Last straw, anybody feeling the same?

You know, it just occured to me, my old CJ7 was nicknamed 'Grumpy' because it always used to have some little things acting up on it...constantly. It was great, but always little protests here and there. I endedd up with the same color 2013 Wrangler that has been in for warranty work twice already. I hope I didnt jinx myself and create a 'Grumpy II'.

Hope that doesn't occur as well. From what I've gathered, I don't think the 2013-2014 models are having as many issues, I hope that is the case because I don't think I would be able to own anything other than a jeep...

Hope that doesn't occur as well. From what I've gathered, I don't think the 2013-2014 models are having as many issues, I hope that is the case because I don't think I would be able to own anything other than a jeep...

Its been behaving this week so far. Mine is a 2013 and so far I've had fuel pump replaced, rear pinion seal leak, and a bad TPMS sensor they replaced today when doing its first oil change. All that and I just barely hit 6K miles today. I don't know if the 14's are any better, but I hope. I may be getting one soon.

Its been behaving this week so far. Mine is a 2013 and so far I've had fuel pump replaced, rear pinion seal leak, and a bad TPMS sensor they replaced today when doing its first oil change. All that and I just barely hit 6K miles today. I don't know if the 14's are any better, but I hope. I may be getting one soon.

I had a 13 and now a 14 they are exactly the same....wonderful

I have a 13 and I just had my left cylinder head replaced, the soft top latch screws came super loose and there is a recall on one of the transmission tubes.

News from the dealer today, cylinder 2 misfire. The head is going to be replaced (again), catalytic converter replacement, and a replacement of the transmission ground wire. Should be ready for pick up on Tuesday

I have a 2012 jku with 28,000 miles. ordered mine and picked it up in oct 2011 so I got one of the early ones. So far I have had the wheel speed sensor replaced once and it's being replaced again tomorrow. I have a 3.5" lift 35" tires, front and rear bumpers, winch, flat fenders and rock rails and my dealer never says anything other then "damn that looks good" LOl. Of course they installed the lift and wheels before I picked it up so they can't say to much:thumb:

I have a 2012 jku with 28,000 miles. ordered mine and picked it up in oct 2011 so I got one of the early ones. So far I have had the wheel speed sensor replaced once and it's being replaced again tomorrow. I have a 3.5" lift 35" tires, front and rear bumpers, winch, flat fenders and rock rails and my dealer never says anything other then "damn that looks good" LOl. Of course they installed the lift and wheels before I picked it up so they can't say to much:thumb:

Sounds like a pretty solid build, luckily I have found a dealer that is more helpful and don't say anything about my mods. They've taken care of me so far and seem to actually care about customer service and getting the job done fast

I have a 13 and I just had my left cylinder head replaced, the soft top latch screws came super loose and there is a recall on one of the transmission tubes.

I've done the transmission tubes before it became a recall. I have a squealing that sounds like water pump. I also have a light squeal that happens when I put the Jeep in drive, when I come to complete stop and when I turn off the engine. This one has me a bit baffled at what it could be.

I have a 2012 COD Rubi and just had the p306 code and replaced cylinder head. Tranny now feels a bit better than before the issue so there could be something to that. I am also waiting for superchips to have a full tuner for the 2012 so I can adjust a few things that should fix shift points for my auto tranny. Sorry to hear about all your other issues, other than cylinder head mine has been a champ and Ive put over 10k miles on it in the 4months we have had it. P306 hit right at 15k.

I feel your pain. I have an 07 JKU that blew a motor last week. 44,000 miles. Out of factory warranty, and I'm not the original owner, so no lifetime powertrain warranty. New 3.8 $4400 from dealer, and that doesn't include labor or anything else. The engine sounds like a diesel starting up on a cold morning.

I feel your pain. I have an 07 JKU that blew a motor last week. 44,000 miles. Out of factory warranty, and I'm not the original owner, so no lifetime powertrain warranty. New 3.8 $4400 from dealer, and that doesn't include labor or anything else. The engine sounds like a diesel starting up on a cold morning.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that! Did it just quit under normal conditions or were you abusing it a bit at the time of failure?

Got the jeep back from the dealer today, no more check engine light. But I do notice a ticking noise when the vehicle is in gear (drive/reverse) I also notice a ticking noise from the engine as well that from what I know about engines, usually isn't a good noise. The last two times I heard the tick, I brought it in and had the head replaced so I'm wondering if the head that was just replaced is also bad... I'd post a video of it but I don't know how

I feel your pain. Went through the Ca. lemon law process with my last JK (tan '12 JKUR).
Aside from the replaced head that continued to tick, leaky top that was never fixed (4 attempts), rear leather seat coming apart at seams, and overall terrible fit and finish it was a great Jeep. :cheesy:
Oh yeah and the crazy electrical issues I had after the first head swap. (dash would lite up, navigation/radio crashed constantly)

Have you looked into the buy back process? Can you revert back to stock?

I feel your pain. Went through the Ca. lemon law process with my last JK (tan '12 JKUR).
Aside from the replaced head that continued to tick, leaky top that was never fixed (4 attempts), rear leather seat coming apart at seams, and overall terrible fit and finish it was a great Jeep. :cheesy:
Oh yeah and the crazy electrical issues I had after the first head swap. (dash would lite up, navigation/radio crashed constantly)

Have you looked into the buy back process? Can you revert back to stock?

What was the official reason for the lemon law? Was it a mixture of all your problems or a specific thing that made them deem it a lemon? I have the understanding that it can be considered a lemon after 3+ attempts to fix a single issue. I still hear a tick after my 2nd head replacement.

I can revert back to stock if needed, but I am not familiar with the buy back process, what is that and what is involved? How do I go about doing that?

Thanks,
Sean

What was the official reason for the lemon law? Was it a mixture of all your problems or a specific thing that made them deem it a lemon? I have the understanding that it can be considered a lemon after 3+ attempts to fix a single issue. I still hear a tick after my 2nd head replacement.

I can revert back to stock if needed, but I am not familiar with the buy back process, what is that and what is involved? How do I go about doing that?

Thanks,
Sean

You should have been assigned a Chrysler "case representative" with your first head replacement and received a few phone calls. If you have, let your case rep know you want out of your Jeep and money back. Simple as that.

The lemon law varies by state. "X" amount of attempts and/or "X" amount of consecutive days.

In my case I was so fed up with Jeep and the dealership I went through I wanted nothing except my money back. I was first offered lifetime warranty on my Jeep. When I turned that down I was offered cash with lifetime warranty. Turned that down as well and was offered a brand new Rubi but had to pay the difference. Turned that down too and finally (about 7 months after I started with the problems) I got a check from Chrysler and my Jeep was gone.

The dealer I went to was terrible. I never once was given a rental or loaner. They left me stranded one day at the dealership and wouldn't give me a ride home. They do have a shuttle but I lived more than 30 miles away.

If the Jeep wasn't a second vehicle for me I would have been totally screwed. (More than I already was)
I can't remember now it's been awhile but I think it was in the shop for like 45 days(not consecutive). And one of the times was for about 30 straight days while they waited on parts.

Keep taking it in if it's not right. For every little thing take it back. Don't mention your in the buy back process either.
Chrysler sucks..... They will screw you and they are not your friend!

Top Bottom