Last rebuild...

deantac

Update ! I've been busy with the Holidays now time to catch up....Here you can see the changes to the exhaust I made. cut the exhaust up and moved things around to make it fit....things worked out good on length. You can see the cross member I made also.

IMG_1321.jpg
IMG_1322.jpg
IMG_1323.jpg

deantac

Decided to move it back as much as I could......So I did.

IMG_0818.jpg

Not sure yet on length but 115-117 wheel base I think.

So now I have this to deal with...I already cut the hole for the fuel filler...but I couldn't move it back with out uncovering the previous hole so I did this.

IMG_0977.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It's too bad about the hole. However, when I see Lj builds like this it makes me want one of these even more. Looking good and can;t wait for the finished project!:thumb::beer:

Subscribed!!!!

deantac

I was happy with it....so I cut the wheel wells out, I went with large openings.... my personal preference. And pushed forward with that set.

IMG_0972.jpg

So I built out the rear...since I had already Frenched out the rear upper shock mounts , I did not want to cut them out.... so I mounted the shock in front of the axle...why not :idontknow:

IMG_1009.jpg
IMG_1008.jpg
IMG_1001.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg

Mounted the rear bump stops...The factory cross member is a double wall, so I used a hole saw the same diameter to cut through the first wall and welded it in.
IMG_1129.jpg
IMG_1004.jpg

deantac

It's too bad about the hole. However, when I see Lj builds like this it makes me want one of these even more. Looking good and can;t wait for the finished project!:thumb::beer:

Subscribed!!!!

Yea, I stared at it for days thinking about what to do.

deantac

Time to do the front housing...I cut up the Dynatrac brackets to what I needed.

IMG_1062.jpg
IMG_1063.jpg
IMG_1064.jpg
IMG_1065.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg

Changed the trac bar mount, also raised the Hyd Ram mount and built a deflector to protect it and welded bump pads in place.

IMG_1081.jpg
IMG_1082.jpg
IMG_1083.jpg
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Looking good man...since a LJ wheelbase is a tad over 103"...you got it stretched to 116" like a JKU?

deantac

Here is some pics of me mocking up the front...I used pvc to figure out the length of the links.

IMG_1024.jpg

Here is the upper mount...It's for a JK.... I didn't modify it at all, Fit pretty good.

IMG_1025.jpg

In this pic you can see the lower mount that comes from Dyna...to low for me and bolt is facing wrong way.... also you can see on the housing where I cut off the spring locater.

IMG_1026.jpg

Trac bar mount will not work for me , I had previously moved my frame mount higher and the ram was to low for my liking.

IMG_1029.jpg

Here you can see the frame mount

IMG_1033.jpg

deantac

Most of the fab work done on the front axle....time to see if I did it right.

IMG_1091.jpg

This is how I ran the brake lines...you can see the shock mounts, I used a set of rear mounts that I had and stuck them on top and welded them up.

IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1097.jpg

Look OK .....

IMG_1114.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg

Top Bottom