LoD JK Destroyer Series Bumpers Now Available!!!

CCTX50

Will a Warn Zeon 10-s winch fit on the JK Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper with Bull Guard? Any installation instructions you can put out to look at pre purchase?

Great looking work as always!!!!

Zeon Winch Fits!

Warn Zeon winches do fit with the Destroyer front bumpers! There is no need to specify if you have a Zeon winch or not like the Signature Series bumpers. Either one, Zeon or regular Warn winches will work with the Destroyer bumpers.

CCTX50

LōD Offroad;821613 said:
Warn Zeon winches do fit with the Destroyer front bumpers! There is no need to specify if you have a Zeon winch or not like the Signature Series bumpers. Either one, Zeon or regular Warn winches will work with the Destroyer bumpers.
Thank you for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

GraniteCrystal

That sucks. Thanks for posting. Looks like I'm back to building my own
Yeah, now trying to decide myself. Build it or buy it. Ugh. Leaning towards buy just because it'd be a lot less hassle, turn out better than what I could do, and comes with a warranty. Would love to have something show up on my doorstep that could handle my shovel, Rotopax, 37" tire, and cargo basket and it does just that. If only that didn't cost almost $2k :(

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

WJCO

Meme King
That sucks. Thanks for posting. Looks like I'm back to building my own

Yeah, now trying to decide myself. Build it or buy it. Ugh. Leaning towards buy just because it'd be a lot less hassle, turn out better than what I could do, and comes with a warranty. Would love to have something show up on my doorstep that could handle my shovel, Rotopax, 37" tire, and cargo basket and it does just that. If only that didn't cost almost $2k :(

Yeah I'd rather buy but it doesn't seem like anyone makes exactly what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I built my WJ one with a VERY simple design out of .125 steel square tubing. It was about 200USD in parts, but about 20 hours of work. I can honestly say I do understand why the fabricators charge so much. It's a lot of measuring and re-measuring to get it right.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
What are you going for?

Something similar to this that can carry a bit of gear and jerry cans but it needs to be frame mounted, work with the factory HR bumper and open with the tailgate.

I'd just get the AEV carrier but I don't like how it looks with the HR bumper and it's nearly $2k over here

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I built my WJ one with a VERY simple design out of .125 steel square tubing. It was about 200USD in parts, but about 20 hours of work. I can honestly say I do understand why the fabricators charge so much. It's a lot of measuring and re-measuring to get it right.

Exactly why I'd rather buy. While I will be drawing it up in CAD and sending it too the laser cutters which saves a heap of time there is still a lot of time in measuring and re-measuring to make sure it's right.

Plus if someone else has already put in the work to develop a good product, why reinvent the wheel.

GraniteCrystal

Something similar to this that can carry a bit of gear and jerry cans but it needs to be frame mounted, work with the factory HR bumper and open with the tailgate.

I'd just get the AEV carrier but I don't like how it looks with the HR bumper and it's nearly $2k over here

Look at H8Roads build thread. He runs the HR bumper with aev carrier.

WJCO

Meme King
Exactly why I'd rather buy. While I will be drawing it up in CAD and sending it too the laser cutters which saves a heap of time there is still a lot of time in measuring and re-measuring to make sure it's right.

Plus if someone else has already put in the work to develop a good product, why reinvent the wheel.

Wise move if you have the money. I just found some pics while I was building it. Just this part right here was over 4 hours.

spare tire 2.jpg

spare tire 7.jpg

Weight Limit Example

"The Destroyer carrier has a Max capacity of 300LBS total, with tire included. If your tire weighs about 75lbs or 85lbs, then you have 225lbs or 215lbs of accessories that can be added. The trail rack capacity is 60lbs. Add your gas can weight and as long as you stay under 300lbs total, you should be fine.

The weight of gas is approx. 6.2lbs per gallon.

For Example:

38" tire - 100lbs
60lbs cooler in the trail rack (Beer of course)
5 gallon jerry cans - 40lbs each side
Hi-Lift jack behind the tire - 30lbs

= 270lbs Total weight on the carrier

This is under the 300lbs Max capacity and is a typical example of the Destroyer carrier capability."

Is the 300lb weight limit include tire, gas cans, and shovel? Or just what you can fit on the cargo basket?

Top Bottom