Longarmwj builds a JKU

longarmwj

:cheesy: Payback is always a mean 'ol bitch

"Do you like getting dirty deep in the woods? Do you enjoy paying cheap prices for mediocre levels of satisfaction?

If you answered yes to either question, then please call Sextreme Terrain's new free phone sex hotline at 1-844-290-4295, where we'll fuck you in more ways than one.

Remember, just because it's a knockoff doesn't mean you won't get off ;)"

jesse3638

Hooked
"Do you like getting dirty deep in the woods? Do you enjoy paying cheap prices for mediocre levels of satisfaction?

If you answered yes to either question, then please call Sextreme Terrain's new free phone sex hotline at 1-844-290-4295, where we'll fuck you in more ways than one.

Seems like you've put some thought into it..haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

You should trademark that!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug

I'd call it.

longarmwj

Picked up the control arms yesterday. These things are stupidly beefy. They were still in their wrappings and the guy even had the install instructions and Mammoth 4x4 stickers with them. I’ll be interested to see the longevity of them, but from initial impressions they seem super sturdy.
IMG_4305.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Well got the rear brakes done today. Ran out of daylight so I’ll let the local shop deal with the control arms. Mostly because I’m replacing the axle bushings at the same time and I’ve heard they’re an absolute bitch to get pressed in and out. But my brakes were for sure due for a replacement. It stops so much better now lmfao
IMG_4325.jpg
IMG_4326.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg

Also after removing the passenger side rear brake rotor, I noticed this on my shock. From what I can tell it came in contact with the rear track bar mount.
IMG_4329.jpg

longarmwj

:crazyeyes: How many miles did those last? Were they all like that?! Looks like maybe that one was sticking & wore out sooner?
Just under 44k or so. That was the rear pad for the driver side rear. It was the worst. The passenger side was fine but I replaced them anyway.

Customer states 'Noise just started yesterday.'
Right? It’s so much better having a quiet Jeep lmfao

longarmwj

IMG_4379.jpg
IMG_4380.jpg
IMG_4381.jpg
IMG_4382.jpg
IMG_4393.jpg

Got the control arms in. Can’t say as I’m real impressed with the positioning of the grease fitting nipples but other then that they seem fine. Jeep drives a million times better and it for sure drives smoother over bumps. It helped out with flex a little, but not a ton. Now to see how long they last.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
View attachment 313617
View attachment 313618
View attachment 313619
View attachment 313620
View attachment 313621

Got the control arms in. Can’t say as I’m real impressed with the positioning of the grease fitting nipples but other then that they seem fine. Jeep drives a million times better and it for sure drives smoother over bumps. It helped out with flex a little, but not a ton. Now to see how long they last.

Turn the grease fittings so they face up on the lower arms. Problem solved lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I know the pics were taken before tightening them.

That doesn’t work for some of the arms. Some of them are bent in a way that’s the only way they fit

Then swap sides and turn the one joint so it faces up. I have my evo lower arms set with both of the zerks facing up and out of harms way

Top Bottom