Last straw, anybody feeling the same?

Her work was all warranty, fully covered but was in 3 times on the same issue but for some reason didn't fall under the lemon law. What they offered her was the difference of what she would loose if she sold it at book value verses the depreciation from the repairs . It seemed like a pretty good deal but when/ if you sell it you still have the repairs on you car fax and won't get as much for your vehicle.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Her work was all warranty, fully covered but was in 3 times on the same issue but for some reason didn't fall under the lemon law. What they offered her was the difference of what she would loose if she sold it at book value verses the depreciation from the repairs . It seemed like a pretty good deal but when/ if you sell it you still have the repairs on you car fax and won't get as much for your vehicle.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hmmm.. I'll have to look into this as it may be a good option. Thanks for your input

Only issue I had was the well-known squeaky water pump on my 2013 JKU Rubi at approximately 7.5k miles. At 19k now and shes chugging right along without a hitch, still bone stock though.

Only issue I had was the well-known squeaky water pump on my 2013 JKU Rubi at approximately 7.5k miles. At 19k now and shes chugging right along without a hitch, still bone stock though.

Well I hope it stays good and strong! From what I have gathered, it seems to be the 2012's with the most issues due to the new powertrain

Well I hope it stays good and strong! From what I have gathered, it seems to be the 2012's with the most issues due to the new powertrain

Only issue that is currently being worked is trans cooler line/power steering line recall so i don't burn the Jeep up; NBD....

We have an amazing off-road vehicle , unfortunately it's made by the absolute worst quality manufacturer in the world. Chrysler is junk across the board. My ram was a turd, my wife's old nitro had massive issues including needing the piston rings replaced due to excessive oil use which even after replace still ate the same 2 qts a month.
Current Challenger R/T already had the sunroof motor replaced, slight wobble I front end at highway speeds.
Complete garbage across the board.
But I LOVE this Jeep.
Only one that is so far so good

Geez, I feel lucky. I have 24K miles on my 2012 JKUR and not one trouble to this point. Not sure what I would do if it gave me lots of problems. My CJ's were relatively simple and very reliable vehicles. This JK scares the electronic, computerized, NHTB mandated crap outta me. Actually I know what I would do if it started seriously rebelling on me. I'd kick it out of the garage, find it a new home and go back to the "days of yesteryear". But, so far so good.:yup:

I knew I shouldn't have written the above. Got the first MIL light over the past weekend. S#@T! With a little help from the Forum I used the ignition on-off method to find out everything's cool. There appears to be no fault stored in memory. No harm, no foul. So why's the MIL light still on? Jeep's running fine so I'm hoping the dealer gets his ultra-high dollar diagnostic computer to pull a trouble code out tomorrow morning. Hmmmm:thinking:, the gas cap is tight. Stock air filter dirty?:thinking: I did run for about 100 mi. in a serious haboob (dust storm) in NM about 10 days ago. The filter looked OK to me when I checked it yesterday. Maybe the computer's smarter than I think? I'm too old school and like to fix things when they go south. That darn light and "bong" will bug me 'til the Dr's. appt. tomorrow morning. How's that for OCD?:thinking:

So far on my 13' I have had a leaky roof, water pump go out, and rear pinion seal leak. Its basically stock, TF leveling kit and 33s, that's it. May not be too big a deal, but it is to me considering its brand new and I have only put 5400 miles on it. In my opinion, any new vehicle should not have mechanical issues like that. Sorry to hear your having so many issues. I know for me, if I continue to have problems its going away. Id hate to get rid of it, but any new vehicle that has issues is not worth it to me, no matter how much I love the brand or driving it every day. Well see. :dont_know:

And more wonderful news. Now, for the past 3 days, my TPMS keeps going off at random times telling me different tires are low (Checked with tire pressure gauge, none are low). WTF is going on with these things? My wife's commander TPMS goes off when it gets to around 20 degrees for some reason, and it was around 25 degrees when this started on my JK. I'm getting really fed up with this thing!

And more wonderful news. Now, for the past 3 days, my TPMS keeps going off at random times telling me different tires are low (Checked with tire pressure gauge, none are low). WTF is going on with these things? My wife's commander TPMS goes off when it gets to around 20 degrees for some reason, and it was around 25 degrees when this started on my JK. I'm getting really fed up with this thing!

check your settings cause maybe the sensor is set for 30 psi and if you are running 30 or less it could be triggering it. i turned mine off completely

The cold temperature could cause your tires to lose pressure I believe. Or some scientific thing like that...

Well the jeep is back from the dealer, sooner than expected! They replaced the 02 sensor, replaced the vacuum pump, checked the hardtop seals for any leaks after re aligning them, took pictures of the bubbling door hinge to send off to Chrysler, and found nothing wrong with the transmission (said it could be acting funny because of the 02 sensor). No mention of the trucklites, no mention of any of my mods causing a warranty issue, no problems whatsoever. I would highly recommend Orange Coast jeep off of harbor blvd for any SoCal jeeepers in need of service. Now let's see how long the jeep goes without any more troubles. Hopefully this was the last of my issues for a while and I can get over the disappointment I had (I'm sure taking the doors off and blasting country music will help with that too)... Only in a jeep!

check your settings cause maybe the sensor is set for 30 psi and if you are running 30 or less it could be triggering it. i turned mine off completely

Thanks for mentioning this. I actually didn't even realize I could set the TPMS with my procal. I reset to 28 PSI, no issues so far. I'm running at 32 PSI right now. Hopefully it stays that way!

Well... Hate to bitch and complain again but another check engine light came on today after i was hit by a Rav4. Engine code: P0430 CATALYST EFFICIENCY (BANK 2). I would assume nothing to do with the accident considering there is almost no damage on my jeep due to the tires
a2agare5.jpg
ytusapar.jpg

Well... Hate to bitch and complain again but another check engine light came on today after i was hit by a Rav4. Engine code: P0430 CATALYST EFFICIENCY (BANK 2). I would assume nothing to do with the accident considering there is almost no damage on my jeep due to the tires
a2agare5.jpg
ytusapar.jpg

Wow! That's all the damage you received?

a2agare5.jpg
ytusapar.jpg

Sux you got hit, but that damage is awesome..... next try resetting it yourself and see if it comes back on in a day... if it does, take it in

Sux you got hit, but that damage is awesome..... next try resetting it yourself and see if it comes back on in a day... if it does, take it in
I will try that, I'm sure it will but we will see! I was pissed off until I saw the damage, it made me smile but I'm glad it wasn't worse

Wow! That's all the damage you received?
That is all, pretty impressive and if my jeep were not lifted and on 35s, I'm sure it would have been a lot worse

a2agare5.jpg
ytusapar.jpg

Wow, sorry to hear you are still having issues. That really sucks. Im hoping mine continues to behave!

You know, it just occured to me, my old CJ7 was nicknamed 'Grumpy' because it always used to have some little things acting up on it...constantly. It was great, but always little protests here and there. I endedd up with the same color 2013 Wrangler that has been in for warranty work twice already. I hope I didnt jinx myself and create a 'Grumpy II'.

Top Bottom