Longarmwj builds a JKU

longarmwj

I feel like my shocks are limiting how much I’m able to flex. With the new control arms i was hoping to get some increased articulation but it appears that isn’t the case. The picture below is same suspension, before (top photo) and after (bottom photo) control arms. It is either shocks, or the coils themselves. It seems like other people running 4 inch lifts (and even smaller) are experiencing better articulation than I am currently. I honestly think my 2.5 spacer lift flexed just as much if not more then i am now.
IMG_4408.jpg

I’d love to hear others thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
I feel like my shocks are limiting how much I’m able to flex. With the new control arms i was hoping to get some increased articulation but it appears that isn’t the case. The picture below is same suspension, before (top photo) and after (bottom photo) control arms. It is either shocks, or the coils themselves. It seems like other people running 4 inch lifts (and even smaller) are experiencing better articulation than I am currently. I honestly think my 2.5 spacer lift flexed just as much if not more then i am now.
View attachment 313751

I’d love to hear others thoughts.

Control arms have no real effect on your articulation, shocks and bumps stops are what limit your flex unless you have limit straps.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I’m running Rusty’s Off-road 3.25” spring with 3/4” spacer in the front. Fox2.0 shocks for 4-6” lift. My shocks are about a inch too long on the front, the coils will unseat a little. My old Rancho shocks were too short, thinking they were for 2-4 lift. It wouldn’t droop at all.
IMG_2969.JPG
IMG_2970.JPG
IMG_2971.JPG
I have been meaning to to put limiting straps on the front or put 4” Plush rides on it. I’m about to upgrade to 37s

longarmwj

I’m running Rusty’s Off-road 3.25” spring with 3/4” spacer in the front. Fox2.0 shocks for 4-6” lift. My shocks are about a inch too long on the front, the coils will unseat a little. My old Rancho shocks were too short, thinking they were for 2-4 lift. It wouldn’t droop at all.
View attachment 313756
View attachment 313757
View attachment 313758
I have been meaning to to put limiting straps on the front or put 4” Plush rides on it. I’m about to upgrade to 37s

I might have to try new shocks then. Guess I’ll give Exodus a call here in a week or so

longarmwj

My friend: “I have a used diff cover you can have. Give me 40 bucks and I’ll clean it up and install it while you work”

Me: “sounds good! Come by the office and pick it up”

Used diff cover ends up being teraflex 🤦🏻*♂️
IMG_6508.jpg

I suppose it’s better then a bent stock leaking one. And it looks almost brand new. Let’s see how long it takes for it to explode though.

WJCO

Meme King
My friend: “I have a used diff cover you can have. Give me 40 bucks and I’ll clean it up and install it while you work”

Me: “sounds good! Come by the office and pick it up”

Used diff cover ends up being teraflex 🤦🏻*♂️
View attachment 323348

I suppose it’s better then a bent stock leaking one. And it looks almost brand new. Let’s see how long it takes for it to explode though.

Your friend forgot to grind off the red shit.

longarmwj

Your friend forgot to grind off the red shit.

Right?? I was expecting some kind of generic steel one not that abomination.

I expect my rear diff to explode next trail ride, and I’m sure it’ll be my fault for having it installed wrong or something

At least I’m not dripping on my driveway anymore

longarmwj

IMG_8582.jpg

Not really an update, but seeing as the 4th is tomorrow I decided to wash, claybar, wax, tire shine, and restore the fenders on my Jeep. It hasn’t looked this good in a long long time

Looks great. Gobi and Sahara Tan are my two favorite JK paint options. Always a pain in the ass and time consuming to clay bar. But you can’t complain about the results.

Top Bottom