Last straw, anybody feeling the same?

You should have been assigned a Chrysler "case representative" with your first head replacement and received a few phone calls. If you have, let your case rep know you want out of your Jeep and money back. Simple as that.

The lemon law varies by state. "X" amount of attempts and/or "X" amount of consecutive days.

In my case I was so fed up with Jeep and the dealership I went through I wanted nothing except my money back. I was first offered lifetime warranty on my Jeep. When I turned that down I was offered cash with lifetime warranty. Turned that down as well and was offered a brand new Rubi but had to pay the difference. Turned that down too and finally (about 7 months after I started with the problems) I got a check from Chrysler and my Jeep was gone.

The dealer I went to was terrible. I never once was given a rental or loaner. They left me stranded one day at the dealership and wouldn't give me a ride home. They do have a shuttle but I lived more than 30 miles away.

If the Jeep wasn't a second vehicle for me I would have been totally screwed. (More than I already was)
I can't remember now it's been awhile but I think it was in the shop for like 45 days(not consecutive). And one of the times was for about 30 straight days while they waited on parts.

Keep taking it in if it's not right. For every little thing take it back. Don't mention your in the buy back process either.
Chrysler sucks..... They will screw you and they are not your friend!

I do not believe I was assigned a case representative from the first head replacement as I had not received any phone calls except from my service advisor.

This is my daily driver and has been in the shop 9 times over the course of a year and a half, for multiple days at a time and has left me without a car for work or school.

I will be looking into this more and hopefully getting my money back before i get screwed with a lemon out of warranty. Thanks for your help!

You should have been assigned a Chrysler "case representative" with your first head replacement and received a few phone calls. If you have, let your case rep know you want out of your Jeep and money back. Simple as that.

The lemon law varies by state. "X" amount of attempts and/or "X" amount of consecutive days.

In my case I was so fed up with Jeep and the dealership I went through I wanted nothing except my money back. I was first offered lifetime warranty on my Jeep. When I turned that down I was offered cash with lifetime warranty. Turned that down as well and was offered a brand new Rubi but had to pay the difference. Turned that down too and finally (about 7 months after I started with the problems) I got a check from Chrysler and my Jeep was gone.

The dealer I went to was terrible. I never once was given a rental or loaner. They left me stranded one day at the dealership and wouldn't give me a ride home. They do have a shuttle but I lived more than 30 miles away.

If the Jeep wasn't a second vehicle for me I would have been totally screwed. (More than I already was)
I can't remember now it's been awhile but I think it was in the shop for like 45 days(not consecutive). And one of the times was for about 30 straight days while they waited on parts.

Keep taking it in if it's not right. For every little thing take it back. Don't mention your in the buy back process either.
Chrysler sucks..... They will screw you and they are not your friend!
I went through something very very similar with an Audi before and it's just a pain. Unfortunately, the physical problems with the vehicle can easily be compounded by a few bad eggs at the dealership. I only owned that car for 95 or so days, but it spent 80 of them in the shop. Sometimes, the dealership would just stock it in, do absolutely nothing to it, call me back 10 days later and tell me it was fixed. Please get Chrysler Corporate involved and document as much as you can. Information is your best friend for this sort of problem. If you make a phone call, write it down (time, date, who you spoke to, what they told you, what they suggested your next course of action, etc). If you speak to someone at the dealership, write it down (date/time/what they said, how they said it). Document everything. You really can't have enough info here. The only reason this situation didn't drag out any longer was b/c I lawyered up and took very detailed notes on everything that happened, as it happened.

Good luck!

I went through something very very similar with an Audi before and it's just a pain. Unfortunately, the physical problems with the vehicle can easily be compounded by a few bad eggs at the dealership. I only owned that car for 95 or so days, but it spent 80 of them in the shop. Sometimes, the dealership would just stock it in, do absolutely nothing to it, call me back 10 days later and tell me it was fixed. Please get Chrysler Corporate involved and document as much as you can. Information is your best friend for this sort of problem. If you make a phone call, write it down (time, date, who you spoke to, what they told you, what they suggested your next course of action, etc). If you speak to someone at the dealership, write it down (date/time/what they said, how they said it). Document everything. You really can't have enough info here. The only reason this situation didn't drag out any longer was b/c I lawyered up and took very detailed notes on everything that happened, as it happened.

