LIMITED: Devils Canyon Trail Run 4/27/13

Elusive

I ran this trail a few years ago and it's tough. It also gets VERY hot out there and you have a real chance of being out there for a long time so bring supplies.
for reference, I'd place this trail harder than anything other than some of the hammers trails in SoCal. It's harder than jack or sledge for sure....mostly because it's not stacked nearly as much.
It's a real treat to get to run it and everyone should go if you get an oppotunity.

GCM 2

Arghhhh! I can't believe I'm going to miss this! I'm in Germany and don't get back to the southwest until Friday night. Scheiße (schizer)!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Arghhhh! I can't believe I'm going to miss this! I'm in Germany and don't get back to the southwest until Friday night. Scheiße (schizer)!!

I really don't see why that's an issue. Get home, get in jeep, drive 5 hours, sleep 45 minutes, drive 5 hours home. ;)

GCM 2

So you want Eddie to add you to the going list? If you go ill cancel my plans and walk out there.

Not this time my friend. I will be wifeless, dogless and homeless, if I decide to make that drive out to the link up point. I have been on the road pretty steady and when I wasn't on the road, I was in the garage playing catch up on jeep wrenching. I need to spend time at home with family. I will miss seeing and wheeling with you guys ;(

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not this time my friend. I will be wifeless, dogless and homeless, if I decide to make that drive out to the link up point. I have been on the road pretty steady and when I wasn't on the road, I was in the garage playing catch up on jeep wrenching. I need to spend time at home with family. I will miss seeing and wheeling with you guys ;(

Totally understand just giving you a hard time. :D

Nicholas

Man! In my own backyard and I can't go! :( I have a old friend in town.

I would love to meet up before or after the trail run.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE 04/25/13:
Good news everyone, I just got the permit and our Devils Canyon run is a 100% GO!! While it isn't required, Cindy and I will be heading down on Friday and booking a room at the Ayres Hotel in Alpine through Sunday. Click on the link below if you would like to make reservations there as well:

http://www.ayreshotels.com/san-diego/hotel-alpine.aspx

Of course, you are more than welcome to just come down on Saturday and treat this as a day run if you'd like. If you come on Saturday, we will be doing breakfast in town and rolling at 9 AM. Please be gassed up and ready to go. So you know, the weather for this weekend is supposed to be in the 90's with lows in the 70's so we'll be running this one doorless/topless... well, almost topless anyway :cool:

So that there is no misunderstanding here, if you are not on the list above, you WILL NOT be allowed to join us on this run. DO NOT try to show up at the last minute with the hopes of tagging along. There is a maximum vehicle and body count allowed on the trail and ONLY the names above will be included on the permit!! I am not kidding about this.

Please let me know if you'd like to join us or if you have any questions.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Bummer you can't make it but, you've gotta do what you gotta do and some things in life are just more important. :yup:

Man! In my own backyard and I can't go! :( I have a old friend in town.

I would love to meet up before or after the trail run.

Well, we'll be up in Alpine tomorrow night and there again at the end of the day Saturday. Come have a drink or two with us :beer:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Just got back last night from a week up north in the central coast. My timing does sooo suck. This would have been a great test for me as a driver. Not so much for my Jeep. It is more capable than my skills. I know you are all up to your eyeballs in rocks by now so I hope everyone has a great time and any carnage will be minimal. Especially for Trailbud ;) Doug, you've paid your dues and deserve to ace this one. :thumb: Safe passages everyone! :beer:

Paisano

11 pm no update from Devils Canyon run has me scratching my head!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Paisano

I was, had my room booked and then my wife informed me of a re-certification class she had scheduled Saturday and both sitters were unavailable. I tried everything even considered hiring a nanny service!

JAGS

Hooked
I was, had my room booked and then my wife informed me of a re-certification class she had scheduled Saturday and both sitters were unavailable. I tried everything even considered hiring a nanny service!

That sucks man. I'm sure all is well and they are far past several bottles of honey.

I eagerly await picks too.

Top Bottom