Life on the Road

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
so funny, I literally just asked Chris what you were up to a few hours ago and I hadn't seen this. Now I know! Envious you can pull this off. If I was lone wolfing it I would be doing the exact same.

doojer

so funny, I literally just asked Chris what you were up to a few hours ago and I hadn't seen this. Now I know! Envious you can pull this off. If I was lone wolfing it I would be doing the exact same.

Well shucks, it's nice to know I'm being thought of. :D

Yep that wanderlust really got the best of me, lol.... hopefully we'll cross paths soon!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Like a boss. Subscribed. Would be awesome if you had the sort of job where all you need is a laptop and an internet connection, so that you can travel all over the country and still work full time!

doojer

That is so cool brother.
Thanks Hightower, so far so good! :cool:

Like a boss. Subscribed. Would be awesome if you had the sort of job where all you need is a laptop and an internet connection, so that you can travel all over the country and still work full time!
Trust me, I'm working on it! I'm about half way there right now with part of my work being rooted in LA and then the other part allows me to go laptop warrior style. Planning on transitioning into more of the latter! Gonna be on the road a bunch this summer. :thumbup:

doojer

Btw I posted a video tour of the Casita. I didn't include a tour of the Jeep yet... but that's coming! There are some things I've realized I'd like to do to the jeep to accommodate this new lifestyle, like add some storage drawers and a 15 amp receptacle to the hard top. But, in any case, while it isn't an 'offroad' trailer, I found the Patriot to be amongst the best options that are within our limited tow specs.... and nearly perfect for what I needed. The little guy weighs 1880 dry.

Enjoy... more trip reports coming soon! :cool:

doojer

Put up another one... spending the weekend at Malibu Creek State Park and hiking to the old M*A*S*H set. So far this is going pretty good. Only been 3 weeks but I'm having a blast! :cool: :thumbup:

Hope you guys are enjoying the vids!

doojer

I was asked on an RV/trailer forum about the Jeeps at the M*A*S*H site.... and, of course, I know nothing. I'm pretty sure the Medic Jeep is a Willys but I'm unclear on the details.... or if it's even real and not just a prop. Anyone got some insight? Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How cool is that! Never hiked up to the old MASH site but it looks beautiful. I was wondering though, was the purple flowers sage or maybe horse mint? I suppose it's not really important, just wondering. As far as the Jeeps go, the couple that I saw in your footage looked like they might be old Willys MB's but I could tell for sure without looking at the fronts.

LetsGoMuddin

You are living the life! It looks like you are enjoying your adventure, I'll definitely be following along! :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thats awesome thanks for sharing. Family and I have recently begun hiking and this is on our to do list, thanks to you. :thankyou:

doojer

How cool is that! Never hiked up to the old MASH site but it looks beautiful. I was wondering though, was the purple flowers sage or maybe horse mint? I suppose it's not really important, just wondering. As far as the Jeeps go, the couple that I saw in your footage looked like they might be old Willys MB's but I could tell for sure without looking at the fronts.
Ha! Well shoot... now I'm not totally sure! Is it this?

http://www.laspilitas.com/nature-of-california/plants/198--salvia-leucophylla-point-sal

This is why I need you around when I make videos! You know things! :lol:

You are living the life! It looks like you are enjoying your adventure, I'll definitely be following along! :thumb:
I am definitely enjoying it so far, although I'm sure there are bound to be some bumps. Hopefully fun ones! :D Thanks for checking out the vids!

Thats awesome thanks for sharing. Family and I have recently begun hiking and this is on our to do list, thanks to you. :thankyou:
Wow, that's awesome! :cool: Very cool to know it was helpful... thank you and enjoy the hike!

Top Bottom