Good luck!

Will do, corporate has already been contacted with the complete list of my issues and all they had to say was "take it in for service" 2 weeks after I had contacted them. they really don't give a shit about anybody. But I will do that, thank you

Each State has it's own vehicle lemon law. Follow this link to the one for California.

http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon

Going to take my Wrangler in to Donavee in Placentia today to find out why there is about 1 inch of sand like material in the bottom of the expansion tank (have read several posts on this). I can only imagine what is at the bottom of the radiator. I have checked several other 2013 Wranglers and they have the same issue. Have to believe this is why water pumps are failing.

Last edited:
Each State has it's own vehicle lemon law. Follow this link to the one for California.

http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon

I have looked into that, and it is my understanding that if your vehicle has been in for service for a total of 30+ days, it can be considered a lemon... Mine has been in service for a total of 25 days over 9 separate appointments. Thanks for the link, I will read up on it again to double check what it states

Its 4+ visits for the same issue or 30+ continual days for the same issue...

These are not rules just generalities. It can be less if it has to do with operator safety etc.

Contact an attorney who deals with this stuff, they almost all do free consult and work on contingency so you aren't out any $ even if the claim is rejected. If they don't think they have a case they just won't take yours.

Its 4+ visits for the same issue or 30+ continual days for the same issue...

These are not rules just generalities. It can be less if it has to do with operator safety etc.

Contact an attorney who deals with this stuff, they almost all do free consult and work on contingency so you aren't out any $ even if the claim is rejected. If they don't think they have a case they just won't take yours.

Sounds good, I will give that a try! Thanks

well...Looks like a power steering leak to me, anybody agree or think differently? Is this something the dealer needs to see or can it be a fluid overflow?:thinking:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 72
well...Looks like a power steering leak to me, anybody agree or think differently? Is this something the dealer needs to see or can it be a fluid overflow?:thinking:

It's hard to tell by the pic but it looks like a coolant leak, looks dried, oil usually looks wet , might be wrong but just going by the pic.

I don't think PS fluid would "dry", you'd still be able to see PS fluid as oily and if wiped with a white rag, it would come off as red. That looks like dried water/coolant from here?

It's hard to tell by the pic but it looks like a coolant leak, looks dried, oil usually looks wet , might be wrong but just going by the pic.

It was wet in some places still but could have been cleaned off by a "river crossing" I went through. Or maybe dried up by the dirt I was driving on?

Thanks,
Sean

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks,
Sean

what does it feel like? what does it smell like? I won't ask you how it tastes lol. hard to tell from a photo. basically have slippery stuff in engine, differentials, tranny, power steering and power brakes. diff. gear oil stinks due to sulpher so that is easy to rule out. Engine oil is easy to identify. It could be brake fluid or PS fluid or it could be something totally unrelated to your jeep that you drove thu. Oh yea coolant and wiper fluid should be easy too identify as well. perhaps it is the elusive muffler bearing grease or blinker fluid :) regardless it looks like a very small amount. I would clean it up good and then watch the area crawl under after driving it a while.

Last edited:
what does it feel like? what does it smell like? I won't ask you how it tastes lol. hard to tell from a photo. basically have slippery stuff in engine, differentials, tranny, power steering and power brakes. diff. gear oil stinks due to sulpher so that is easy to rule out. Engine oil is easy to identify. It could be brake fluid or PS fluid or it could be something totally unrelated to your jeep that you drove thu.

It was oily, didn't have a smell (at least that I could tell) and seemed rather transparent (maybe colored in larger quantity) I was tempted to taste it but wasn't really up for that

Thanks,
Sean

Top Bottom