Last rebuild...

deantac

Thanks everyone for kind words....:beer:.

so many little things left to do...just relived that it's almost done.

First issue that needs work is the steering, looks like the steering link is to long.....I'm going to try and cut the adjuster, I think I might be able to section it about 1.5 inches. or shit can it all and do tubing with heims at both ends.

deantac

I cut the adjuster...took out 1.5 inches from the center and welded it back up. It worked, full range lock to lock..... centered the steering wheel....and then decided to change out the steering link, don't like how it is.

Going to drill the steering knuckle out and run a bolt instead of the taper ball joint, and use a heim joint.

Well anyway I took it for a drive...:driving:.....first time since beginning of May.....It was ok, I expected more issues to pop up but it was good.

To much slop in steering shaft...the double d shafts.

Need to set duel rate stop still

Bump stops need a little tweak, height adjustment.

Trans needs adjusting...down shift cable.

Toe and caster, I'm close but can feel better...need to do steering shaft first.

Finish wiring a few things up....by pass clutch...OD trans switch...CB radio cable and mount.

Install seats

Remount my air tank...maybe

Limit Straps

And more

IMG_1339.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
That's a great shot of the Jeep with the sun behind!

Down to the final details, can't wait to see that thing all twisted up

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Man that looks great. You've got some mad skills. A lot going on with that front axle. Liking the Vette in the garage too.:thumb:

deantac

Update....Changed the steering link, much happier now....drilled the knuckle and went with a heim joint/tubing...... Then raised the hyd ram more, it was making contact at full lock to the right, And installed the front inner panels... what a pain in the ass with everything installed. bought a catch can vent for the Transfer case...my mod I did for the atlas didn't work still puking oil out. going to try the catch can /vent.

IMG_1352.jpg
IMG_1353.jpg
IMG_1354.jpg
IMG_1355.jpg

deantac

I decided to do something about the atlas shifters banging my knee bones when I’m driving around.

Also the PRP seats sit higher than the stock ones and my rear view mirror blocks my vision out the windshield to the right. I have to bend down to see cross traffic at the stoplight. I like the stock rear view mirror, temp and direction built into it and wanted to keep it.

And I have this switch pod controller that was given to me so I wanted to add the switches to the interior.

One more issue was my transmission , the converter locks up at 35 mph automatically and to unlock it I down shift to second gear. With the higher seat I was leaning over to grab the shifter more than I liked and raising it would be better for me.

That is why I decided to build a center console more to my liking. It’s the first one I ever built and learned a bunch of things but I’m happy with it so far.

DEC83C99-14F0-42D5-81AF-7C48BC8FC90D.jpg

Last edited:

deantac

Made a new cover for the trans tunnel, the shifter I used tubing to raise, move back and get it closer to me. Ended up like 2.5 inches in those directions.

Moved the atlas shifters so they would be where the e-brake was.

Also removed the seat sliders to drop the seats 1.25 inches.

I made the shifter box out of 3/4 square tubing and made removable panels so I could access the cables and wiring underneath.

I added a 12 volt plug and USB port too.

The back section is welded up as one piece, I made it to have trays to keep stuff in and added two cup holders to it. I have the switch pod mounted on the back not sure if it’s staying.

I sprayed it with rubber paint from auto zone.

Top Bottom