trust me, douchebags like him are par for the course when it comes to most of the guys who run the hammer trails. Most are the same ones who hang out on Pirate.

Probably another douche bag that will post negative crap about you and this forum because he isn't big enough to admit he screwed up.

Oh, I wouldn't doubt it if he were a Pirate douchebag and did what he did in an effort to try and show what a badass he is :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Long week. Here are a couple pics from the recovery of the AdArt UTV when Drew and I first got out there. 8 hours later and we were back in the pits.

I don't have many other pics but had a blast again. Will post more later.

Awesome pic Adam, thanks for posting that up :thumb:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
It's called a Campbell car. He builds them.
Those kind of rigs are super awesome. It is kinda unfair that Evo1 has to compete against that in my opinion. There should be a street legal category at KOH or something. Just goes to show how great EVO Manf equipment is and some prorocks don't hurt either. Then there is the crew running EVO1.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Those kind of rigs are super awesome. It is kinda unfair that Evo1 has to compete against that in my opinion. There should be a street legal category at KOH or something. Just goes to show how great EVO Manf equipment is and some prorocks don't hurt either. Then there is the crew running EVO1.

EVO1 is not allowed to race in the everymans challenge because of the suspension design. It would probably win if it was allowed.

Side note, a street legal (with a license plate) jeep jk finished two laps of the hardest race there is and then went out on a run the next day and drove great. I'd be willing to go as far as saying it didn't finish because of the bullshit at jackhammer that held them up for 4 hours.

07JKSahara

Side note, a street legal (with a license plate) jeep jk finished two laps of the hardest race there is and then went out on a run the next day and drove great. I'd be willing to go as far as saying it didn't finish because of the bullshit at jackhammer that held them up for 4 hours.

That sounds similar to EVO1 with GCM behind the wheel the second day....

travisk

We were listening to race comms on Thursday and picked up a team complaining that Mel Wade had intentionally made contact with their vehicle, sending them into a roll. The team members were instructed not to report it to race officials, but that the drivers would "deal with it" directly. Never could figure out which team was complaining.

Later I read that Jessi Combs says she was pushed into a roll by another driver in that same race.

I wonder what really happened? If Wade and his EMC jeep were being held up by an U4 Spec car they must have really been hauling ass.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I don't get it........you're running in a race and become obstructed by another rig with no other way around it and your time continues to run.......that log jam timed out several teams EVO1 being one of them........I don't see why they (KOH officials) couldn't stop the lap time upon arrival to a spot on Jackhammer that each rig had to stop with no other way of travel to get by........after the rig causing the obstruction is removed and the path is cleared the lap times for each rig should begin again......these teams prepare for months to run this event and to have it end by timing out because someone else impeded your progress is ridiculous........sad to see Mel and Greg race there asses off and not get a chance to finish.......Mel and Greg I feel for you brothers......maybe a rule change is needed to rectify this kind of situation in the future.........

~Woodrow~

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't get it........you're running in a race and become obstructed by another rig with no other way around it and your time continues to run.......that log jam timed out several teams EVO1 being one of them........I don't see why they (KOH officials) couldn't stop the lap time upon arrival to a spot on Jackhammer that each rig had to stop with no other way of travel to get by........after the rig causing the obstruction is removed and the path is cleared the lap times for each rig should begin again......these teams prepare for months to run this event and to have it end by timing out because someone else impeded your progress is ridiculous........sad to see Mel and Greg race there asses off and not get a chance to finish.......Mel and Greg I feel for you brothers......maybe a rule change is needed to rectify this kind of situation in the future.........

~Woodrow~

Dave Cole was told by several drivers that adding jackhammer into the race this year would cause a log jam. That's exactly what it did.

The race is over at 10PM. That's when all the drunk assholes go out onto the course. You can't really stop the clock because of a jam, that's just racing. They could add time for future races but I don't see that happening.

Rccrwlr

We were listening to race comms on Thursday and picked up a team complaining that Mel Wade had intentionally made contact with their vehicle, sending them into a roll. The team members were instructed not to report it to race officials, but that the drivers would "deal with it" directly. Never could figure out which team was complaining.

Later I read that Jessi Combs says she was pushed into a roll by another driver in that same race.

I wonder what really happened? If Wade and his EMC jeep were being held up by an U4 Spec car they must have really been hauling ass.
This what you are talking about?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423458800.609024.jpg .
Can't think of a reason to roll Someone.

Rccrwlr

EVO1 is not allowed to race in the everymans challenge because of the suspension design. It would probably win if it was allowed.

I think there would have been a lot more rigs that finished. The live commentators were talking about it. The race officials decided to short cut Jackhammer for the 3rd lap as the leader was coming up to the traffic jam. He would have been stuck and no one would have finished. Most of the rigs stuck in the traffic looked functional. I really couldn't tell what started the issue. There were a few rigs broken but the main line seemed clear. Must be one hell of a tough part of the trail for rigs like these to have problems.

JAGS

Hooked
Dave Cole was told by several drivers that adding jackhammer into the race this year would cause a log jam. That's exactly what it did.

The race is over at 10PM. That's when all the drunk assholes go out onto the course. You can't really stop the clock because of a jam, that's just racing. They could add time for future races but I don't see that happening.

This. ^^^

Also to add if it wasn't mentioned before. Mel and Greg had every intention upon entering main pit at 9:55pm of still going.

It would have been a tough final lap as it was. Not only was time over, but you couldn't account for the unknown drunk dude that decides to jump out in front of a race rig going 80-90+ or in a difficult/technical section. It became a time and safety issue. For the public and for the team.

Here's a couple pics during that final pit stop. You can see the one with race official who basically said you can't go even if you want to (give or take a few words).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423459426.149656.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423459511.069835.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom