LEFT LANE VIGILANTES - They Drive Me CRAZY

GP NOIR

Hooked
If you let someone inside your OODA Loop because they didn’t use the blinker, sell your car and buy a bus pass.

DaJudge

I drive seven miles on the interstate as part of my daily commute. This morning I had to pass 4 different cars that were parked in the left lane. There was very little traffic and most of it is 4 lanes wide.

Kuboske

Feds are right now considering requiring speed limiters on every commercial truck on the highway. Much pushback by owner-ops, like me but, that doesn't usually matter.
I once was traveling westbound on I-74 in a remote area with cruise set at 65. Me, in the right lane, eating lunch. Schneider company truck slowly caught up and attempted to pass. Since no one else was around, I thought I would see just how long this dumb ass would stay in his attempt. 14 MILES LATER, a car was coming up behind and I grew tired of him wallowing beside me so I ended the test.
Speed limiters are unsafe and extremely annoying.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In Nevada, where the posted speed limit is 80 MPH, there are signs that specifically state, "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and "Keep Right Except to Pass". Clearly, these signs and the words on them are written in a mystery language foreign to CALIFORNIANS as whenever I drive on I-80, they do the EXACT OPPOSITE. And I do mean ALWAYS and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!! Fortunately, the highway is typically pretty empty on a weekday afternoon and so it's easy to go around them but WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK is wrong with these people?? Even guys pulling trailers were in the fast lane and I know they aren't supposed to be in the state they came from.

IMG_0833.JPG

Seems they at least remembered to keep it at about 55 MPH though :rolleyes:

jcruse64

I've been known to pass them in the slow lane, get in the left lane, then lower my speed enough to force them to go in the right lane, in order for them to maintain their speed. Most of the time, I've noticed that they took the hint, at least as long as I was in their sight.

I will say that I've travelled more than a few section of interstate, in several states, where I would always try to stay in the fast lane, if not blocking faster traffic, because of the poor condition of the right lane. I don't get too bothered about that, as we ALL value the condition of our tires, wheels, and suspension.

DaJudge

People of California, STAY HOME! Another dipshit driving in the left lane. On my way to work this morning a Sprinter Van Camper driving in the left lane next to a semi in the middle lane. The far right lanes are jammed up with people getting off on I-25. The sprinter almost passed the semi once, then slowed down to drive with his front about two feet ahead of the truck.
Once we could go around on the right about twenty cars followed me. I felt bad for the semi, I'm sure he was thrilled that the idiot wouldn't pass him.
You guys that live in California, what the hell is up with that? 90% of the idiots screwing up traffic on I-40 are people with Cali plates!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
People of California, STAY HOME! Another dipshit driving in the left lane. On my way to work this morning a Sprinter Van Camper driving in the left lane next to a semi in the middle lane. The far right lanes are jammed up with people getting off on I-25. The sprinter almost passed the semi once, then slowed down to drive with his front about two feet ahead of the truck.
Once we could go around on the right about twenty cars followed me. I felt bad for the semi, I'm sure he was thrilled that the idiot wouldn't pass him.
You guys that live in California, what the hell is up with that? 90% of the idiots screwing up traffic on I-40 are people with Cali plates!
I have to say, I couldn't agree with you more. Just about every time I see this shit, the car in question is almost always from California.

duktrx

I have to say, I couldn't agree with you more. Just about every time I see this shit, the car in question is almost always from California.
I had the trifecta today, CA plates, Biden/Harris Sticker, and an E-Mustang. Three lanes of traffic in a 65 zone (55 for trailers), no one for a mile in front of the idiot in the fast lane going 55, the semi going 55 in the middle lane, and the slow lane packed with RVs and merging traffic headed up a slight hill.

JTDriver

California drivers suck. I know. I live here. Just today, while driving home, a Toyota Camry (why is it always a Toyota Camry or Prius?) was holding up traffic on the left lane. There were five cars behind her but she completely ignored us all.

tweeve

Where I am at in Washington, it is always Oregon people who are doing that. They also for some reason can't figure out how to go faster than 60 when the speed limit is 70.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Where I am at in Washington, it is always Oregon people who are doing that. They also for some reason can't figure out how to go faster than 60 when the speed limit is 70.
In Oregon, the speed of light is 45 mph. No one can go faster than the speed of light.

DaJudge

This morning a semi with Cali plates mindlessly driving ten under in the left lane! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I am starting to really get angry about this!

Top Bottom