Lockers

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for the reply, you make a good point I would really like the arb but I figured get everyone's opinion. And it seems everyone is running the arb for good reasons.

I though about going to the Eatons when I ordered my axles but after talking to the shop and digging around here I decided to go with the ARB's. There are virtually no downsides to these units.

Jeeper125

I though about going to the Eatons when I ordered my axles but after talking to the shop and digging around here I decided to go with the ARB's. There are virtually no downsides to these units.

Yeah I guess I'm better off spending the coin once, plus the onboard air is good to have. Do you have to 30 spline or the 35 spline arb?

WJCO

Meme King
Also, lockers are not something you would want to do twice based on the time and/or money.

TCMguy

I was wondering if installing the ARB lockers would affect gas milage for everyday driving with lockers not engaged ?

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah I guess I'm better off spending the coin once, plus the onboard air is good to have. Do you have to 30 spline or the 35 spline arb?

I went 35 spline both ends

I was wondering if installing the ARB lockers would affect gas milage for everyday driving with lockers not engaged ?

LOL - nope - the mileage will suck with or without lockers! Seriously, the ARB's are totally invisible. No effect on mileage.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Also, lockers are not something you would want to do twice based on the time and/or money.

I agree with not doing anything twice, but I don't think using an Eaton Elocker will be cause for doing it twice.

WJCO

Meme King
I agree with not doing anything twice, but I don't think using an Eaton Elocker will be cause for doing it twice.

I was just stating it as a generalized statement regarding the cost/time of differential repairs.

lesterjanpearson

If say I want to do front and rear arb lockers, do I need dual compressor? or just 1?

I'm only planning on doing rear. but just for info.

Coop

Caught the Bug
If say I want to do front and rear arb lockers, do I need dual compressor? or just 1?

I'm only planning on doing rear. but just for info.

The dual ARB compressor is awesome. There are other posts from those with both, but for my money, I would get the dual compressor. A couple of pages back on this thread Cozdude posted a picture of the dual compressor

WJCO

Meme King
Pros and Cons? But would I really need it? I am not into rock crawling. just trailing, muds, climbing rough roads, mall crawling.

I was in the same boat. Sure it's not needed, but the extra air up time to me was worth the money. I went with the twin.

Jeeper125

I have read that the eaton lockers you had to roll for the locker to engage is that the same with there new 4 pinion design and is that the same for the arb too or do lock as soon as you turn them on

Coop

Caught the Bug
I have read that the eaton lockers you had to roll for the locker to engage is that the same with there new 4 pinion design and is that the same for the arb too or do lock as soon as you turn them on
They seem to engage when you hit the switch. The delay appears when you want to disengage if you have the locker under a torqued condition. It releases fairly quickly if you are moving and not under load.

Top Bottom