Last Minute Hydro Questions

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Do you have your ram fittings facing slightly forward like the photo above?
That's the only reason mine don't hit.

I have not tightened them up yet as I am still trying to figure out the ram position. When you grab the body of your ram can you rotate it quite a bit due to the Heim joints? Put a few bad pictures up that I just ran out and took in a dark garage. IMG_8850.JPG IMG_8852.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I have not tightened them up yet as I am still trying to figure out the ram position. When you grab the body of your ram can you rotate it quite a bit due to the Heim joints? Put a few bad pictures up that I just ran out and took in a dark garage. View attachment 283360 View attachment 283361

If you loosen the jam nuts on the rod ends you should be able to rotate the cylinder towards the axle.
That should stop it from hitting.

** The rotation on the heims is normal though. It stops the ram from binding when the tie rod sweeps.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeeeep

Hooked
J

JKDream

that ram looks like it's mounted too low, is it really below the tie rod or is just the photo?

Pretty sure that's how you have to run them on the 60.
If you look at Eddie's he has a skid plate from EVO for it.

The Cock Father

On the axle side I have the Dynatrac ProRock 60 mount and I used a PSC clamp on the tie rod. Both of the Heim joints on the ram are able to allow the ram to rotate back and forth probably 30 degrees or so.

Just to be clear, you used the stock stabilizer mount on your PR60? I talked to WTOR and they suggested I weld a bracket instead of using what I already have.

If I’m correct with your install, you did not weld anything, rather used PR 60 bracket and clamp to tie rod...

BaddestCross

Just to be clear, you used the stock stabilizer mount on your PR60? I talked to WTOR and they suggested I weld a bracket instead of using what I already have.

If I’m correct with your install, you did not weld anything, rather used PR 60 bracket and clamp to tie rod...
They prefer welded tabs for sure, but if you need to use a clamp, the only one they recommend is made by Carolina Metal Masters.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom